Disney buys Lucasfilms(/Star Wars)

ADP

"We have hope...Rebellions are built on hope! " Delivered with the gravitas of an Oxo commercial. :lol:

I love the cheesy cum face they all make when she says that :lol:

To be fair, only the exceptional skills of Alec Guinness meant that even worse lines were gotten away with in the original 

Edited by ChezGiven

• 11 months later...

New trailer out. I'm hoping against hope here that what the end of the trailer implies is actually the route they go down, because it would resurrect the whole thing for me. They won't though, they're not dark enough for that shit.

The film director has cautioned against watching this trailer because of spoilers, so watch at your own risk:

Trailer looks good but the film will be shit. They are getting rid of the Jedi to be replaced by a multicultural/gay/LGBT choir that will sing their way into the hearts of the dark side. Fuck Disney.

Edited by Park Life

@Rayvin

empire was canny dark and force awakens was pretty much an exact rerun of a new hope, so they could well retread old ground again with the last jedi. 

the overall narrative arc in this trilogy though, i suspect, is about ben solo's redemption, and return to the light side, in much the same way it was with annakin skywaler in the original trilogy. 

i think it looks mint, but i'm a massive fan boy, the john williams score alone is enough to give me boner.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Park Life said:

Trailer looks good but the film will be shit. They are getting rid of the Jedi to be replaced by a multicultural/gay/LGBT choir that will sing their way into the hearts of the dark side. Fuck Disney.

:lol: i blame the MSM or the SJWs. 

9 minutes ago, Park Life said:

You need a safe space? Might I suggest Wookie Hole?

3 minutes ago, Park Life said:

:lol:

I think they can improve themselves from TFA here, but they can't just play it safe.

If they make Rey fall, as the video seems to imply, that's way more significant than Ben being redeemed. To have set her up as this perfect heroine in the last one and to see her cave in to the dark side would be superb. They could, at that point, do away with the Jedi altogether in my book. They could justify it by saying no one should have this power, blah blah, but the fact that they actually went there and did it would be enough. Would be a compelling story. If they just switched Ben and Rey, it would still be pretty great. As it is, they'll inevitably just give her a small temptation which she'll briefly think about before turning around and deciding that she wants to be a good guy after all. Sadly.

Just now, Ant said:

right nerds, is Snoke darth vader or what's the craic? 

Your impatience is deep rooted, huh?

Can't you just wait to find out?

Just now, Ant said:

right nerds, is Snoke darth vader or what's the craic? 

There's some really good theories on this:

Most significant one seems to be he's from the Old Republic story arcs. One of the sith lords (Malgus, maybe) who has been entombed for some considerable period of time in a force prison. He's now free but needs to absorb Jedi life force in order to sustain himself.

Unconfirmed, naturally.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

Just now, Ant said:

not invested enough to care about spoilers etc, i'm not a massive fan 

okie dokie no  idea who he is

Not just this though, you were googling for Game of Thrones spoilers in the first few seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: and the problem with strong female lead characters is...?

We have covered this in extensive detail earlier in the thread :D Not sure it needs to be unpicked.

What I will say is that the strong female lead in Rogue One was far better done than Rey. Which is one of the reasons I took great joy in finding that I really liked Rogue One.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

yeah, was going too slow and all the talk about the fat writer not finishing books etc, wanted to know if the dragon crew actually ever got over to fight them before i bothered watching it.

again if i missed an episode or like now where everyone wants the next season asap, i'm not fussed.

I'll avoid spoilers for certain things. sci-fi type stuff generally not though (i'm not the typical nerd when it comes to it at all)

I mean, it was fairly obvious that she would, at some point, point them Dragon Tits westward, right?

I don't get googling for what's going to happen in a thing I'm watching. The writer intends for me not to know yet, and if I've committed to the show I must have faith in the story they're trying to tell. If, like you, I wasn't bothered about the show really, I'd definitely not be invested enough to actively find out what's going to happen.

If you're reading a book, and it's kind of got your attention, but it's not a page turner, don't you just stick with it? Either that or just put it down? would you skip forward a couple of chapters? Or flick to the end of the book to discover the butler did it?

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

We have covered this in extensive detail earlier in the thread :D Not sure it needs to be unpicked.

What I will say is that the strong female lead in Rogue One was far better done than Rey. Which is one of the reasons I took great joy in finding that I really liked Rogue One.

Yep, Parky is a cuck.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Rayvin

what was it again? i can't remember, perhaps you can upsum succinctly, but i'm sensing a sargon of his mother's basement misogyny vibe 

Parky has the view that Disney are pandering and while I'm not sure he has an issue with Rey as a character, I think he takes issue with why she was chosen and what it was supposed to say. That said, he can speak for himself.

