View from the Opposition - WBA fan

LiamBaggies

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely correct, will always be number one in my eyes, and in most decent toon fans' eyes. Has anyone done an IP check on Wolfy? Is it North of the Tyne the address?

Do you want my phone number as well.

My IP address hahahaha.

He was never, ever going to get 20miilion out of the club and I said so at the time. Both his lawyers and Keegan knew this and were basically trying it on.

This is the bit of the Keegan case I have a HUGE problem with.

In my opinion, he wasn't trying it on, he REALLY wanted the £20 Mill. No way do lawyers "try it on" if you are making frivolous claims in front of the beak, he'll chuck you out. If they didn't think there was a chance he could win it, they'd never have gone forward with it, seriously.

That opinion is based upon the fact that I have been through litigation, as a plaintiff/claimant, and every penny of my claim (6 figures) had to be absolutely rationaly justified and backed up, some amounts which to anyone else would appear totally justifiable were stripped out as "in the eyes of the law" my lawyer reckoned it could muddy the waters.

The law doesn't do "trying it on". Shit! I had to stump up for a QC to represent me, why? because my lawyer said the other side were putting a QC up and whilst he (my lawyer) was eminently qualified to present my case (which was cast iron in his opinion) the Judge could very well say "well a lawyers telling me this, but a QC is telling me the other" and in that situation the Judge would go with the QC and I shouldn't take the risk (for the sake of something like £900 an hour as I recall!!!). I was outraged (and still am) seeing I was brassic at the time.

If a lawyer/QC goes before a Judge and makes non-serious claims or tries it on, the Judge will remember, no Lawyer/QC will put themselves in that position, they have to have reasonable grounds for anything they put forward. The law is an ass and it has a whole set of rules all for itself, it's a members club and you don't mess on with those higher up in the club than you and you don't waste a Judge's time.

P.S. I won btw, recovered fuck all in the end though, but at least I won and learned an awfull lot about the law (none of it good) in the process.

In my opinion, he wasn't trying it on, he REALLY wanted the £20 Mill. No way do lawyers "try it on" if you are making frivolous claims in front of the beak, he'll chuck you out. If they didn't think there was a chance he could win it, they'd never have gone forward with it, seriously.

That opinion is based upon the fact that I have been through litigation, as a plaintiff/claimant, and every penny of my claim (6 figures) had to be absolutely rationaly justified and backed up, some amounts which to anyone else would appear totally justifiable were stripped out as "in the eyes of the law" my lawyer reckoned it could muddy the waters.

The law doesn't do "trying it on". Shit! I had to stump up for a QC to represent me, why? because my lawyer said the other side were putting a QC up and whilst he (my lawyer) was eminently qualified to present my case (which was cast iron in his opinion) the Judge could very well say "well a lawyers telling me this, but a QC is telling me the other" and in that situation the Judge would go with the QC and I shouldn't take the risk (for the sake of something like £900 an hour as I recall!!!). I was outraged (and still am) seeing I was brassic at the time.

If a lawyer/QC goes before a Judge and makes non-serious claims or tries it on, the Judge will remember, no Lawyer/QC will put themselves in that position, they have to have reasonable grounds for anything they put forward. The law is an ass and it has a whole set of rules all for itself, it's a members club and you don't mess on with those higher up in the club than you and you don't waste a Judge's time.

P.S. I won btw, recovered fuck all in the end though, but at least I won and learned an awfull lot about the law (none of it good) in the process.

So did Miss Dominatrix-Whiplash get to keep the £900 then, even though you'd won? :unsure2:

So did Miss Dominatrix-Whiplash get to keep the £900 then, even though you'd won? :unsure2:

The legal costs get settled first out of any recovery, aye they were fine, about £30K's worth of fine :angry2:

I got as far as taking legal advice after I left one employer about a decade ago...there were a few things, but the main one was the withdrawl of the company vehicle that I had been issued with the day I started. They wanted to use it on another contract, or so they said, and seeing as the job was as a mobile electrical service engineer, it was pretty much essential to the job. I was told to use my own transport so I jacked. The lawyer said I pretty much had a cast iron case for constructive dismissal, but I would only be entitled to lost monies for the period I was out of work, and as I had a job lined up when I walked it was pointless going through with it. Thats what made me think KK's lawyers were at it, in his case it was slightly different because of the fixed term nature of contracts in football the the principle remains, you dont get oodles of extra cash in constructive dismissal cases, you get what you're due if the case is proven in your favour.

Regardless of how they calculated the 20mill, KK's lawyers knew they wouldnt get it. It was frivilous to try to claim that. Your legal history is interesting, but even I could have told them they wouldnt get it and all the scaremongering about "ruining the club financially" if he'd have been awarded the full sum was frankly fuckin poppycock, it was just media scaremongering on the back of extreme optimism from lawyers who it would appear should have known better.

Physic cunt.

2. What are your opinions our our start to the season so far?

Seems like Steve Clarke has taken to management well, (his last management toe dipper was a 6-0 defeat as manager of NUFC) early days though, you have some half decent players, if Lukaku was more prolific you could even be higher.

:closedeyes:

if your striker scored more you'd be higher up

stunning insight ;)

No but you wouldn't just say that though. I said it cos he misses loads of sitters, he's only 19 though he's got good movement, I think truthfully we should put a sly bid in, I was quite impressed. Andy Cole used to miss loads of sitters, but he got loads of chances because of his movement.

Was Clarke's only game in charge not a 5-1 loss at Old Trafford? I thought Nigel Pearson was in charge for the 6-0 after Allardyce was bulleted....

Aye it was the 5-1 my mistake.