Moussa Sissoko

henda11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Toulouse. Apparently among the best box to box midfielders in the French League and has been chased by the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool in the last 2-3 years. Tottenham were put off by the 15 million price tag a few years ago. He is also a French international player.

Not seen much of him to be honest, but reports say he's a lot like Diaby. Good defensively, strong in the tackle, likes making forward marauding runs, has a good pass on him.

Can't see it as much of a risk since it is going to be cheap but I do hope this isn't going to eat into the funds saved for a defender and possibly a good wide player.

Toulouse.

And the Daily Mail are reporting it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2224649/Moussa-Sissoko-agrees-join-Newcastle.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Fits the bill....young, French and according to his Wiki can play about 12 posistions on the pitch..

navigation, search

Moussa Sissoko 210px-Moussa_Sissoko_2008-10-04.jpg Personal information Full name Moussa Sissoko Date of birth (1989-08-16) 16 August 1989 (age 23) Place of birth Le Blanc-Mesnil, France Height 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in) Playing position Midfielder Club information Current club Toulouse Number 22 Youth career 1995–1999 Espérance Aulnay 1999–2001 Red Star FC 2001–2003 Espérance Aulnay 2003–2007 Toulouse Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls) 2007– Toulouse 168 (19) National team 2005 France U16 2 (0) 2005–2006 France U17 9 (2) 2006–2007 France U18 8 (0) 2007–2008 France U19 7 (0) 2008–2011 France U21 20 (1) 2009– France 5 (0) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 April 2012.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 October 2012

Moussa Sissoko (born 16 August 1989) is a French football player who plays for French club Toulouse in Ligue 1. He plays as a box-to-box midfielder capable of playing in either the holding role or as an attacker.

Someones leaving Ant. Fuck knows if a defender is coming in but theres got to be a midfielder leaving.

I'm not quite sure about that. We currently have only 2 proven central midfielders in Cabaye & Tiote, and if we are indeed going to be playing a 4-3-3, we will need some more quality in the position given that we are also in Europe.

Anita so far hasn't been very impressive and Pards has even placed more faith in Bigi & Perch than Anita off late. Bigi is one for the future, Perch is back up at best, Vuckic is out for the season and Anita still has to prove himself.

Getting this lad is all very well as long as it isn't at the expense of getting in much needed defensive cover. I'd like to think he was an addition to the squad too, and not a replacement for a first team player.

I don't agree that it means someone is definitely leaving. Smacks of the logic behind the Gosling signing to me. A player rated by the club is available on the cheap/knock-down/free.

Cabaye Tiote Sissoko

Anita Bigi Abeid

But I won't believe it til I see a gurning oik yelling his name to David Craig outside St James'

Again this reeks of ah well there's a player who we can get for cheap instead of going out and spending money on the positions that we actually need to. That seems to be our transfer strategy, let's see if we can get a bargain and try and shoe horn them in.

Again this reeks of ah well there's a player who we can get for cheap instead of going out and spending money on the positions that we actually need to. That seems to be our transfer strategy, let's see if we can get a bargain and try and shoe horn them in.

Trouble is, every man and their dog knows where we're weak and so will demand more for players who operate in that area. We won't find a cheap centre half that's better than Taylor imo. Not because there aren't any out there, just that we'll stick to a budget that's not sufficient to get one... if that makes sense?

Reports claiming that he has agreed in principle to sign a contract in January when he is allowed to sign a pre contract since his runs out at the end of the season.

Reading the report it is very strongly worded. Saying we HAVE won the race to sign him.

Sissoko is an excellent player and very highly rated in France - would be a great signing for any club outside the Top 3 IMO

I agree with that entirely. Would be a fantastic addition, although he wont be coming to warm the bench so I can see Tiote leaving.