Comet

Christmas Tree

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me what a thoughtless person you are sometimes, CT. Ever thought there might be someone on here might be working for Comet? :nono:

What are they quoting for external hard drives?

Looks like they are about to go pop. Too many people buying online or at Supermarkets.

Shit for 6,000 staff but some great bargains to be had pre christmas in the liquidising sale if any ones after any thing electrical.

The lads from Comet have set this aside for your Christmas box, CT.

electric-chair.jpg

They said 'Merry Christmas from themselves and their families.'

Also said, 'Don't forget to plug it in.'

;)

Looks like they are about to go pop. Too many people buying online or at Supermarkets.

Shit for 6,000 staff but some great bargains to be had pre christmas in the liquidising sale if any ones after any thing electrical.

I'd give the 5 year extended warranty a miss.

The website is down now - probably to save it from vultures (like me).

To be fair to CT he did expressa modicum of sympathy for the workers in his opening post.

I bought my fuck off telly from the local one two years ago - found one on the web I wanted and they had a pricematching offer on with convenient delivery - I thought they were canny on things like that and washing machines.

Never bought the warranties of course.

I worked part time at a Comet store whilst in Sixth Form. A considerable proportion of the sales staff there would put pressure on customers to purchase warranties to the point where it could only be considered bullying. Of course I speak only for the store I worked in when I say this, but I can't begin to muster up even a little bit of sympathy for the majority of the vultures I worked with - It really does take a special kind of cunt to push a £30 warranty on a pensioner purchasing a £60 Microwave. And even worse laugh about it afterwards. Imo.

Money is money, especially when your wage is low.

I sold computers in one of my first jobs with a basic wage of £7,000 a year but could earn around £35 per computer if I managed to sell a 3 year warranty with it.

Money is money, especially when your wage is low.

So it's ok to pick up a bargain even if it means someone losing their job ?

Fuck them, I've got a cheap telly. Money is money.

Not taking advantage wont change anything though will it? If comet stopped selling anything now it would hardly save any jobs would it?

Honestly go and de-sand your vag

Doubt it. Administrators are the first to claim their pound of flesh with exorbitant hourly fees.

Comet also can't buy any new supplies on credit as insurance was removed so it's pay up front or get nowt.

As the run up to Xmas and Jan sales, likely their busiest time, I can't see the situation reversing.

Can't even see anyone coming in to buy them. You never know like but not sure what they offer with a failing model that anyone would want.

I bought a bunch of DVDs and CDs on the last day of Woolworths in Peckham, 90% off, that I've still never watched/listened to. In much the same manner, I fully expect to end up with 13 tellies and 8 fridge-freezers from the local Comet.

So it's ok to pick up a bargain even if it means someone losing their job ?

Fuck them, I've got a cheap telly. Money is money.

Not the point he was making like. Also, I don't see your point anyway. Are you insinuating that anyone picking up a bargain is actually creating these job losses? How does that work exactly?