Red bull(shit) stratos record.

wolfy

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are one of the best at this. Hahahahaha, honest man, you are the tops. Do something with this one , I'm creased up here man.

You are one of the best at this. Hahahahaha, honest man, you are the tops. Do something with this one , I'm creased up here man.

Top picture.

I'm having a serious issue with the steam generator. It's basically got a heated pipe inside it and that's supposed to super heat the water into steam is it, Whilst also being continuously filled with condensed water. It seem a stupid way to heat water into steam don't you think?

It looks good, don't get me wrong.

I also still have the issue with the 2 pipes running hot out of the sub whilst taking in cold at depth.

Its how you can continuously make the steam. Otherwise it becomes a batch process which would be totally useless for making electricity or moving a submarine. If you can invent a better system you will make millions.

One pipe takes in old the other sends out the hot. Why have you got a problem with it? It is phenomanally simple.

Its how you can continuously make the steam. Otherwise it becomes a batch process which would be totally useless for making electricity or moving a submarine. If you can invent a better system you will make millions.

One pipe takes in old the other sends out the hot. Why have you got a problem with it? It is phenomanally simple.

Like I say, the concept of it looks good and makes sense to a point, except a water pipe running into another vessel that somehow super heats the water into steam.

It's like having the old cylinder tank at home and instead of heating the tank by the element inside it, you put a bent pipe inside it and pass hot water through that whilst constantly sending cooled water . It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by wolfy

Like I say, the concept of it looks good and makes sense to a point, except a water pipe running into another vessel that somehow super heats the water into steam.

It's like having the old cylinder tank at home and instead of heating the tank by the element inside it, you put a bent pipe inside it and pass hot water through that whilst constantly sending cooled water . It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Got your point now. Its done to prevent the turbine getting contaminated with radiation.

The primary coolant comes into contact with the fuel and passes through a very high neutron flux which makes it radioactive. Not massively so, but enough to make maintenance on the primary circuit a pain in the arse. By using a secondary coolant loop you stop the contamination.

On a coal or gas power plant the steam is generated directly. Some nuclear power stations do this too, they are known as boiler water reactors but you have problems in maintaining the turbines.

Also the water isnt cold. The stuff coming of a civil nuclear reactor is about 300 Celsius, and the stuff going back in is about 260 Celsius, it doesnt boil as its at a pressure of about 160 atmospheres.

The steam made in the steam generator will be somewhere between 140 and 200 celsius. Hence it boils easily.

Got your point now. Its done to prevent the turbine getting contaminated with radiation.

The primary coolant comes into contact with the fuel and passes through a very high neutron flux which makes it radioactive. Not massively so, but enough to make maintenance on the primary circuit a pain in the arse. By using a secondary coolant loop you stop the contamination.

On a coal or gas power plant the steam is generated directly. Some nuclear power stations do this too, they are known as boiler water reactors but you have problems in maintaining the turbines.

Aye,I understand what you are saying.

I understand that if I were to go along with this fissioning I can see how this system would have to operate , as like you say, there's no way any coolant could be allowed out externally.

Sometimes though, I often wonder about mans stupidity in inventing something like this to go inside a submarine as, like I said, If I was to believe this set up inside a sub and the problems it could create, for example, a simple burst pipe and the sub is in dire trouble, naturally assuming the toxicity of the water/steam.

Even though I can see how this system would have to be closed like this, I still cannot get my head round that heated pipe doing the work of heating water into a pressurised steam especially with condensed coolant running around it.

Ok you work on then, now looking at it from your point of view, does it not seem silly to have something operate like this?

I dont think it comes down to any of that and you're either making a point about US intelligence knowing about the risk of attack or you're not. The so what? is so they did know and they were aware so at the very least they were incompetent. Again, a serendipitous incompetence, every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Watch the video.

