Red bull(shit) stratos record.

wolfy

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone can shed any light on post 582 and how they took the supposed infra red shot at that height sideways on I'd be interested to know.

No idea exactly but really struggle to see how difficult it would be? Infra red camera / scope / whatever is simple enough. Scope with that distance is more than simple enough. Self tracking on a telescope stand is simple enough. Which bit do you think impossible? Plus to me it doesnt even look sideways, it looks like its viewed from a lower angle.

To refuel a sub is a process that takes nearly 2 years. It's done by cutting a hole in the casing and pressure hull then taking the lid off the reactor. A bottom opening shielded container is bolted on top of it and a fuel module is raised into it. The container is then closed with spent fuel inside. Repeat until all fuel is removed.

The submarine fuel lasts so much longer as it has a high enrichment whereas civil reactor fuel has low enrichment.

911-007.jpg

Martin Sheen and Woody Harrelson set for 9/11 'truther' film September Morn

Hollywood is to court controversy with a film that will challenge the official version of the events of 9/11, a previously taboo topic for the industry mainstream. Martin Sheen, Woody Harrelson and Ed Asner, who have all supported conspiracy theories about the terrorist attacks, have signed up to the movie, which is entitled September Morn.

Styling itself as a drama in the tradition of Twelve Angry Men, the film's advance publicity note hints at a cover-up, saying: "We the people demand that the government revisit and initiates a thorough and independent investigation to the tragic events of 911."

Details of the film, which is to be directed by BJ Davis and written by Howard Cohen, are expected to be revealed at an American Film Market conference in Los Angeles next week, Deadline.com reported.

The production has been set up by Fleur de Lis Film Studios, which has also made the documentary A Noble Lie, about the Oklahoma City bombing, and Operation: Dark Heart, a feature based on an intelligence agent's memoirs.

Until now Hollywood has steered clear of claims that the Bush administration, or other elements in the government, may have been behind the 9/11 attacks, in which hijacked passenger planes crashed into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennslyvania. The fourth plane was apparently en route to the Capitol.

Oliver Stone, who has challenged official history in JFK and other films, steered clear of conspiracy theories in his 2006 film World Trade Center, which focused on the heroism of police and rescuers.

September Morn has assembled a cast linked to the so-called truther movement, which alleges official inconsistencies, complicity and cover-up.

Sheen, who starred in Apocalypse Now and television's The West Wing, has long questioned whether Islamist hijackers single-handedly brought down the Twin Towers, killing 2,605 people.

"I did not want to believe that my government could possibly be involved in such a thing, I could not live in a country that I thought could do that – that would be the ultimate betrayal," he told an interviewer in 2007.

Sheen grew suspicious after his son Charlie, also an actor, alerted him to apparent contradictions, such as how a structure known as "Building 7" fell.

He said: "However, there have been so many revelations that now I have my doubts, and chief among them is Building 7 – how did they rig that building so that it came down on the evening of the day?"

Asner, who has won seven Emmys, has several times urged a new investigation into 9/11. In 2010, he told an interviewer: "This country – which is the greatest, strongest country that ever existed in the world, in terms of power – supposedly had a defence that could not be penetrated all these years. But all of that was eradicated by 19 Saudi Arabians, supposedly. Some of whom didn't even know how to fly."

Harrelson, who starred recently in The Hunger Games, has also supported the self-styled 9/11 truth movement.

September Morn is also the name of a Neil Diamond album and a painting by the French artist Paul Émile Chabas which hangs in New York's Metropolitan Musuem of Art.

Edited by ChezGiven

One thing i find absurd is castigating someone as a 'conspiracy theorist' when the official explanation is of a conspiracy.

Also, and its not really related to anything being discussed, there are social psychologists who believe vast swathes of the world's population are suffering (or suffered) from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to witnessing 9/11.

Back to these nuclear powered subs.

It is said that nuclear power is just a glorified way of boiling water and if real, it would be correct because it just heats up, super hot we are told by miraculous fissioning.

Now I'm on the understanding that to make something work, like a steam engine for instance, you cannot make it work unless something is vented one way or the other.

We see how a steam train works by pumping the steam to drive pistons and is exhausted through the top as steam. I mean if it could condense the steam and recycle it back fully meaning no exhaust/outlet then you get no movement.

So in a nuclear powered sub, the so called nuclear fusion super heats the water up which is sent to another part that turns it into steam that drives the generator and propeller and the used steam somehow condenses super quick and is sent back round to be heated again with no supposed venting necessary, even for the condenser...hmmmm. I'm having real trouble getting to grips with this mind.

I'm still having trouble working out how they get spent fuel rods out of a sub to refuel without killing everyone in the vicinity of it, as we are told that spent fuel is highly toxic.

The concept sounds great to be honest, when you look at it on face value.

I mean, you fuel the sub, get the reaction going and off you go to sea where you can stay for 20 odd years without a refuel (as long as food supplies are dropped off to you) assuming you want to change crews at sea to keep it on going.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire. The history of this century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.

