Bloke stabbed to death in Washington.

catmag

20 :(

Awful isn't it? One of the girls at work came in on her shift at 8am and she found out about it. At this point we didn't even know the lads name. Her 20 year old son had been out the night before and not come home. It was ages til she managed to get in touch with him.

Aye. I work with the bloke who lives in concord. Few years ago he walked past a group of kids nicking a car, so put his head down and kept on walking. He got brayed with a crow bar for his trouble. Got 2 big scars up the back of his head to show for it

Aye. I work with the bloke who lives in concord. Few years ago he walked past a group of kids nicking a car, so put his head down and kept on walking. He got brayed with a crow bar for his trouble. Got 2 big scars up the back of his head to show for it

Anyone convicted of violent crime should be sterilised

I lived in Washington for a few years as a boy. Horrible place

Not all of it is. I lived there from the age of 7 til I left home and our village was pretty quiet. Just like anywhere it's got it's fucking horrible areas but it's not all bad.

Doesn't the sign as you enter say it's in Sunderland? ;)

Boroughs don't count. They don't use them in addresses or anything, therefore they're not important. So no, it's not in Sunderland.

;)

where did you live cath? i was in the rough part of oxclose, near blackfell. couldn't get out of the place quickly enough. it's like a milton keynes of the north. no high street or soul - the galleries ffs. and the road/district system - wtf?

the majority of kids in my school were rough as fuck. moving to ponteland was like a different world.

where did you live cath? i was in the rough part of oxclose, near blackfell. couldn't get out of the place quickly enough. it's like a milton keynes of the north. no high street or soul - the galleries ffs. and the road/district system - wtf?

the majority of kids in my school were rough as fuck. moving to ponteland was like a different world.

Oxclose too for me but right near Holley Park school. My parents still live there and it a really peaceful, friendly estate. I guess I'm just used to the layout of the town as I moved there so young. I'm moving back to Ayton in the next few weeks and again it's a quiet estate with no bother.

Did you go to Oxclose comp?

What's with all the numbered districts? Have they still got them? I haven't been since me Mam used to go to Savacentre when I was about 10.

Nah, they eventually changed all the road signs and now use the name of the villages instead.

Oxclose too for me but right near Holley Park school. My parents still live there and it a really peaceful, friendly estate. I guess I'm just used to the layout of the town as I moved there so young. I'm moving back to Ayton in the next few weeks and again it's a quiet estate with no bother.

Did you go to Oxclose comp?

i did, aye - did you?

to say my north eastern twang has faded is an understatement.

but i never had much of an accent tbh. neither of my parents are from the north east so i always had a slightly posher voice at home and adopted a rougher accent at school in an attempt to avoid getting beating from the local hoodlums. i didn't have a high success rate.

welcome back alex btw.

Perhaps this was just me but did you ever do that thing when you were talking to charvs and you knew trying to act hard wasn't going to work if they were older/bigger or whatever, so as a last resort tried to sound thick as fuck? :lol: Remember doing that at a house party once prior to making a sharp exit.

Edited by Alex

i generally tried to avoid eye contact and keep my head down.

i had a bit of a torrid time growing up in washington. took many a beating from the local scum for not conforming to having a step haircut (shaved bald around the back and sides), wearing shell suits and adidas gazelles. long hair and dr martins didn't go down well in washy.

i remember hiding in a bush in lambton village once after being chased by a group of local charvs. spent the next 20 minutes trying not to make a noise as i listened to them tying to find me before making my exit in the shadows. definitely a low point.