Things that make you feel old

Brock Manson

This morning I found my old Offspring hoodie I used to wear when I was 13/14 or so. Since Friday is dress down day at the orifice, I'm sporting it at the moment.

One of the guys in the office has just commented: 'You like wearing retro things, don't you?'

I've realised Offspring's Americana has been one of my favourite albums since I was 9. I feel so old. :lol:

How about everyone else? When do comments/seeing artists you used to like still going etc make you feel like life has been ticking away?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back at your old school photo's and realising just what a stupid looking hair cut you had, plus shit clothes.

yes and yes :lol:

I blame my Dad for that like. I had this BIG hair thing going on and just the shittest clothes. aaah the 70s man :lol:

yes and yes :lol:

I blame my Dad for that like. I had this BIG hair thing going on and just the shittest clothes. aaah the 70s man :lol:

I had a basin cut and wore a jumper with little cars on. The jumper was a rusty brown and I also wore plastic fucking sandals, plus the shame of wearing elasticated trousers of some description.

I'd like to boast that they were tracky bottoms but I think they were crimpolene or something. :icon_lol:

You also know you are getting older when you believe you could do the things you did as a teen, like having a game of twister or something and realising that your hip or knee joint is about to pop out.

Someone recently pointed out ot me that next year will be the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park. Couldn't wrap my head around that at first and in a childish state of denial even googled it to check - I can remember going to see that at the cinema as if it were yesterday :(

Dress down day FFS. Where I used to work we had them, load of bollocks, makes you feel like your 10 and going into school on the final day without uniform on. I was going to meetings on Fridays so much I gave up in the end.

Things that make me feel old. Seeing the grads in here that were born in the 90s :(

Dress down day FFS. Where I used to work we had them, load of bollocks, makes you feel like your 10 and going into school on the final day without uniform on. I was going to meetings on Fridays so much I gave up in the end.

Things that make me feel old. Seeing the grads in here that were born in the 90s :(

realising the 90s were more than ten years ago is one that gets me a lot

Someone recently pointed out ot me that next year will be the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park. Couldn't wrap my head around that at first and in a childish state of denial even googled it to check - I can remember going to see that at the cinema as if it were yesterday :(

I can remember going to see Back To The Future like it was yesterday man :(

Speaking of the Back to the Future films, specifically the second one, it's only going to be another 2 or 3 years until the actual year that Marty travelled into the future. THAT makes me feel old.

Still hoping for a hoverboard by the way.

Jaysus!

Where are the hover cars man!

The first time I really felt like I was getting old was when I realised kids born in the 90s (mainly friends' younger siblings) were old enough to drink and go clubbing legally. And I wasn't even that old then!

These days it's daft things like when I find myself contemplating what jacket to wear to town for a night out. :blush: Someone mentioned Jurassic Park, that's another one that blows my mind as it was my favourite film for years and I was obsessed with it. Same with Sister Act, which I watched the other week and couldn't believe how old it was (still class though).