Ceefax

Brock Manson

Ceefax is no more.

Seems a shame but then again I honestly haven't used it since the internet became so accessible.

Still, remember often cycling through reams of text as a kid just to see the Newcastle results and transfer gossip. :D Also used to play the games on the kids' section as a nipper!

We never liked listening to us play away on the radio (I blame you Charles Harrison) so instead we would always check Ceefax. Heart stopping moments if you went back to check it and it had changed from 3 to 4 pages, meaning a goal/sending off/missed penalty somewhere had occurred and you were shitting it in case it went against us. Have to say, I still like pressing re red button and going to latest scores on the interactive rather than waiting around for Soccer Saturday to update..

We never liked listening to us play away on the radio (I blame you Charles Harrison) so instead we would always check Ceefax. Heart stopping moments if you went back to check it and it had changed from 3 to 4 pages, meaning a goal/sending off/missed penalty somewhere had occurred and you were shitting it in case it went against us. Have to say, I still like pressing re red button and going to latest scores on the interactive rather than waiting around for Soccer Saturday to update..

I remember following games in this exact way! Inevitably you'd be on page 1 and have to wait painstakingly for it to get round to the most recent update. :lol: