Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Newcastle United

StevenLFC

Hi guys, I am a writer at www.Redandwhitekop.com, an independent LFC website, we run a feature before each game called the Spyin' Kop (I've noticed you guys do something similar here). If possible could you answer these questions in as much detail as possible? Thanks in advance.

Both our clubs have had problems with owners in recent times, and I know Mike Ashley was a hugely unpopular figure not so long ago? Has the recent success of your side since promotion meant that the ill feeling towards him has somewhat diminished?

St James Park? Sports Direct Arena, Wonga etc? What's going on with the name of such an iconic football stadium and how concerning has that whole issue been to fans? Do you care what the stadium is called or do you look more towards the finances that naming rights brings?

Alan Pardew, he was brought in to replace the popular Chris Hughton and like Mike Ashley, he seemed to be unpopular. From the outside looking in, he seems to have done well. What are your opinions of him now, and how would you describe your style of play?

Let's talk transfers. After a few years of your club having a bit of a nightmare when it came to transfers, you seemed to have done really well in recent years by acquiring very good players for seemingly small fees. Who takes the credit for this and are you worried that some of your players may leave if some Champions League clubs come knocking?

How would you describe your season so far? Has it met expectations?

Speaking of expectations, what where yours for this season? Did your success last year possibly make expectations a bit too high amongst the Geordie faithful?

I'd like to ask you some questions about Liverpool if I may. What are your thoughts on our new manager Brendan Rodgers, the style of play he is trying to implement at Anfield and how Liverpool have started this season?

Andy Carroll, you sold him when he was riding the crest of a wave. After a poor start at Anfield, he seemed to finish last season strongly, and he played well for England in the summer. How do you feel Liverpool handled the situation with Andy, and what were your thoughts in the summer when he was linked with a return to Newcastle?

Seeing as you got the better end of the Carroll transfer, how about repaying the favour? Fancy buying Joe Cole? In fact, can I pay you guys to take him off our hands?

Let's concentrate on the game itself now. Are there any of our players that worry you ahead of Sunday's game?

How do you see the game panning out?

What side would you expect Alan Pardew to pick for the game?

Finally, fancy making a prediction?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had someone from RAWK do this last season and it didn't go so well...

... or rather it didn't go down so well. A few people criticised Dalglish and some of your lot over there got very upset, scarely believing these were the words of 'friendly' Newcastle fans.

I'd like to think that it'd go down well, we've been criticised a lot this season and so far we've not had too many bad reactions! Am I barking up the wrong tree on this forum? Most other times I've done this with other fans it's gone down well.

I'd like to think that it'd go down well, we've been criticised a lot this season and so far we've not had too many bad reactions! Am I barking up the wrong tree on this forum? Most other times I've done this with other fans it's gone down well.

Not at all mate, some of your lot were just a bit over-sensitive and started going on about a lack of respect whilst calling us every offensive term under the sun.

Here's the related RAWK thread - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284643

Not at all mate, some of your lot were just a bit over-sensitive and started going on about a lack of respect whilst calling us every offensive term under the sun.

Here's the related RAWK thread - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284643

To be fair, some of the answers given where a bit crap, but I understand why you'd take offence to some of the replies, some where harsh. Never mind, looks like I'll need to try another forum.

Yeah i remember you doing this last year, which is normally fine, you asked us about Dalglish and your forum were a bit precious when you got the expected response.

I particularly remember the admin/moderator saying something along the lines "i'm tempted to remove this for being so disrespectful" :lol:

Honestly, you were hardly going to get glowing praise for him from us.

other fans/forums get responses alright when they did the same (as we also do ourselves when we send TheFish).

I didn't write the one last year!

you/your forum, was aimed more at the precious "they don't like kenny" bit!

i'll answer the questions in the morning anyway, no doubt you'll get responses alright so wouldn't worry about it just yet, all the other threads did like i said.

I'd appreciate that pal.

Both our clubs have had problems with owners in recent times, and I know Mike Ashley was a hugely unpopular figure not so long ago? Has the recent success of your side since promotion meant that the ill feeling towards him has somewhat diminished? I think it's fair to say that Mike Ashley the man will never be liked on Tyneside, Mike Ashley the businessman has certainly built a sustainable model for success. Trust and support the excellent Graham Carr, provide funds for players within the pre-determined parameters, never buy for the sake of it. The downside is that limiting the flexibility of Pardew and Carr to fatten out the squad leads to losing ground because of injuries as we've seen so far this season. In short, Ashley may very well have brought actual stability to the club, but he is still a cunt.

