Newcastle Utd vs West Brom

Aeris

We have a Dutch international midfielder on the bench, the bloke we bought to replace Tiote. Tiote gets banned for 3 games and we play perch. I dont get it?

Even at RB he looks twice the player there than Wilson.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a Dutch international midfielder on the bench, the bloke we bought to replace Tiote. Tiote gets banned for 3 games and we play perch. I dont get it?

I think Anita was always seen as more than that to be fair. Perch has far more experience and I think Anita is yet to really get to grips with the Englsh game. Will in time though, hardly played and is only 23.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I think Anita was always seen as more than that to be fair. Perch has far more experience and I think Anita is yet to really get to grips with the Englsh game. Will in time though, hardly played and is only 23.

Yep.

Because each time he has played in midfield he has looked lost. Probably going to take him a good while to settle by the looks of it. ( which is a shame given that we supposedly do do much background etc before buying).

I think he will too. Although it's probably been an even bigger culture shock for him leaving the Ajax footballing education to the way our side plays at the moment.

Pardew got manager of the year last year didn't he?

Why do fans think they know better than the manager, especially one that's done an excellent job with the team, plus buys.

Pardew sees these players in training and along with the coaches, he oversees the tactics employed in training and also who is capable of filling positions.

He's done a fantastic job with Perch and has brought on many players that many fans deemed below average.

9 games into a season with a massive head start in the Europa and it's time to question his tactics ?

It's all well and good people being unhappy about displays but looking at the bigger picture should be the focus and not why Pardew does what he does, because he obviously plays the team he believes will suit the game at hand, plus resting players that he believes will benefit.

West Brom are a really good team and are not a team that we believe we have a right to beat, so going gung ho against them can sometimes bite you on the arse .

We've got one of the best managers than we have had in a long time...a manager with no big time4 Charlie reputation, who goes about his business bringing players up to scratch and we are seeing it with a good few of them, regardless of performances not being up to some fans standard.

We aren't entitled to anything, the team have to work their bollocks off to be entitled to any spoils of any match and sometimes getting up to speed can go both ways..... you either start off like a train or you get it right as the season goes on and we haven;t quite got into gear fully but we will, I'm sure of that.

W.B.A have started the season like a train and could have carried it on against us but for some good fortune on our part, yet it happens and can kick start a season for us whilst also having an adverse affect on W.B.A.

Because each time he has played in midfield he has looked lost. Probably going to take him a good while to settle by the looks of it. ( which is a shame given that we supposedly do do much background etc before buying).

I doubt it's an exact science and iirc a lot of the background check sort of stuff is about personality etc.. and you can't see we don't have a good squad with the right attitudes.

Jonas Olsson is a COMPLETE bellend, that said I think I would really like him in our team :blush2: getting on a bit for us though.

He probably gets torn apart every week, just seems to be a complete pain in the arse when I do see him play and I like that sort of approach from a centre back.

Look at Marveaux. He's nowhere to be seen at the moment. Even some of the greatest players in the Premier League can take time to adapt, at Arsenal Bergkamp, Henry and Pires spring straight to my mind.

I doubt it's an exact science and iirc a lot of the background check sort of stuff is about personality etc.. and you can't see we don't have a good squad with the right attitudes.

I agree they seem a nice bunch etc etc but would this team have dragged us back from 4-0 down against Arsenal?

I think we are missing a Shearer / Roy Keane even sort of personality who is all about winning and can convey that to team mates and manager both on and off the pitch.

err...what about the rest of what I said?...does none of that come into it and you just feel the players "really need to sort themselves out" ?......best to judge the season as a whole and not just on a bad trot of games. We've not performed to the standards we set last spring, thats for sure. Did we play better or worse today than we did when Brighton put us out of the cup last season?...fuckin Brighton man! Today wasnt great but this season still holds a lot of promise, theres no need for kneejerking iyam. West Brom are decent, but they couldnt finish us off despite us being shite.

Well I wasnt really judging 'the season'. Yes, like I said, Im not calling for anyone head or anything. But if you asked me about today's performance that really is one of the worst I've seen, just my opinion. Doesn't mean I think we should get on the team's back or anything of the sort. We will have our moments and these players are good enough to for us to have another decent season. That doesnt change today's performance though.