I dont believe in 'them' either but just because you cant imagine the networks of political and military lobbyists, think tanks, pentagon officials, intelligence officers, neo-conservatives that can form around foreign policy agendas, doesnt mean they dont exist. That doesnt mean a group like this planned anything, we know intelligence was aware of the activities of the saudis but they let them carry on, this later was blamed as a break down in communication between the CIA and the FBI. I have my doubts, too convenient.

I've watched both videos. The first doesn't support your theory. You can read what you like into the second one; typical Bush look to any off the cuff question he gets - he looks scoobied.

Aye,I understand what you are saying.

I understand that if I were to go along with this fissioning I can see how this system would have to operate , as like you say, there's no way any coolant could be allowed out externally.

Sometimes though, I often wonder about mans stupidity in inventing something like this to go inside a submarine as, like I said, If I was to believe this set up inside a sub and the problems it could create, for example, a simple burst pipe and the sub is in dire trouble, naturally assuming the toxicity of the water/steam.

Even though I can see how this system would have to be closed like this, I still cannot get my head round that heated pipe doing the work of heating water into a pressurised steam especially with condensed coolant running around it.

Ok you work on then, now looking at it from your point of view, does it not seem silly to have something operate like this?

It seems like a sensible solution to complex engineering problem to me. Its quite common in industry to use this type of system when you want to prevent hazardous materials escaping into the environment.

It seems like a sensible solution to complex engineering problem to me. Its quite common in industry to use this type of system when you want to prevent hazardous materials escaping into the environment.

Yes, on the face of it, pertaining to a nuclear power station on land, would seem very feasible to operate like that.

Let's put it this way. If fissioning really occurs like we are told (which I still have massive trouble with) then that set up on a nuclear sub, to me is like asking 180 people or whatever to go inside a tube of unbelievable potential death.

I mean, imagine going into battle and being hit by a torpedo or depth type charge or whatever, the least of your worries is damage to the subs structure.

I'm still not convinced of the set up of that but I will accept it for what it is.

The fissioning to actually get to this is the major magic trick for me anyway and I just honestly do not see how metal, supposedly mined as ' yellow cake' and turning into a gas then into a metal that is so dense yet armour piercingly strong, plus it can glow like a bastard when two pieces are held side by side and can do this for 6/10/20 years (depending on where its fissioned) and somehow it changes it's make up into other chemical elements including Plutonium which is another metal that looks like it's twin, yet this metal, with a supposed enrichment of the uranium can blow cities to kingdom come by just smashing them together.

The magic of it is genius and has captivated the world for long enough with the(in my honest opinion) LIE.

Similarly wolfy my industry use a "type" of system as this. New air cooled systems run a water pipe through your house at 60'C (colder if under floor heating). The water is heated using outside air, even when it's -10'C outside we can heat the water up without the use of an electrical element like on your home boiler. We use a fully sealed circuit of refrigerant that is heat up and cooled down. Heat removed to warm the water and absorbs heat from the air at -10 to warm it up again.

No steam either ;)

Submarines are death-traps with or without a reactor on board. As are power stations.

You're now saying that something is impossible because it requires a great degree of caution and care? That reeks of intellectual resentment.

Similarly wolfy my industry use a "type" of system as this. New air cooled systems run a water pipe through your house at 60'C (colder if under floor heating). The water is heated using outside air, even when it's -10'C outside we can heat the water up without the use of an electrical element like on your home boiler. We use a fully sealed circuit of refrigerant that is heat up and cooled down. Heat removed to warm the water and absorbs heat from the air at -10 to warm it up again.

No steam either ;)

Aye, I can see how that works, through a heat exchanger.

That would require a vacuum right?

Edited by wolfy

Submarines are death-traps with or without a reactor on board. As are power stations.

You're now saying that something is impossible because it requires a great degree of caution and care? That reeks of intellectual resentment.

Intellectual resentment? Give over man, I'm questioning something I believe is fabricated, not people's intelligence.