1998 - How to attack Iraq.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/AttackIraq-Nov16,98.pdf

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraq-092898.htm

I like this quote from here http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS for U.S. military forces:

• defend the American homeland;

• fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;

• perform the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment in

critical regions;

• transform U.S. forces to exploit the “revolution in military affairs;”

No idea exactly but really struggle to see how difficult it would be? Infra red camera / scope / whatever is simple enough. Scope with that distance is more than simple enough. Self tracking on a telescope stand is simple enough. Which bit do you think impossible? Plus to me it doesnt even look sideways, it looks like its viewed from a lower angle.

A lower angle? How low an angle?

To me , considering it;s supposed to be 24 miles up, it certainly looks like it's either took from some other fake helium balloon, maybe piloted by a brave camera man or it's just blatantly embarrassingly fake. I'll go with the latter.

To refuel a sub is a process that takes nearly 2 years. It's done by cutting a hole in the casing and pressure hull then taking the lid off the reactor. A bottom opening shielded container is bolted on top of it and a fuel module is raised into it. The container is then closed with spent fuel inside. Repeat until all fuel is removed.

The submarine fuel lasts so much longer as it has a high enrichment whereas civil reactor fuel has low enrichment.

Cutting a hole in the pressure hull?

Rikko, if you don't mind me asking...what is your expertise in this. What is it that you actual do with reactors?

One thing i find absurd is castigating someone as a 'conspiracy theorist' when the official explanation is of a conspiracy.

Also, and its not really related to anything being discussed, there are social psychologists who believe vast swathes of the world's population are suffering (or suffered) from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to witnessing 9/11.

How is the official explanation a conspiracy?

Back to these nuclear powered subs.

It is said that nuclear power is just a glorified way of boiling water and if real, it would be correct because it just heats up, super hot we are told by miraculous fissioning.

Now I'm on the understanding that to make something work, like a steam engine for instance, you cannot make it work unless something is vented one way or the other.

You would be correct if the year was 1750. In order to increase efficiency and power the steam that was vented is now recycled and has been done so since the 1830s. Google the Carnot cycle and Rankine cycle for more info on that.

We see how a steam train works by pumping the steam to drive pistons and is exhausted through the top as steam. I mean if it could condense the steam and recycle it back fully meaning no exhaust/outlet then you get no movement.

After the pressure is taken out of the steam by the turbines (or pistons if you prefer) it is sent to a condenser to be turned back to water. This hot water is then sent back to the steam generator to repeat the process. The energy released by the condensing the steam is your exhaust and is transferred to the sea or via cooling towers to the atmosphere.

So in a nuclear powered sub, the so called nuclear fusion super heats the water up which is sent to another part that turns it into steam that drives the generator and propeller and the used steam somehow condenses super quick and is sent back round to be heated again with no supposed venting necessary, even for the condenser...hmmmm. I'm having real trouble getting to grips with this mind.

I'm still having trouble working out how they get spent fuel rods out of a sub to refuel without killing everyone in the vicinity of it, as we are told that spent fuel is highly toxic.

That is why I get paid a fortune and drive a sports car and you get benefits and ride the bus.

Edit to fix formatting. Forgot the codes and am writing this on my phone.

Edited by rikko

Here's something to read. It might interest some people as to the mindset.

This is a copy and paste, so it's not my words.

What is the scarcest commodity on planet Earth right now? Oil? Gas? Clean water? Unpolluted air?

If you nodded “yes” to any of the above, you’re not even close. The scarcest commodity on this planet right now is the ability to think in a rational, critical, logical, and independent manner.

If you want to be among the world’s great mass of unthinkers whose ignorance and gullibility allows the incompetent, the unscrupulous, and the corrupt to run amok, then be sure to live by the following five tips!

1. Fail to verify information for yourself

Perhaps the most important characteristic of the Easily-Brainwashed Sucker is a blind reliance on second-hand information. This is information derived from external sources, such as newspapers, magazines, Internet sites, popular books, television, family members, neighbors, work mates, and so on.

You would think that, when contemplating information whose accuracy could have a profound impact on one’s continued well-being–for example, the decision to change one’s diet, take a prescription medicine, make a large financial commitment, or support a nation’s entry into war–one would make an exerted effort to verify the reliability of that information as best as possible.

Most people, however, put more effort into combing their hair than they do analyzing the validity of potentially life-altering information. It is nothing short of startling how many of us will make major life decisions based on information that is little more than hearsay.

Unwilling or unaware of how to check out the facts for ourselves, many of us assume that because: something is in print; reported in the media; widely believed by others, or; has been disseminated to us by some apparently respectable source, it must be true.

The situation is worsened when such folks are presented with a multitude of differing opinions or viewpoints. “There’s so much conflicting information out there,” they complain, “you don’t know who to believe”. Many folks simply bury any rising sense of confusion by going along with majority opinion or the opinion of whoever appears to be the most highly decorated or popular commentator. Others will simply believe the version of events that ‘seems’, ‘feels’ or ‘sounds’ right to them.

