Newcastle v West Ham

topcat

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham are shite away from home. But they have two players who will fancy their game today. I see Nolan as the bigger threat, mark him out of the game and win 2-0.

The best way to play West Ham, regardless of the old guard coming back in Nolan and Carroll, is to let them worry about us, without specifically going out of our way to close those two players out of the game.

Granted Nolan is a poacher and Carroll has obvious aerial ability as well as a threat on the deck as well, yet if we can keep West Ham on the back foot, then Carroll's game will become frustrating.

If we turn up and play how we know we can, I think this game is a walk in the park....If we come out half cocked, then we will have problems.

I'll stick my neck out and go for a 4-1 win for us.

I think we all agree we'll win this if we 'turn up' but some of these sunday home games we've looked very average and lethargic, plus the atmosphere seems to have been flat as a fart hence the little worries.

Wonder what the reception will be like for Nolan and Carroll...

Probably the usually good natured applause followed by a boo as soon as they get a touch. The usual pantomime stuff.

Can't think anyone would hold any bad feeling towards Nolan. Really helped drag us back from the brink IMO and the chicken dance will live on in folklore.