He doesn't believe in any of this because the most whacko forum on the planet told him. 'Open minded'. Unbelievably, he's not a wum. Sad.

Nobody told me anything,I've viewed many forums and mulled over many people's thoughts for and against. I didn't just decide nuclear power is fake or weapons, I'm questioning the possibility or even the probability they are fake.

To me , it leaves a lot of questions.

Yes, on the face of it, pertaining to a nuclear power station on land, would seem very feasible to operate like that.

Let's put it this way. If fissioning really occurs like we are told (which I still have massive trouble with) then that set up on a nuclear sub, to me is like asking 180 people or whatever to go inside a tube of unbelievable potential death.

I mean, imagine going into battle and being hit by a torpedo or depth type charge or whatever, the least of your worries is damage to the subs structure.

I'm still not convinced of the set up of that but I will accept it for what it is.

The fissioning to actually get to this is the major magic trick for me anyway and I just honestly do not see how metal, supposedly mined as ' yellow cake' and turning into a gas then into a metal that is so dense yet armour piercingly strong, plus it can glow like a bastard when two pieces are held side by side and can do this for 6/10/20 years (depending on where its fissioned) and somehow it changes it's make up into other chemical elements including Plutonium which is another metal that looks like it's twin, yet this metal, with a supposed enrichment of the uranium can blow cities to kingdom come by just smashing them together.

The magic of it is genius and has captivated the world for long enough with the(in my honest opinion) LIE.

Life on a submarine would be utter utter shit tbh. You live in a metal tube sharing your bed with 2 other blokes. There are 16 nuclear missiles on one side of you and a reactor on the other. You wont see sunlight or hear from friends or family for up to 3 months at a time. You could be fresh out of school with no real skills or qualifications and earning £30k/year doing it though so its not all bad. The biggest risk on a submarine is fire, thats what has caused the most deaths on subs since WW2.

When you think about most things its pretty far fetched. Like oil, dinosaurs and plants from millions of years ago decomposed underground and water and turned into oil. We then drill down and extract this oil from under the ocean floor and use it heat water to make electricity or to fuel a car that allows us to drive around. Its nuts really, doesn't mean its a big conspiracy theory though. Try explaining that to someone from 200 years ago. They'd think you were nuts, yet its all true.

Aye, I can see how that works, through a heat exchanger.

That would require a vacuum right?

Yep a heat exchanger and the vacuum is correct. At least a vacuum filled with refrigerant that is pumped at high pressure making it a liquid and then expanded making it a gas again and that's when it draws it's heat from the air.

Nobody told me anything,I've viewed many forums and mulled over many people's thoughts for and against. I didn't just decide nuclear power is fake or weapons, I'm questioning the possibility or even the probability they are fake.

Aye, it's just a coincidence they exactly represent your views, I know. :rolleyes:

Life on a submarine would be utter utter shit tbh. You live in a metal tube sharing your bed with 2 other blokes. There are 16 nuclear missiles on one side of you and a reactor on the other. You wont see sunlight or hear from friends or family for up to 3 months at a time. You could be fresh out of school with no real skills or qualifications and earning £30k/year doing it though so its not all bad. The biggest risk on a submarine is fire, thats what has caused the most deaths on subs since WW2.

When you think about most things its pretty far fetched. Like oil, dinosaurs and plants from millions of years ago decomposed underground and water and turned into oil. We then drill down and extract this oil from under the ocean floor and use it heat water to make electricity or to fuel a car that allows us to drive around. Its nuts really, doesn't mean its a big conspiracy theory though. Try explaining that to someone from 200 years ago. They'd think you were nuts, yet its all true.

Some of it maybe. The drilling for oil.

As for it being fossils I don't think that's quite true BUT I could be wrong. I think the Earth produces it's own oil but not from fossilised remains of plants and animals but that's another story.

And there is no free exchange of thoughts there either. If you don't accept EVERYTHING is a conspiracy you're banned.

Like 7/7 for instance. You got an opinion on that?