St James Park? Sports Direct Arena, Wonga etc? What's going on with the name of such an iconic football stadium and how concerning has that whole issue been to fans? Do you care what the stadium is called or do you look more towards the finances that naming rights brings? It was galling to have our history put up for sale, and that nobody took the opportunity to pay to rename the ground shows how toxic that decision would have been. Just for the record, Ashley renamed it, but didn't actually pay a penny towards that rebranding. If Ashley had bought and built a 70k all seater Uber-stadium he can call it whatever he likes. Mind you, nobody called it Sports Direct other than mackems and sad bastards looking for a bite. The money from Wonga is no different to the money from Northern Rock or Emirates or Tombola. There aren't any "nice" companies willing to throw money at a football club these days.

Alan Pardew, he was brought in to replace the popular Chris Hughton and like Mike Ashley, he seemed to be unpopular. From the outside looking in, he seems to have done well. What are your opinions of him now, and how would you describe your style of play? I think for me it was actually a case of being worried about the upheaval more than anything. Carrol going, Hughton going, Pardew not exactly a dazzling name to ease the fears. But to be fair to him he's not only maintained the spirit that Hughton benefited from, but he's managed a few egos and built a very very good first team. I also enjoy his press conferences, some of them will no doubt infuriate our opposition, but when we've been lucky (which we have often this season) he's held his hands up. Our style of play? It depends, sometimes we play with awful thoughtless predictable direct shite, other times the passing and movement have been a genuine pleasure to watch. When key players are on song it's eye-poppingly good football. This season it's not really clicked yet, but I still think we'll finish around 7th/8th.

Let's talk transfers. After a few years of your club having a bit of a nightmare when it came to transfers, you seemed to have done really well in recent years by acquiring very good players for seemingly small fees. Who takes the credit for this and are you worried that some of your players may leave if some Champions League clubs come knocking? Majority of the credit (if not all) has to go to Graham Carr. We're realistic, if a massive club comes knocking for Tiote he'll go. However, I think we've made it clear that if we sell it'll be for a big big fee. Ba has that release clause that everyone talks about, but as yet nobody has activated it. In our favour we have European football this term and a squad good enough to get into Europe next year as well. We've got 50k fans turning up and vociferously supporting their side. There seems to be a good atmosphere in the changing room as well. My point is that it can't just be a Champions League side, it'd have to be a massive club.

How would you describe your season so far? Has it met expectations? Season is very frustrating so far. Injuries to key players have prevented the 1st team finding any kind of rhythm. As Pardew has said, we've had 3 or 4 good halfs so far. We're yet to get into our stride. However, we've not lost any games I'd expected to win, so yeah, I'd say the season isn't matching my hopes, but it is meeting expectations

Speaking of expectations, what where yours for this season? Did your success last year possibly make expectations a bit too high amongst the Geordie faithful? Hah! This old chestnut. The Geordie faithful aren't the stereotyped gurning oik, mumbling at the camera from behind David Craig. Last season was amazing, but nobody expected us to leap from promoted to 5th in 2 seasons. Were we to repeat the heroics of 11/12 maybe we should raise our expectations, but I don't think we will. I'd wager the majority of the Newcastle fans would hope for finishing somewhere around the same as last, but given last season was a perfect storm for us, I'd imagine most would predict/expect 8/10th

I'd like to ask you some questions about Liverpool if I may. What are your thoughts on our new manager Brendan Rodgers, the style of play he is trying to implement at Anfield and how Liverpool have started this season? Well, this is where we got into trouble last year. We said Dalglish was a poor manager and when our replies were posted on RAWK we were called worse than muck. So I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible. BR is a decent manager, but right now, Liverpool is a poisoned chalice. The style he's trying to implement is all well and good if you've a clinical striker or two. Given 80% of your goals have come via Suarez one worries what'll happen if he's injured for any length of time. Personally I think BR's tactics are best defeated by strong, clinical sides. When we played Swansea last season I think they had over 75% posession, completed 90% of their passes, created 15 chances and lost 2-0. Buy a finisher to benefit from LS's obvious quality and you'll see a marked improvement in your results. Mind you, you've had a tough start, Both Manchesters, Arsenal and your derby in the first 9 games is rough in anyone's book. You need BR to have a plan B until you have the players for his plan A

Andy Carroll, you sold him when he was riding the crest of a wave. After a poor start at Anfield, he seemed to finish last season strongly, and he played well for England in the summer. How do you feel Liverpool handled the situation with Andy, and what were your thoughts in the summer when he was linked with a return to Newcastle? Could never understand why Liverpool would swap Torres for Carroll and Suarez and then not play to their strengths? I don't get the impression the Liverpool fans ever really took to Carroll either. Then for Rodgers to basically say he wasn't wanted and loan him out to the new Rugby team Fat Sam is managing in London is just bonkers. I can only assume it was non-football reasons, yet he seems to have found his feet again and will no doubt go and score 10-15 goals or so this term. This of course is made more remarkable by your profligacy up front this season. Would I have taken Carroll back on loan or at the cut-price we were rumoured to offer? Course I would. He's still a very good striker and everyone wants a local boy to do well. Would he necessarily get in the side? not sure at the moment.

