sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

Not really as football doesn't work like that. Especially as we have been playing without any identity this season and our main tactic just seems to be lump the ball long.

Even though your football is dire to watch, O'Neill currently has a game plan which is mainly 9 men behind the ball and hope Fletcher scores. Although it might be different for this as you are the home team so yous will have to come out and show some intent for once.

I don't watch many toon games but i was under the impression that you were playing ok? I know you got beat of your main rivals (man u) but still.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch many toon games but i was under the impression that you were playing ok? I know you got beat of your main rivals (man u) but still.

Nah we haven't played well at all. I for one would like to see us go back to 4-3-3 like we did at times last season but for whatever reason it seems Pardew doesn't want to do this.

Johnson is your best player but he plays where we play Ben Arfa so he would play for me. Fletcher is more in form than Cisse but he's not as good a player so no again. Your midfield aren't close to the quality of Cabaye and Tiote and Krul is comfortably better than (an admittedly improved) Mingolet.

That leaves the defence. Browns never fit so I wouldn't consider him, santons better than whoever you're playing left back now, Simpsons average but bardsleys no better, bramble is still bramble. O'Shea is possibly better than Taylor, I never thought he was up to standard at manure but maybe he's an overall solid player. Him and Ses maybe but I think our forwards are better tbh.

Footballs not played on paper though and derbys are even more unpredictable.

I like the fact that no body has mentioned the probable match winner (bookmark this) SEBASTIAN LARRSON...corners are a lethal weapon! free kicks will be Richardson esque. The weak link in the toon is the defence. If we get an early goal then its goodnight shearer etc.

Larson is a player I'd have in our squad but he wouldn't play ahead of ben Arfa, Tiote or Cabaye.

And going one nil up really led to your wins against swansea the bin dippers and wist am didnt it?

fair point but we had chances to see them games off but we didn't (luck has to change sometime) I love MoN but his counter attack system especially at home can be flawed ( awww fuck we are going to get tanked)

only jesting 3-1 Sunderland win.

I watched the Liverpool and west ham (and arsenal) games and if anything you were the lucky ones. In each game you deserved fuck all the way you played. It was understandable against arsenal as you were away against a quality team but it inexcusable against a poor Liverpool side and a team just promoted.

Personally I won't make a prediction. On paper I feel we're considerably better but anything can happen on the day. You're just as likely to all of a sudden find a performance against us and we might be the ones who don't turn up for a change.

Wont change a thing about who are better though :)

The best team will win (which of course is the mighty mighty Sunderland) these mags that say "aww it doesn't matter man, its like playing wigan" are deluded. After rangers v celtic i can't think of a bigger derby/ Any mags travelling to Sunderland stay safe hahaha and wind your neck in!!!

O'Shea's a decent player IMO.

Thing with any derby is you can't call it, it's always determined on the day. It's always Sunderland's cup final whereas we're the ones expected to win. Never a guaranteed easy game for either team regardless of form.

I think this is a nailed on draw though as both teams will be too cautious of cocking up and losing points to try anything too risky.

As always in recent games I think there'll be some horror challenges that the officials will baulk at punishing.

Thing with any derby is you can't call it, it's always determined on the day. It's always Sunderland's cup final whereas we're the ones expected to win. Never a guaranteed easy game for either team regardless of form.

I think this is a nailed on draw though as both teams will be too cautious of cocking up and losing points to try anything too risky.

As always in recent games I think there'll be some horror challenges that the officials will baulk at punishing.

why do mags say that? you are not barcelona you know! you have won precisely FUCK ALL!!!!

why do mags say that? you are not barcelona you know! you have won precisely FUCK ALL!!!!

ahh tiote you mean?

Fuck rangers Celtic! This is the only one that I care about.

I don't buy when people say they don't care (well I suppose it makes sense to fans from outside the area like Ant). I don't give a fuck about the scum in my general life but these are massive games and there's no point denying it.

not at all in the slightest!!! maybe you can provide some proof that every mackem yearns to be a geordie hahahaha

All I know is how obsessed you lot are (speaking as someone who's worked in the dark side for years). Never hear a word about your own team but never shut up about whats happening with us.

All I know is how obsessed you lot are (speaking as someone who's worked in the dark side for years). Never hear a word about your own team but never shut up about whats happening with us.

that's because newcastle have provided so much comedy over the years...remind me who is your sponser next year?

Oh aye and tombola was tasteful!

I think there's been many occasion over the past twenty years when the quality of our teams has been much closer than what it is now. On paper we're miles better. Two seasons ago we were much closer (and won 5-1).

Mind you the same could have been said at the time of the playoffs and we know how that turned out!