Newcastle v Club Brugge

Gene_Clark

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiote needs to play, perhaps with Anita and Bigi in a lookalikey midfield!

Cisse, Shola and Sammy up front. Perch and Tav at full back and Willo and STaylor at CB

Give me few people who run out and more than enough quality there to win the game

Ganna be near freezing as the weather changes from Wednesday so could be less than 30k. On the basis that Bordeaux did these 4-0, I think anything other than a win is a failure.

I think the side might be something like this.

...................................Harper.....................................

Simpson...........Taylor.............Willo...............Anita

Obertan............Tiote.............Perch/Bigirimana.............Ferguson

......................Cisse...................Shola

I had a read of their forums, their defence is all over the place at the moment, they're suffering a chronic defensive injury crisis. They lost 4-1 to a team which would get relegated from the Championship at the weekend, and looking at their squad they don't really have anyone of Premiership quality.

That said for them coming to a big club they may raise their game, but I think another 3-0 or perhaps 4-0 is on the cards, irrespective of the strength of the side we put out. Wonder if Pards rewards Disco with a place on the bench.

There's 3250 Bruges fans apparently, and according to me mates uncle who's a steward they're in Level 7. I'm not gan like, weather patterns coming in from Siberia, fuck that [/parttimer]

Looks like we're definetly championship level when it comes to an audience to sell tv advertising to....

Nah. I remember in 2007 we got preference over Tottenham every single round, some of their games weren't even shown.

Nah. I remember in 2007 we got preference over Tottenham every single round, some of their games weren't even shown.

I know what you mean,but does seem to have changed though....Spurs have been in Europe every season since then, we haven't. Do they go on that when these things are decided?...Is it because itv4 is free to air, so theyre going to have more viewers for their games, so the companies will spend more money on the games being televised on that channel, which makes the tv company want the clubs with the highest potential viewers?.....

I know what you mean,but does seem to have changed though....Spurs have been in Europe every season since then, we haven't. Do they go on that when these things are decided?...Is it because itv4 is free to air, so theyre going to have more viewers for their games, so the companies will spend more money on the games being televised on that channel, which makes the tv company want the clubs with the highest potential viewers?.....

I've got absolutely NO DOUBT, we get bigger viewing figures than Tottenham. People see us as interesting, your floating voter, plus we have a larger fanbase than them. In 2008/2009 the most watched game on Sky (other than Man Utd games) was Sunderland v Newcastle.

Edited by McFaul

I've got absolutely NO DOUBT, we get bigger viewing figures than Tottenham. People see us as interesting, your floating voter, plus we have a larger fanbase than them. In 2008/2009 the most watched game on Sky (other than Man Utd games) was Sunderland v Newcastle.

I doubt it. TV companies aren't stupid, they'll be keeping a close eye on viewing figures and decided to show Spurs' league games live on 23 occasions last season compared to our 18. Liverpool have a bigger fanbase and therefore more viewers while Spurs are simply a better team who were being spoken of as contenders for the league at a time and are more attractive to the neutral.

I doubt it. TV companies aren't stupid, they'll be keeping a close eye on viewing figures and decided to show Spurs' league games live on 23 occasions last season compared to our 18. Liverpool have a bigger fanbase and therefore more viewers while Spurs are simply a better team who were being spoken of as contenders for the league at a time and are more attractive to the neutral.

In our relegation season we were on live TV more than Chelsea who won the league. I think it was 21 to 20. Tottenham being in the top three for the whole season may have influenced the above. Five years ago it wouldn't have been an argument. As for the TWD stat, the figures were released by BARB, we had 2.1m watching that game, Liverpool Everton had 1.3m both on Sky. I think living somewhere like Belfast will distort peoples perceptions of fanbases without a doubt.

In our relegation season we were on live TV more than Chelsea who won the league. I think it was 21 to 20. Tottenham being in the top three for the whole season may have influenced the above. Five years ago it wouldn't have been an argument. As for the TWD stat, the figures were released by BARB, we had 2.1m watching that game, Liverpool Everton had 1.3m both on Sky. I think living somewhere like Belfast will distort peoples perceptions of fanbases without a doubt.

In our relegation season ourselves and Chelsea were both on 20 times.

The Liverpool derby is widely regarded as being a shite derby though, personally I've zero interest in it. I'd imagine that the main TV draws as far as derbies go are ourselves/Sunderland, the N. London derby and Manchester derby.

And as for living in Northern Ireland, I've spent most of my working life in various towns and cities throughout England and the main talking point of the people I work with is normally football so I've got a reasonable grasp on how Newcastle are perceived outside of the North East.

Edited by ewerk

In our relegation season ourselves and Chelsea were both on 20 times.

The Liverpool derby is widely regarded as being a shite derby though, personally I've zero interest in it. I'd imagine that the main TV draws as far as derbies go are ourselves/Sunderland, the N. London derby and Manchester derby.

And as for living in Northern Ireland, I've spent most of my working life in various towns and cities throughout England and the main talking point of the people I work with is normally football so I've got a reasonable grasp on how Newcastle are perceived outside of the North East.

Well since we came up in 93 we were perceived as far more important than Tottenham till recent years. I thought it was 21 v 20. 20 v 20 sums it up though a relegated side and the league champions.

Edited by McFaul