Football Manager 2013

Tooj

I'm playing the classic mode as i find i never use half the options giving to me in the full game.

First season i finished 4 no thanks to Cissé not being able to hit a barn door. I was pretty much rubbish all season until i got knocked out of the europ league at the start of the year and put together a run of 10 games unbeaten and managed to keep the same players each game. Ba is knocking them in though.

And of course Manchester United finished 5th but beat Barcelona to win the champions league and qualify at my expense. :angry2:

Second season I’m 4 games in with 3 draws and a win.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game of the new season.

newcastlevsunderlandsta.png

Got hammered 3-0 away to Marseille in my Champions League qualifier. They turned up to SJP and we managed to pull off this result.

newcastlevmarseillestat.png

Now I have Juventus and Real Madrid in my group ffs. :lol:

In my third season and things are looking up and the team seem to now finally be playing to their full potential with my formation. This is how the league table stands in January so far.

barclayspremierleagueovd.png

Cisse's now away for the ACON, which is normally a tough time but Campbell bagged a hat-trick in the first game since Cisse's absence away at Aston Villa.

One thing that's made a big difference as well is that Cisse is now frequently scoring too, and I haven't changed his role in the team either so I'm not sure what it is but he's been on fire this season compared with his previous two.

papisscissoverviewattri.png

I got knocked out of the League Cup at first attempt away at Southampton and I've managed to quality from a difficult Champions League group including Real Madrid, Juventus and Olympiakos. Although in the second round I'm playing Barcelona so I'm expecting to get a mauling over the two legs.

Next match up is the Mackems away...

Ended up having a cracking January despite my fears and even won Manager of the Month!

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

Beat Villa in the next game then got beat 1-0 away at Chelsea.

Campbell has been on fire too scoring 8 in 6 games, so Cisse now might not get back in the team!

I've also broke our transfer record to sign this young Turkish winger with 5* potential. Sold Zaha to part finance the deal too.

kenankayaoverviewprofil.png

Just had a cracking result/performance against Man Utd at home to put me three points ahead of them at the top of the table.

newcastlevmanutdstatsma.png

Man Utd away in the FA Cup and then Barcelona up next. :(

Ah fuck off man, Cisse has just tore his hamstring in the ACON and Campbell is out for two weeks. :lol:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

newcastlevbarcelonastat.png

This was without Campbell or Cisse too.

That's a hell of a fucking result, congrats. It's weird I had a similar thing when I faced Ajax in FM12, a few key players missing and I won comfortably.

Ended up having a cracking January despite my fears and even won Manager of the Month!

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

Beat Villa in the next game then got beat 1-0 away at Chelsea.

Campbell has been on fire too scoring 8 in 6 games, so Cisse now might not get back in the team!

Excellent defensive record that, Who're you playing in Defence and do you squeeze available players into particular roles? (BPD & CD) or do you cater each defensive duty to the player starting?

I've also broke our transfer record to sign this young Turkish winger with 5* potential. Sold Zaha to part finance the deal too.

kenankayaoverviewprofil.png

Canny, how's he played so far?

Great game, was playing Tooj's tactics initially (they've been providing excellent defensive results in the league) ans given I needed at least a point I figured a strong defense would be wise.

Bayern22

Dominated everything going in at half time, apart from the scoreline. They'd had maybe 2 chances all half and put one of them away. Ba, & Cisse both had gilt edged chances and spurned each of them.

Started the 2nd half and had equalised within 10 minutes or so, then they go ahead again and I immediately switched back to my own formation because I know it produces goals, took off Tiote (On a yellow and "looking furious") and brought on the European goal machine; Obertan . Sure enough I start battering them. Ben Arfa and Obertan are flying past the full backs, 90o turn and then being selfish as fuck and having a shot instead of laying it off to one of the 3-4 players lurking within the box. Again Cisse and Ba are getting 1-on-1s with Neuer who's playing out of his skin, and failing to score. Deep into Fergie time( and I'm already convincing myself that to miss out on the next stage isn't so bad given how little I've spent and how tough my group0 was etc.etc.) Obertan break down the left once more, skins his defender once more, but this time he pulls it back, it bounces off a defender into Ba's path, Neuer already having committed is helpless as Ba taps in the loose ball.

Honestly, what a game. Immediately afterwards I was thinking of the Feyenoord match! :lol:

One thing I've been doing as well Fish if I want to protect a lead is moving the wing-backs back into a full-back position and changing their mentality to defensive and stopping them making forward runs. Usually sees the game out for me.

Crazy how a formation that looks so attacking is also produce some quality defensive results for me too. That's where I get the most satisfaction from the game too. As it's easy to create a formation where you score loads but also leak quite a few goals. These days I gain more satisfaction from keeping a clean sheet but playing possession football.

Got beat 3-1 away at the Bernabeu in the first leg of the Champions League quarter final. The team managed to pull off a fantastic result and performance to setup a semi-final match against my title rivals Man City.

newcastlevrmadridstatsm.png

That certainly softens the blow of losing in the FA Cup semi-final to Chelsea in between the tie.

Mega. Adam Campbell tears a hamstring, Dembele breaks a collarbone and Cisse is still out injured too. Looks like it's Sammy Ameobi up front to carry the burden of my Champions League and Premier League aspirations.

Managed to beat Man City 4-2 on aggregate in the Champions League semi-final to set up the final against Porto.

This is the league table with two games to go.

barclayspremierleagueovh.png

Next opponent - Man City away.

Managed to beat Man City away 4-2 in that league match by playing my 4-6-0 and with Ben Arfa being the focal point of the attack he managed to score twice and assist one too. So now I just need a point against Spurs at home to secure the league title.

Knockout stages of the Champions league and I'm up against the indomitable PSG, I figure I'm not going to keep them out, not with the defenders I've got. So I go back to the formation that had me scoring buckets and this is what greets me at half time.

Best Half time ever

I tell the lads they're playing well and to keep going but PSG get it back to 5-4 and I take off Cisse for his standing ovation and to switch to Tooj's formation, to shore things up.

Nervy

:sweat:

Edited by The Fish