Another pitiful away allocation

Howmanheyman

He's killing our away support. Season Ticket or members only, almost always requests the minimum allocation in case a few tickets don't get sold. I can't believe for one second we couldn't have sold out the normal away allocation at Anfield. Horrible, horrible pair of bastards.

I wasn't sure about that. Do we get anything from the away tickets we sell for another club?

I assumed we must. If not I guess there's actually a cost incurred to deal with all the applications, the points allocations and send out the tickets. Obviously well worth it to any sane person that wants a strong away following, but for a bottom line bloke like Ashley, I wouldn't be surprised if he's chasing a saving there.

Thing is, the ST & members only thing deters anyone who just fancies going. If he's worried about what fans get up to, make sure theyve provided ID before theyre issued with a ticket. 25 quid a year membership for what amounts to just that is a pisstake.

He's killing our away support. Season Ticket or members only, almost always requests the minimum allocation in case a few tickets don't get sold. I can't believe for one second we couldn't have sold out the normal away allocation at Anfield. Horrible, horrible pair of bastards.

Still 2,000 but I agree. The calibre of our away support looked shit too, 14 to 21 year old kids "pogoing" when we scored looking at each other as if to say, "are we doing this right? Is this wacky enough?" Let's face it we're out numbered by this new age scourge now. NUFC support is all but dead, and Ashley is massively to blame.

You're getting old, Stevie ;)

I am. I'm a right miserable cunt. My lass says you can't even be arsed to argue these days. I've got 6 grey hairs too. Not as bad as van Persie but I'll be like Shaun Derry before you know it.

Presumably there's no financial benefit in it for him. Not saying that makes it ok but that's all he's arsed about.

I wasn't sure about that. Do we get anything from the away tickets we sell for another club?

I assumed we must. If not I guess there's actually a cost incurred to deal with all the applications, the points allocations and send out the tickets. Obviously well worth it to any sane person that wants a strong away following, but for a bottom line bloke like Ashley, I wouldn't be surprised if he's chasing a saving there.

Maybe a stronger following would make a difference to the players? Even one place higher in the league would earn him more than any losses of a few quid the odd time he was left with tickets. Plus allowing the General Public to have access to left over tickets would hopefully mean no unsold tickets. It's this scrimping and saving mentality that doesn't help us. He respects our club/history/tradition? Big away supports is one of those traditions and for the (possible) loss of a few quid he's denying supporters the right to do what most of us have all done sometime or other in our lives, and that's being part of a massive travelling support.

Agree with you 100%.

We have one of the largest away supports in the country or at least we did have until Ashley started taking reduced allocations. Our away support is one of the things that makes me proud to be a Newcastle fan and we are respected nationally for the size of our away following, its often one of the first talking points, or it used to be.

All this is being destroyed by Ashley. It makes me sick to see some medium sized clubs getting bigger allocations at certain away grounds than we do. I've even heard taunts from fans about not selling all our tickets etc (by Man City fans last season which is laughable when they can't even sell all their home tickets).

Its another example of the complete contempt Ashley has for Newcastle fans

Maybe a stronger following would make a difference to the players? Even one place higher in the league would earn him more than any losses of a few quid the odd time he was left with tickets. Plus allowing the General Public to have access to left over tickets would hopefully mean no unsold tickets. It's this scrimping and saving mentality that doesn't help us. He respects our club/history/tradition? Big away supports is one of those traditions and for the (possible) loss of a few quid he's denying supporters the right to do what most of us have all done sometime or other in our lives, and that's being part of a massive travelling support.

No, obviously not. He couldn't give a shit about that. I agree with everything you say, I'm just putting it from his pov. He's not a fan of the club and he's about as classy as Uncal Mick, all of which makes for a cheapskate approach. I don't mind the idea of us being financially viable, especially in the current climate, but he's goes above and beyond that with this sort of thing and, like you say, it probably has a detrimental effect on performance from time to time, quite apart from ruining a lot of people's fun. Tbh, I'm quite fortunate in that I don't let it bother me so much any more. I've jacked my ST in as I've got other priorities and I take a much more 'Zen' approach to the whole thing now. I do feel for the travelling support who find it increasingly difficult to get to games though.