My issue is that they made her ridiculously powerful to the point where she faced off with her main enemy in the first installment of a trilogy, and won. Thus, what possible threat is there for the remaining two installments? We already know everything that will happen with this film. Where I blur with Parky on this issue is that it's clear that this was chosen as a result of the need to pander, and therefore that's an unfortunate development for the story. Thus, the thing I want to happen in the next two films is for Rey to turn to the dark side, because it would at least give the story some structure and depth that it currently woefully lacks. She can be all powerful or whatever then, fine, no problem, but at least it makes it fucking interesting. At least she has character flaws.

As it stands she has basically no personality and is just all powerful. Like Thor. Unlike whatshername in Rogue One.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Parky has the view that Disney are pandering and while I'm not sure he has an issue with Rey as a character, I think he takes issue with why she was chosen and what it was supposed to say. That said, he can speak for himself.

My issue is that they made her ridiculously powerful to the point where she faced off with her main enemy in the first installment of a trilogy, and won. Thus, what possible threat is there for the remaining two installments? We already know everything that will happen with this film. Where I blur with Parky on this issue is that it's clear that this was chosen as a result of the need to pander, and therefore that's an unfortunate development for the story. Thus, the thing I want to happen in the next two films is for Rey to turn to the dark side, because it would at least give the story some structure and depth that it currently woefully lacks. She can be all powerful or whatever then, fine, no problem, but at least it makes it fucking interesting. At least she has character flaws.

As it stands she has basically no personality and is just all powerful. Like Thor. Unlike whatshername in Rogue One.

Hey, You shut your whore mouth! Thor has personality and isn't all powerful at all!

"No personality and all powerful".... I oughta carve a lengthy rebuttal with a spoon into your fucking chest.

i think we're going to find out why she's so powerful in the next movie. i'm guessing her parents who dumped her on jakku have something to do with it, whoever they end up being. 

why not choose a woman is probably the more pertinent question. i sense a lot of anger in him. anger leads to hate etc

@Rayvindidn't parky hate her out of rogue one for being a lass as well? 

at least he's consistent. jsust reading his comments slating it before seeing it a few pages back. like you, i thought it was mint as well

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i think we're going to find out why she's so powerful in the next movie. i'm guessing her parents who dumped her on jakku have something to do with it, whoever they end up being. 

why not choose a woman is probably the more pertinent question. i sense a lot of anger in him. anger leads to hate etc

I don't particularly want them to justify why she's all powerful. I know why Thor is all powerful. That doesn't make his narrative a compelling one. Both he and Rey have done nothing to earn their power, and as such, are not interesting.

If the choice was between an all powerful man and an all powerful woman, then I agree. Choose the woman. It serves a political purpose and advances things that some people care about deeply. However, I have no interest in that choice. My concern is that they've chosen between a well written and flawed male character with a good character arc, and an all powerful woman because it successfully panders to the pious and righteous. I would have happily accepted a flawed female character in the same position. Hence, this could all be recovered for me, if she's being set up for a horrifying collapse into the seduction of the dark side :D

Just now, Rayvin said:

I don't particularly want them to justify why she's all powerful. I know why Thor is all powerful. That doesn't make his narrative a compelling one. Both he and Rey have done nothing to earn their power, and as such, are not interesting.

If the choice was between an all powerful man and an all powerful woman, then I agree. Choose the woman. It serves a political purpose and advances things that some people care about deeply. However, I have no interest in that choice. My concern is that they've chosen between a well written and flawed male character with a good character arc, and an all powerful woman because it successfully panders to the pious and righteous. I would have happily accepted a flawed female character in the same position. Hence, this could all be recovered for me, if she's being set up for a horrifying collapse into the seduction of the dark side :D

Right, that's it. 

You n me pal, knife fight. Wherever, whenever. I will stripe you up.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Rayvindidn't parky hate her out of rogue one for being a lass as well? 

at least he's consistent. jsust reading his comments slating it before seeing it a few pages back. like you, i thought it was mint as well

Possibly, but that would be consistent with my characterisation of him too. He's interested in the political aspect of this. I'm conflicted on that front - I feel like if films like this could exist, with strong female characters and well written roles, without the insane fanfare, virtue signalling and triumphalism, I would be able to enjoy them far more. Now, I have to be mindful of the fact that whenever I see stuff like this, I'm being shown something making a clear political statement that is, in my opinion alone, used in order to pander to idiots to take their focus off more important issues and to sow division.

Rogue One, thank fuck, did not meet with the same fanfare - probably because the Twitterati didn't entirely like to see a female character who was strong, but who had very real flaws, like a real fucking person - thus making her relateable. Who knows though.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Right, that's it. 

You n me pal, knife fight. Wherever, whenever. I will stripe you up.

:D I'm sorry, it's just that I can't recall ever worrying about what might happen to Thor in the same way that I might in films about other superheroes.