Football Manager 2013

Tooj

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seasony.png

Beat Man City at home to put us in pole position, Then had to beat QPR. After that, it was Stoke and obviously, every player couldn't give a shit so we drew 0-0.

That formation of Tooj's is cracking for the bigger teams, but when another side sets up to stifle you, I find it necessary to switch to a more attacking line-up.

Threw away the league title in my last season and finished second after a real dip in form in the last 8 games or so.

Had quite an overhaul of my squad this year though so have started the season out quite inconsistently. I will put up a review of my transfers etc at some point. Going for the Ferguson approach of rebuilding a team.

I've gone for a pretty big change to everything but the defence in transition this season, picked up a bunch of really good young players and blooding them to replace falcao and Llorente who're the wrong side of 30 and start using more width.

Oddly seems to have had the effect of really shoring up my defence, conceded 3 goals on 27 games so far. Playing 4321 asymmetric

Anybody else up for doing an NUFC challenge where you can't buy players? All you can do is play those that come through the youth ranks?

Yeah, I'd be keen.

I know Remi Streete and Estoban Lopez become decent, I'm sure you'd get 1 or two a season.

Started a game with watford :lol: what a tragic team £130k budget and hardly any first team players. Just loads of players on loan from Udinese because of the agreement between the clubs. Also the first 7 fixtures are all the top teams in the championship.

Still haven't given the toon a go yet from what you're all saying they sound canny.

Started with Gateshead who have a truckload of shite and no money. Finished 13th in the 1st season, let 3/4 of the squad go, replaced them with younger, more technical players, changed to a 541 and am now 13 matches unbeaten. And the fans were kicking off because I let Donaldson go. Thick, the lot of them

Started with Gateshead who have a truckload of shite and no money. Finished 13th in the 1st season, let 3/4 of the squad go, replaced them with younger, more technical players, changed to a 541 and am now 13 matches unbeaten. And the fans were kicking off because I let Donaldson go. Thick, the lot of them

I normally do a Gateshead challenge but haven't started as of yet.

I've got this going over on Newcastle-Online and seems to be getting a few people involved.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93297.0.html

They're very good one the game. That Aubameyang is mental, he scored nigh on 2 goals a game on my PSG save (at St Etienne) they were constantly the 2nd team in France on that save, Zouma has tonnes of potential in all. Could be a canny one.

My Watford save is going bad, did canny 1st year and brought in what I thought would be improvements but I just can't create many goal scoring chances.

Finally started playing 13... finished first season in 10th. Pretty disappointing. Large overhaul of my squad. Cisse was absolutely miserable last year (1 goal in like 27 apperances) so I decided to off-load him and Cabaye to rebuild the rest of my squad. I think Anita is ready to move into Cabaye's role and I only play with one striker- so Demba it is. Lots of changes.

The UI is so enjoyable in this one. Really enjoying playing it- feels like a lot of massive upgrades on even the simple stuff.

Finally started playing 13... finished first season in 10th. Pretty disappointing. Large overhaul of my squad. Cisse was absolutely miserable last year (1 goal in like 27 apperances) so I decided to off-load him and Cabaye to rebuild the rest of my squad. I think Anita is ready to move into Cabaye's role and I only play with one striker- so Demba it is. Lots of changes.

The UI is so enjoyable in this one. Really enjoying playing it- feels like a lot of massive upgrades on even the simple stuff.

You got rid of Cabaye?!

Cisse isn't scoring for me either, would accept offers if they came in, but I'm not going to sell him until Campbell is ready to take over.

You got rid of Cabaye?!

Cisse isn't scoring for me either, would accept offers if they came in, but I'm not going to sell him until Campbell is ready to take over.

30 million pound offer. Too good to refuse honestly. Allowed me to bring in 3 very promising players.

I play a 4-2-3-1 so I really only need three strikers for cover. I had the same tactics as Andrew for a bit, using them as inside forwards but Cisse never got it done. Ba did.

I'll get to play a bit more tonight/tomorrow. Hoping my strategy pays off :)

going to have a bash at the "you cant win anything with kids" challenge with NUFC I think.

anyone looking for something to do should join me, I'll post up the youngsters I am supplied with once its going

going to have a bash at the "you cant win anything with kids" challenge with NUFC I think.

anyone looking for something to do should join me, I'll post up the youngsters I am supplied with once its going

Haven't you seen Tooj's thread on Newcastle Online?