Seeing as you got the better end of the Carroll transfer, how about repaying the favour? Fancy buying Joe Cole? In fact, can I pay you guys to take him off our hands? He's another one I can't see why he failed at Anfield? Clearly a talented footballer, and did well when he went on loan to Lille he was enjoying his football and playing well (by all accounts). I'd happily have Joe Cole on loan.

Let's concentrate on the game itself now. Are there any of our players that worry you ahead of Sunday's game? You could play 11 goats and you'll still win. It's us, it's you, in the league, at Anfield. Suarez may be a horrible little shit, but he's a very good footballer and will no doubt score a brace, that said Gerrard loves a goal against us and I'd be entirely unsurprised to see a goal from whomever is your worst performing player that's inexplicably still getting picked.

How do you see the game panning out? You'll dominate possession and we'll get to the 70th minute without really looking troubled, then some piece of magic will unlock us, then you'll get another as we chase the game.

What side would you expect Alan Pardew to pick for the game? Depends if Ba is fit, but I'd be surprised if it were anything but a 442

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Santon

HBA Perch Cabaye Jonas

Shola/Ba Cisse

Finally, fancy making a prediction? 2-0

Both our clubs have had problems with owners in recent times, and I know Mike Ashley was a hugely unpopular figure not so long ago? Has the recent success of your side since promotion meant that the ill feeling towards him has somewhat diminished?

It's not as vocal in the the stands. We all want the best for the club and if he ain't rocking the boat then we won't. Every single fan would still agree his learning curve was a gargantuan fuck up and the deceiful way he went about things will probbly nevr be forgiven. But fans at most clubs gate their chairman. That's football.

St James Park? Sports Direct Arena, Wonga etc? What's going on with the name of such an iconic football stadium and how concerning has that whole issue been to fans? Do you care what the stadium is called or do you look more towards the finances that naming rights brings?

Naming rights of an existing stadium have not brought in big money at any club yet. It was always a publicity stunt for sports direct.

Alan Pardew, he was brought in to replace the popular Chris Hughton and like Mike Ashley, he seemed to be unpopular. From the outside looking in, he seems to have done well. What are your opinions of him now, and how would you describe your style of play?

He'd never done any better at other clubs than hughton, so it was understandable the fans were confused by the appointment. He's done well enough to keep the fans happy but he seems to be struggling on choosing his preferred style and bringing in the players to fit that vision. He's still chopping and changing approach to accomodate what he has at his disposal. That was ok when we were buying him better players. But we've hit our ceiling and he doesn't seem to be allowed to spend what it takes to improve on quality where we are left wanting.

Let's talk transfers. After a few years of your club having a bit of a nightmare when it came to transfers, you seemed to have done really well in recent years by acquiring very good players for seemingly small fees. Who takes the credit for this and are you worried that some of your players may leave if some Champions League clubs come knocking?

Graham Carr. I don't see any reason to sell anyone, unless omeone offers daft money...like you lot for Carroll.

Aye, we're performing pretty much as we did last season. Just had a few luckier breaks in tight games last season.

Speaking of expectations, what where yours for this season? Did your success last year possibly make expectations a bit too high amongst the Geordie faithful?

Don't think so. Noone thought we played particularly good football last season, and the transfer window dampened expectation if it was high.

I'd like to ask you some questions about Liverpool if I may. What are your thoughts on our new manager Brendan Rodgers, the style of play he is trying to implement at Anfield and how Liverpool have started this season?

Brendan Rogers to me is like Alan Partridge with more ego. Haven't watched too much of Livrpool but if he's implemented a rule like Swansea then I think its as dull as Wimbledon 88 to see 10 blokes pass it around he half way line.

Andy Carroll, you sold him when he was riding the crest of a wave. After a poor start at Anfield, he seemed to finish last season strongly, and he played well for England in the summer. How do you feel Liverpool handled the situation with Andy, and what were your thoughts in the summer when he was linked with a return to Newcastle?

Would have took him back for half what you paid. He'd work well alongside Ba or cisse.

Seeing as you got the better end of the Carroll transfer, how about repaying the favour? Fancy buying Joe Cole? In fact, can I pay you guys to take him off our hands?

Did he not do well in France?

Let's concentrate on the game itself now. Are there any of our players that worry you ahead of Sunday's game?

Is Gerrard allowed out on the town ahead of a game? That would worry me.

If colocini is ok I reckon we can keep you passing around our box and keep a clean sheet. Sneaking one ourselves would be a bonus.

