Football Manager 2013

Tooj

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my account is awaiting admin approval, til then I can't even see it

I think Cat is admin over there... she'll approve you, despite your face problems...

As mentioned a separate thread was decided to be best for this.

Newcastle United 'Youth Development Challenge'

Aim

To see how far you can get with Newcastle United without buying or loaning any players and only using those either already in the current setup or any regens that come through your youth academy.

Rules

No loans or transfers in are allowed but you can sell and loan players out.

If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again.

Must use the uploaded database (link provided below)

Signing backroom staff is allowed.signing players on trial or signing grey players isnt allowed.

I want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep me updated, even if you are doing really badly.

Updates should be seasonal at the very least and should include following screenshots (transfer screen to ensure people are following the rules), although feel free to post as many during the season as you like.

You can have a Head of Youth Development just make sure that they are not bringing in young players for you.

No free transfers allowed.

You can only have the English and Scottish leagues as playable.

Database To Be Used

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paphjlk0l0xmcng/Database%20Merge.dbc

Lastly let the games begin!

Bane Let the games begin

• 2 weeks later...

Have no real idea of what this is or what it involves, however given my keen football brain, this seems the next logical step.

Have found somewhere where I can download a demo. Will this give a taste of what its about?

(Can I just manage Newcastle and can I play Shane every game?) Had to ask.

I tried the handheld but could not get into it. There is or was a cheat to sell your players for millions!

Anyways I love the classic version on this. I don't have enough time to play the full version as I just sit there scouting everyone and taking forever to get through a season. But this classic mode is like the old cm 01/02 versions.

Currently just got rangers promoted back to the spl and look to be able to get top half at least. Fun trying to build a team but I walked the 1st/2nd and third divisions lost twice in three seasons. Did struggle in the cups but got a few wins over Celtic.

First save was Newcastle and struggled to get 4 once and then top then 7th and 8th. Found it hard to get quality for a decent price.

I fucking knew I would be good at this. :lol:

First game away to Juventus. 3-0 at half time with a Ba hat trick and two assists from Ferguson. Went a bit pear shape after that as Cabaye and Ferguson both picked up injuries and Id forgotten to bring substitutes.

Anyway, hung on for a 3-2 victory and I must say the link up play between Marveaux, Ferguson and Cabaye was brilliant. Couldnt pick HBA or Cisse as both were injured.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Obertan Marveaux Ferguson

Ba

The handheld version isn't really as complex as having an assistant etc & it can be a little easy/predictable.

i.e in a space of two games beat Man City away comfortably & then lose to QPR at home.

Currently second in the league with the normal team + a new centre half.