Disney buys Lucasfilms(/Star Wars)

ADP

Why not release a few more Star Wars films? The demand is there so they should go for it. They're never going to replicate the feel of the original trilogy but that's not to say they can't do a good job with another set.

They've done ok with the Marvel stuff, they might get Star Wars back on track.

They've done that by allowing marvel studios to control the films though, letting Lucas do that with Star Wars is a recipe for three more awful films.

There's a bloke just been on BBC News from jedinews.co.uk. Can that be his job do you think? If so it's both impressive (that he's monetised his nerdy hobby) and pathetic (that a site like that can generate enough income to sustain a living for someone).

I kind of hope it is his job.

They've done that by allowing marvel studios to control the films though, letting Lucas do that with Star Wars is a recipe for three more awful films.

Valid point, I suppose I'm just being hopeful.

I'd love to see a Star Wars that has the original films' humour without becoming a self-parodying p.o.s.

Apparently the next SW wont be written or directed by Lucas, he'll be a "creative consultant" only

things are looking up!

Have they got Lucas Arts as part of this deal too?

Even the first three were blighted in the end by the fucking ewoks - as well as the happy ending.

Them all dying would have been too much but no major characters apart from Vader?

nothing to do with star wars? Just the explaination of where the empire came from, what happened to the jedi, how luke and leia ended up where they were. I agree that they were shittier than the originals but they did well in explaining the sequence of events that led to the originals. I think GL got sidetracked by trying to make the movies have more .....i'm at a loss to explain it, he fucked em up for sure.

personally i will go and see all of them, i was 6 when the orginal came out and it made me into a life-long fan, you kidding me flying cars and light sabers!

Edited by tooner

Like the originals but I've only seen The Phantom Menace of the new ones. I didn't hate it, I just thought it was a bit 'meh' really and it felt like a kid's film, as opposed to the other ones which are the sort of thing I could enjoy as a bairn but also my Dad liked at the time (and I still like as I've grown up). The whole Star Wars nerdy subculture isn't really my bag like.