Moussa Sissoko

henda11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been sent off twice in 3 years.

He's conceded 11 fouls all season.

He's got 2 yellow cards...half as many as Perch or Guttierez. He's played half as many games, but I think the knee jerk to this one especially annoying lapse is way overboard.

Selling him would make us a worse team/squad.

Premier league fouls per game....

1 Marouane Fellaini 3.4

2 Esteban Granero 2.7

3 Claudio Yacob 2.5

4 Grant Holt 2.4

5 Michu 2.4

6 Morgan Schneiderlin 2.4

7 John Obi Mikel 2.3

8 Charlie Adam 2.3

9 Bradley Johnson 2.2

10 Karim El Ahmadi 2.2

11 Mikel Arteta 2.2

12 Cheik Tioté 2.2

He's been sent off twice in 3 years.

He's conceded 11 fouls all season.

He's got 2 yellow cards...half as many as Perch or Guttierez. He's played half as many games, but I think the knee jerk to this one especially annoying lapse is way overboard.

Selling him would make us a worse team/squad.

He has collected more yellow cards than any other player in the league in each of the last two seasons.

Edited by ewerk

Doesn't really bother me...a couple of suspensions per season from that.

Joey Barton got 2 red cards in one season last year. As far as I'm concerned Tiote is a massive improvement on his level of liability. He was always much more inclined towards total stupidity wheras Tiote is about winning the ball and dominating the midfield...occasionally too enthusiastically.

He has collected more yellow cards than any other player in the league in each of the last two seasons.

and how many times did they lead to sendings off?

He gets the occasional rush of blood but I reckon most of his are for persistent fouling which is the job he does for the team in breaking up play in midfield

he's a class player. the fact that he picks up a lot of bookings is because he plays on the edge. but that's what allows him to boss midfields and give us a platform to play. he dominates midfield in a a way out other players can't.

we would be MUCH weaker without him. i can't remember a better holding midfielder for us in my lifetime. anyone else want to a better player in his positiion that we've had before they start saying we should let him go because he gets a lot of yellow cards?

• 2 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261075/Sunderland-close-Moussa-Sissoko-Newcastle-target-Jores-Okore.html

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is close to signing French star Moussa Sissoko, 23, in a £3.5million deal.

The midfielder is being made available by his club Toulouse as his contract is up in the summer and they don't want to miss out on a fee.

O'Neill, who is still keen on Swansea striker Danny Graham, will make an offer next week.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have added Manchester United target Jores Okore, 20, to their list of potential signings.

The Danish international defender is available for around £5m and impressed for Nordsjaelland in the Champions League this season.

NIce to see we're still adding names to a list while other clubs are getting on and signing players. Fuck me.

That article is the same as a few we have had claiming players were close to signing tbh.

They have signed 1? player?

NIce to see we're still adding names to a list while other clubs are getting on and signing players. Fuck me.

Most of the clubs in this league have only signed one player and several have signed none. Plus we managed to get our first in early doors. Plus most deals always take place towards the end of the window. Plus 99% of these names on lists are just media speculation. Plus...

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Most of the clubs in this league have only signed one player and several have signed none. Plus we managed to get our first in early doors. Plus most deals always take place towards the end of the window. Plus 99% of these names on lists are just media speculation. Plus...

Aye, but how many have sold (arguably) their most important player.

Edit: And about to lose their second (arguably) most important player.

Edited by ewerk

Time is of the essence. Plus we're in a crisis and the club needs lifting. Plus Debuchy isn't an early signing, he's a late signing from the summer. Plus they've had long enough to work on their fucking lists. PLus I couldn't give a shit what others clubs are doing...plus ;)