If someone says that studies have proven “beyond all doubt” that eating saturated fats is harmful, do you ask to see those studies before vowing to surgically trim all the fat from any piece of meat that ever passes your lips? Or do you simply believe them? When vegetarian activists claim that avoiding meat will make you live longer, do you ask whether any studies exist that actually show this to be true? Or do you believe their emotionally based anti-meat scare mongering and proceed to delete the most nutrient dense food ever known from your diet? When the leader of your country announces that he is about to support war on a country that is allegedly harboring weapons of mass destruction, but cannot provide anything that even remotely resembles evidence, do you smell a rat? Or do you join the frenzied masses and demand that we send our young men and women off to kill and be killed, to fight in a war that will inevitably result in the annihilation of thousands of innocent civilians?

There is a widespread phenomenon that I like to refer to as the “They Syndrome”. This is when people say things like “They say that low-carbohydrate diets are bad for you” or “They reckon ACME shares are a pretty good buy at the moment” or “They said in this morning’s paper that Osama Bin Laden is hiding in Outer Mongolia”.

Who the hell is “they”?

“They” is typically a vague and often completely unidentifiable and unverifiable source floating somewhere out “there”. For the Easily-Brainwashed Sucker, that’s as good a source as any!

2. Believe that because something is widely held as fact, it must be true

Humans typically find great solace in being part of the crowd. As Mark Twain once wrote, “We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.”

Being part of the crowd provides a sense of comfort and belonging. It can also have an incredibly powerful mind-dulling effect, one that is strongly antithetical to logical and independent thought. As anyone who has ever watched a mob riot or stock market panic can attest, even highly intelligent and respectable individuals quickly come unglued when caught up in the mass-hysteria of crowds. In chaotic events like these, being part of the crowd can rouse people into acting in the most irrational and self-destructive manner.

During less stormy times, being part of the crowd lulls people into believing that if everybody believes something, it must be true. After all, why would so many people believe something if it wasn’t? Never mind that, not too far back in history, the overwhelming majority of people believed that the world was flat; never mind that that the increasingly concentrated ownership of mass media outlets makes the spreading of misinformation easier than ever before.

Nope, never you mind these things at all; if you want to be an Easily-Brainwashed Sucker, you need to think like the rest of the crowd. In fact, if you’re a really good member of the flock, you’ll make a point of vigorously ridiculing those obnoxious black sheep who dare to speak their own minds–regardless of whether or not they may actually be speaking the truth!

Baaa!

Edit to fix formatting. Forgot the codes and am writing this on my phone.

Well done on your sports car.

Anyway. By your reckoning then, steam engines should not emit steam at all.

Also nuclear power stations should not need massive stacks to vent steam, which they clearly do. Why is this if it can all be condensed back as efficiently as supposedly a sub does?

Well done on your sports car.

Anyway. By your reckoning then, steam engines should not emit steam at all.

Also nuclear power stations should not need massive stacks to vent steam, which they clearly do. Why is this if it can all be condensed back as efficiently as supposedly a sub does?

Steam trains use a simpler less efficient open loop system so just dump the steam. It's one of the reasons they aren't used any more. Electrics and diesels are cheaper to build and run.

Power stations and subs used a closed loop system and hence are still being used. The towers are huge on power plants as air is a very poor heat transfer medium (1000x worse then water) and they produce a lot more power then a submarine core does. Although if you look at the current crop of uk nuclear power stations none have these cooling towers. They all use sea water.

If you want more read up on the rankine cycle.

Steam trains use a simpler less efficient open loop system so just dump the steam. It's one of the reasons they aren't used any more. Electrics and diesels are cheaper to build and run.

Power stations and subs used a closed loop system and hence are still being used. The towers are huge on power plants as air is a very poor heat transfer medium (1000x worse then water) and they produce a lot more power then a submarine core does. Although if you look at the current crop of uk nuclear power stations none have these cooling towers. They all use sea water.

If you want more read up on the rankine cycle.

It still has to be condensed right?

To condense it, I assume the submarine would have to continually allow sea water in for this process to happen right? And going by that, it would also have to be pumping the hot sea water out and so on and so on, correct?

All this can be done whilst keeping the original water sealed, sort of like a combi boiler radiator system in your house, under pressure constantly, unless there is a leak of course.

How is the official explanation a conspiracy?

20 Saudi Arabian conspired to blow up the World Trade centre. You might want to refer to the dictionary's definition of 'conspiracy' before asking questions like that.

Whats incredible is that during the run up to the attacks, this conspiracy to blow up the twin towers was kept secret and of all the people who must have known, no one let it known or blabbed their mouth about it. Amazing to think that such a massive attack could have been kept secret....

Rikko I don't know how you can keep this conspiracy going in the face of such intensive questioning.

I'm not claiming Rikko is part of any conspiracy. Rikko could be working on stuff that he fully believes is run by super hard metal pellets that somehow just glow like fuck when faced with each other.

What goes on inside those reactors is shrouded in secrecy, so Rikko and most others working in that industry could be easily fooled.

The operative word is COULD.

It still has to be condensed right?

To condense it, I assume the submarine would have to continually allow sea water in for this process to happen right? And going by that, it would also have to be pumping the hot sea water out and so on and so on, correct?

All this can be done whilst keeping the original water sealed, sort of like a combi boiler radiator system in your house, under pressure constantly, unless there is a leak of course.

Yes.