Official Newcastle United Vs Mansfield thread

Jimbo

Well, just got back, appauling.  For the first 10mins we looked as we should gave, barely giving them a sniff.  All down hill from there.  No movement at all, we were static.  We needed to create space and the mastermind souness, to tackle this does what?  Pull Nobby in from the wing, the left wing where he shouldnt have been anyway.  Injuries are no excuse for that when playing Mansfield.  Fair play to them, they will think they deserved a draw, they wont be far wrong.

Souness, escaped again and stays another day.  Premiership we're having a laugh?  Shite and we know we are?  So they sang, how right they were...

75960[/snapback]

Will it be enough to get him the sack though ?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just got back, appauling.  For the first 10mins we looked as we should gave, barely giving them a sniff.  All down hill from there.  No movement at all, we were static.  We needed to create space and the mastermind souness, to tackle this does what?  Pull Nobby in from the wing, the left wing where he shouldnt have been anyway.  Injuries are no excuse for that when playing Mansfield.  Fair play to them, they will think they deserved a draw, they wont be far wrong.

Souness, escaped again and stays another day.  Premiership we're having a laugh?  Shite and we know we are?  So they sang, how right they were...

75960[/snapback]

anyone calling for Souness's head?

Just read this on yahoo:

Mansfield boss Peter Shirtliff could be without four key players for his side's FA Cup clash at Newcastle.

Midfielder Jonathan D'Laryea has been refused permission to play by full-time employers Manchester City and Callum Lloyd is a major doubt after twisting his ankle in training.

Striker Chris Beardsley remains sidelined with a broken leg and Simon Brown could miss out following the recurrence of a hamstring injury

:lol:

Boo'd at half time and muted applause at full time. So no, GS wont get sacked over this. Like I say, lives on another day. Its only a matter of time, of that Im convinced. Lucky escapes is what GS will live on over the coming weeks. Though the defeats we will suffer at the hands of uninspiring teams I reckon will mount the pressure of Shepherd.

Just home from this debacle myself. Absolutely fucking appauling. Pleased for Shearer equalling the record but there were no other positives. Never have I been so bastard freezing and wanted to leave a match early in my life.

Absolutely cracking set of Mansfield fans like. Fair play to them and their team.

We were fucking crap today like, but I'm glad I was there to see Shearer equal the record. Even though it's gonna take a week to thaw out. :lol:

EDIT!

Oh and I'm pleased we're in the draw for the next round. Anyone else? :lol:

Edited by Gemmill

I'm pleased that we won, and that we're through to the next round although it scares the shit out of me after seeing the totally incompetent way that we dealt with a team who are only 4 places from the bottom of the entire football league in this country. I still can't bring myself to actually want to lose a game despite knowing that it'll probably bring Souness ever closer to his demise.

The atmosphere from our fans was pretty weird today. There was a lot of unrest and nervousness and some booing at half time, but there were very few 'Souness Out-ers' from what I could hear. A couple of our fans did join in with the Mansfield fans "Taxi for Souness" like, but it certainly didn't feel like it was the general consensus which I found a bit odd.

Nice of Graeme to show his face today...

"They are a potential banana skin," said the Magpies chief. "It is lose, lose, lose if you are a big club playing a small team.

"We have won by the odd goal today, Chelsea have done the same, some other clubs have a job to do.

"We are just delighted we are not a shock, given the injuries we have and the side we have out. It was a close fought encounter. There was not a great deal in the game and they were a credit. I thought they played well at times.

"I think they did well, but we deserved to win the game. The longer it went on, we were pinning them back and felt it was only a matter of time before we scored."

Yeah, we're pretty similar to Chelsea having won by just the one goal :lol: And the longer the game went on, the more the fans were thinking "Shouldn't we actually have scored by now? We're playing fucking MANSFIELD TOWN for fuck's sake!" :lol:

Nice of Graeme to show his face today...

"They are a potential banana skin," said the Magpies chief. "It is lose, lose, lose if you are a big club playing a small team.

"We have won by the odd goal today, Chelsea have done the same, some other clubs have a job to do.

"We are just delighted we are not a shock, given the injuries we have and the side we have out. It was a close fought encounter. There was not a great deal in the game and they were a credit. I thought they played well at times.

"I think they did well, but we deserved to win the game. The longer it went on, we were pinning them back and felt it was only a matter of time before we scored."

Yeah, we're pretty similar to Chelsea having won by just the one goal :lol: And the longer the game went on, the more the fans were thinking "Shouldn't we actually have scored by now? We're playing fucking MANSFIELD TOWN for fuck's sake!" :lol:

76000[/snapback]

Yep, the beeb match reports also suggest that Chelsea were as struggling as Newcastle...

[...]

But for large periods Town were unable to cope with the pace of the game and Chelsea's movement.

[...]

Damien Duff, Joe Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips were at times on another planet, easing past opponents at will and slicing open the Town defence with their pace and trickery.

[...]

Chelsea then found their range and created several openings before their 12th-minute opener.

[...]