Unchanged following the WBA win

0-1

You guys complained about being slagged off on RAWK last season, so I doubt answers like this one are very helpful! Not exactly endearing...

One joke in a list of genuine answers. I'm sure 99% of your readership would make similar jokes about Barton when we were putting up with that divvy, Carroll when he was punching women or Nile Ranger now. At least Gerrard won you a champions league, you can luxuriate in that fact as you take the gentle ribbing from a fan who's never seen his club lift a trophy which makes these cross forum exercises what they are.

Or we could have a minutes silence for the joke.

;)

Hi guys, I am a writer at www.Redandwhitekop.com, an independent LFC website, we run a feature before each game called the Spyin' Kop (I've noticed you guys do something similar here). If possible could you answer these questions in as much detail as possible? Thanks in advance.

Both our clubs have had problems with owners in recent times, and I know Mike Ashley was a hugely unpopular figure not so long ago? Has the recent success of your side since promotion meant that the ill feeling towards him has somewhat diminished

Can't stand the bastard, as I said to a baggie recently, wants stringing up by his knackers for the sportsdirect arena alone never mind the countless other shit.

St James Park? Sports Direct Arena, Wonga etc? What's going on with the name of such an iconic football stadium and how concerning has that whole issue been to fans? Do you care what the stadium is called or do you look more towards the finances that naming rights brings? What finances? How much is Anfield worth to you? He got maximum exposure for his true love, sportsdirect and cares not a fucking jot about our history and tradition. sportsdirect never paid a penny for the naming rights.

Alan Pardew, he was brought in to replace the popular Chris Hughton and like Mike Ashley, he seemed to be unpopular. From the outside looking in, he seems to have done well. What are your opinions of him now, and how would you describe your style of play

?I'd like to see him take the cups seriously so win can win a trophy before I croak it. Needs to stop blowing Mike and Dekas trumpet all the time. He gets credit for a good job so far, it was an unpopular appointment merely because he replaced a quiet, unassuming man who'd done a great job in very difficult circumstances. It was more about Hughton and Ashley rather than Pardew.

They've done well but it's all about cheap clauses and the like. Some would say we've had a poor transfer window as one or two places needed backed up or bettered but he wouldn't pay the extra bit to see it over the line.

Going more or less how I thought it would.

I think most expectations would be same again at best, not too far off it at worst.

Don't rate him at all, not a wind up but a few telling things about him came last year when we beat Swansea 2-0 in Wales. They must have had 80% possession but our defence never looked that troubled and we picked them off. He was all about the stats post game. I'd be worried if I was you for the long term.

Again, this is where you should worry about Rodgers, very poorly handled by him in my opinion. Andy is a buyers market thanks to Rodgers.

Always regarded him as over-rated by a London based media to be honest, mate.

I tend to worry about teams more than players, you don't seem too hot right now.

It's about time we got a win at Anfield but I'll not hold my breath as we usually struggle down there, Liverpool always raise their game when we come to Town for some bizarre reason.

No idea.

We could do with a good performance and at least a point. However I fear 3-1 to you lot as that's just how it usually goes.

It certainly has which is why you wont here any cockney mafia chants any more. He wont be getting any statues any time soon but in fairness he has turned the club around and possibly saved us from ending up fucked like Portsmouth or Middlesbrough etc.

Was a shock when it first happened but I think we've become a little battle hardened to events over the last few years. I think most realised it wouldnt last beyond Ashleys tenure anyway. Regardless, its nice not be playing at the Wonga.

Had a decent season last year and has a calmness about him that comes across well in interviews. A cloud remains as to how much of last season was down to him and how much was down to the signings brought in by Graham Carr. This season, with the same squad, is a tougher test of his management and so far he seems to be struggling to get it right.

Credit has to go to Mike Ashley for setting out the policy and Graham Carr for finding the talent. As for players leaving thats just part of modern football and effects every club. Lately however players tend to find the grass isnt always greener whether thats Barton, Carrol or Enrique in goal ;)

Shit. Very disappointing considering what we are building on. Pardew is trying to keep a few players happy resulting in various formations and an unbalanced team which is struggling in every game.

Given that we didnt lose any "star" players, expectations were that we would build on last year as a team, ie another year of players knowing each other and better understanding between them. Already Pardew is wading through the blame Europe handbook, however thats just papering over the chasms of an unbalanced team. Apart from some shocking look against Everton, West Brom and others, the table would be looking very dire.

Dont like him, not sure why. Dont really watch you play so cant comment.

Rodgers handled it shockingly and it would have been nice to have him back.

No

No, its our own players that worry me.

I am in that horrible situation where I dread the team news. The right team and we will beat any team on our day. However as long as Pardew continues to muddle it, we will continue to struggle.

The wrong one.

We' ll tharash you 3-2