I agree they seem a nice bunch etc etc but would this team have dragged us back from 4-0 down against Arsenal?

I think we are missing a Shearer / Roy Keane even sort of personality who is all about winning and can convey that to team mates and manager both on and off the pitch.

Steven Taylor's good at shaking his fist and shouting 'c'mon guys!'

Alan Smith was too. :good:

Agree with CT in that overall the balance of our team has been horrible in many matches this season. The frequent changes of formation can't be helping things with player moved all about. Yesterday I'm not entirely sure why, but Cabaye again was largely anonymous. Perch was pushing too far forward and not providing the cover for our defense - cover that was required as most of our players were pushing too far up the pitch leaveing space behind for West Brom to expose on the counter (this seems to be a recurring theme for us when we play them).

Ba is execllent through the middle in both finishing and hold up play - but do we really have the type of team that should lump it forwards to him or Shola at every opportunity? I'd like to think not (even though we scored from doing just that). Seems to me that we're missing some patience and control in our build up play - patience afforded by having Tiote making smart percentage passes something he hasn't done effectively this season.

Congratulations on your victory - Can't believe I'm saying it though.

I thought we were by the far the better team and it's a mystery how we haven't got something from the game. I've never left a ground so gutted at conceding a late goal. I thought last week was bad against Man City but the manner of todays goal and how the game had panned out makes this even harder to bare. Couldn't fault any of our boys, they were very good, got amongst your lads and were very good in possession. Shame Lukaku fluffed our best chances.

Thought you lot looked incredibly poor, however.

Edited by LiamBaggies

Jonas Olsson is a COMPLETE bellend, that said I think I would really like him in our team :blush2: getting on a bit for us though.

He probably gets torn apart every week, just seems to be a complete pain in the arse when I do see him play and I like that sort of approach from a centre back.

He is an absolute rock in our side and every week he is consistently good.

I don't see why you think he's a bell end. Is that because he wins his aerial dules and does his job successfully? At the end of the day, he isn't going to let forwards mug him about. He's a centre half and I hope he continues to ruffle more feathers.

I thought we were by the far the better team and it's a mystery how we haven't got something from the side. I've never left a ground so gutted at conceding a late goal. I thought last week was bad against Man City but the manner of todays goal and how the game had panned out makes this even harder to bare. Couldn't fault any of our boys, they were very good, got amongst your lads and were very good in possession. Shame Lukaku fluffed our best chances.

Can't disagree with that for the most part. Would be a horrible way to lose a game. Second half your side dominated. The first I though we were technically the better side but West Brom did manage to create two clearcut chances.

I thought we were by the far the better team and it's a mystery how we haven't got something from the side. I've never left a ground so gutted at conceding a late goal. I thought last week was bad against Man City but the manner of todays goal and how the game had panned out makes this even harder to bare. Couldn't fault any of our boys, they were very good, got amongst your lads and were very good in possession. Shame Lukaku fluffed our best chances.

Without doubt you were the better side and on a better day you could have won the game easily. Yet as you know. COULD and SHOULD don;t always get you what you deserve and all teams suffer this, except maybe Man Utd haha.

Your team looks very good and Steve Clarke has got you playing good football.

We couldn't quite get to grips with your teams desire to not let ours have any time on the ball.

I don't see why you think he's a bell end. Is that because he wins his aerial dules and does his job successfully? At the end of the day, he isn't going to let forwards mug him about. He's a centre half and I hope he continues to ruffle more feathers.

He was a filthy bastard when we played yous in the Championship when Di Matteo was manager.

He is constantly pushing players and getting digs in, more than usual for a centre back in my opinion. As I said, I would love it if he was our player but he is on of those opposition players I bet most hate because of it.

not interested in your opinion; your fans wear stonewashed Wranglers form the catalogue.

I really don't think they were the better side either, at least not by any great margin, both teams created more chances they could have scored (see that Sunderland, creating chances, who would have imagined!?).

Just thankful we have one of the best keepers in the league, that isn't luck, just the way it is.

Edited by Gejon