Chelsea might have added to their lead before the break but Wright-Phillips twice shot wide from 18 yards, Carlton Cole was denied by a superb finger-tip save from Senior and a Huth header rebounded off the crossbar.

While taking from Newcastle's match report...

Mansfield created the best chances of the match, with Allan Russell and Adam Rundle forcing saves from Shay Given.

Yep, the beeb match reports also suggest that Chelsea were as struggling as Newcastle...

[...]

But for large periods Town were unable to cope with the pace of the game and Chelsea's movement.

[...]

Damien Duff, Joe Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips were at times on another planet, easing past opponents at will and slicing open the Town defence with their pace and trickery.

[...]

Chelsea then found their range and created several openings before their 12th-minute opener.

[...]

Chelsea might have added to their lead before the break but Wright-Phillips twice shot wide from 18 yards, Carlton Cole was denied by a superb finger-tip save from Senior and a Huth header rebounded off the crossbar.

76004[/snapback]

What it doesn't say in Graeme's little post-match analysis up there was that the Sky blokey said something along the lines of "To the neutral football fan, it could be suggested that you were outplayed for large parts of the game today" To which Graeme replies "No, I don't think so" Funny - I could have sworn I saw him at the game today and it was blatantly ferking obvious that we WERE outplayed.

Edited by catmag

We were fucking crap today like, but I'm glad I was there to see Shearer equal the record.  Even though it's gonna take a week to thaw out. :lol:

EDIT!

Oh and I'm pleased we're in the draw for the next round.  Anyone else?

75974[/snapback]

How about every Newcastle supporter?

BTW Good that you had your head out of Souness's arse long enough to realise we were crap today.

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

76004[/snapback]

What it doesn't say in Graeme's little post-match analysis up there was that the Sky blokey said something along the lines of "To the neutral football fan, it could be suggested that you were outplayed for large parts of the game today" To which Graeme replies "No, I don't think so" Funny - I could have sworn I saw him at the game today and it was blatantly ferking obvious that we WERE outplayed.

76006[/snapback]

Graeme Courtney was the match summariser for Talksport (didn't he used to work for the club? :lol:). He summed it up as follows:

Newcastle were outplayed and outclassed by Mansfield and the men in black and white shirts simply didn't look interested...

How many times is this twat going to have his bacon saved? :lol:

Anything less than a demolition of Mansfield today was to be seen as a total disaster. Souness seems to think that all we wanted was a result when what we actually wanted was a performance to show that we warrant our status 77 places above this, frankly shite, outfit...

God only knows the outcome if we get a League One club in the next round.....unless Souness is dispensed of.

We were fucking crap today like, but I'm glad I was there to see Shearer equal the record.  Even though it's gonna take a week to thaw out. :lol:

EDIT!

75974[/snapback]

BTW Good that you had your head out of Souness's arse long enough to realise we were crap today.

76009[/snapback]

Posted at 9:25pm. Classic HTL drunken posting. I reckon if I'd been here at the time I could have got you to offer me out by PM. :lol:

I don't agree with that. Just doesn't happen in football anymore.

76137[/snapback]

Souness is itching to prove you wrong, I fear.

I've got to admit, even after Shearer's goal I thought a draw might be the best result. Hopefully Souness get's the boot, and the new manager has something to play for. As it is we are doomed to defeat in the next round with this idiot in charge.

On a seperate note, did anyone read Souness's comments in the program? What a complete prick that man is, he really is a prize tosser.

I'm pleased I was sitting in the Gallowgate rather than my usual seat for that.. had a perfect view of Shearer's 200th. :lol:

Match was fucking shite like, and as usual I had an irritating bastard sat behind me AND a little kid in front of me who kept putting his head back and hitting my knees. :lol:

EDIT!

75974[/snapback]

76009[/snapback]

:lol: EXACTLY!

Gem, what a twattish thing to say LOL! :lol:

Edited by Southern Mag

EDIT!

75974[/snapback]

76009[/snapback]

Posted at 9:25pm. Classic HTL drunken posting. I reckon if I'd been here at the time I could have got you to offer me out by PM. :lol:

76077[/snapback]

Still, you looked like a prick though! :lol:

Whey that was awful, we didnt deserve to win. I started in the NE corner with the BBTN lads, but sadly it didnt live up to expectations, so me and another couple of lads went up to level 7 where it was much better atmosphere wise. Fuckin xbox's in the family enclosure and little kids playing on their new psp's instead of watching the match, is this what the next generation of football supporters are going to be like?

We were fucking crap today like, but I'm glad I was there to see Shearer equal the record.  Even though it's gonna take a week to thaw out. :gay:

EDIT!

75974[/snapback]

76009[/snapback]

:lol: EXACTLY!

Gem, what a twattish thing to say LOL! :lol:

76176[/snapback]

LOL indeed. Who are you and have the fans wanting us to lose the last few games completely escaped your notice? Because they were the ones that I had in mind when I made that "twattish" comment, twatboy. :lol:

Whats the general feeling up the ground on matchdays of Souness's reign?. Do the majority want him out or is it half and half?

76174[/snapback]

See my post near the top of the page.