Roberts to boycott Kick It Out t-shirt at Anfield/Racism in football

Tooj

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferdinand enjoyed Cole being branded a choc-ice so was the non-wearing of a `lets kick out racism' a shout FOR racism.

no; give me until tuesday night / wednesday morning & i'll get back to you with an explanation

What would they be saying if a white player refused to wear the t-shirt.He could,of course,be making a stand with regards to anti-french chants or the like.

why not ask them?

send an email to info@kickitout.org

John Terry will be asked to wear an anti-racism armband if he captains Chelsea in their Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday.

Governing body Uefa said: "The captains will be asked to wear a 'Unite Against Racism' branded armband."

The move is part of a week of action by European anti-racism body Football Against Racism in Europe (Fare).

:lol:

Not that I could give a rat's arse what footballers say, but I suppose ferdinand wearing a t-shirt seems a bit ironic given his own use of racial slurs which seems to have swept under the carpet.

Better keep the drug cheat away from say no to drugs t-shirts as well given his track record of test evasion.

Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football seem to be taking alot of unnecessary flak and it should be the FA, UEFA and FIFA taking the brunt of it. UEFA waiting a month to give a verdict on the Serbian Racism is a pisstake. They're just waiting for it to all die down so there isnt as much uproar when they had out a £10 fine to them and give Danny Rose a 3 game ban.

Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football seem to be taking alot of unnecessary flak and it should be the FA, UEFA and FIFA taking the brunt of it. UEFA waiting a month to give a verdict on the Serbian Racism is a pisstake. They're just waiting for it to all die down so there isnt as much uproar when they had out a £10 fine to them and give Danny Rose a 3 game ban.

Seen a few people on here say this, where has it came from? It's standard procedure to wait that long.

Seen a few people on here say this, where has it came from? It's standard procedure to wait that long.

Is it? IMO they just trot out that line so when all the heat dies down they can trot out their piss poor punishments, when an incident like this should be dealt with straight away and a zero tolerance stand made against incidents like it.

"I've been called 'sunbed'. I've been called 'orange man' … and it's not as serious as what these guys are claiming because it's from their past and where I'm concerned it's a level of abuse at my skin colour. Now, I don't class that as an abuse, so I just get on with it" - confused former Hull City manager Phil Brown adds his two cents to the Kick It Out T-shirt debate, stopping just short of describing people with fake tans as a race.

They interviewed some bloke from the association of black lawyers on 5live earlier and he said discussions are underway about forming a union for black players only...he also said football is "institutionally racist"....looks like Rio is involved in the talks....is Ferdinand guilty of attacking a game that has been phenomenally good to/for him?