Stat Attack

The Fish

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle United took the fewest amount of away fans in history (37) to a qualification european away match

Seems mental to go on another team's message board to gloat on the night they're through to the next stage of European competition when your own team is facing a relegation battle... Especially when those you're trying to wind up tuck you in with unsurprising regularity.

He's referring to the Atromitos game - where we sold over 100 tickets with less than ten days notice. £500 for flights - more than a Sunderland season ticket - stunning support.

• 2 months later...

Toon Toon

- Newcastle have the fifth-best first-half record but the worst second-half record in the Premier League.

- Moussa Sissoko has scored or assisted four PL goals in just three games. Papiss Cisse, Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa lead the current Newcastle players' charts with five goals/assists this season.

- No free-kicks were given for fouls on Bale v Newcastle on Saturday.

Lets all laugh at s*nderland

- Sunderland attempted a massive 47 crosses and no through balls v Arsenal on Saturday.

Lets all laugh at lollerpool

- Liverpool have still not beaten a team currently in the top half of the Premier League.

Other

- Christian Benteke has scored or assisted 15 of Aston Villa's 25 league goals this season.

- Chelsea are still three points better off than at the same stage last season, scoring eight more and conceding three fewer goals.

- Ashley Cole has produced only four accurate crosses in the entire PL season.

- Robin van Persie has recorded a goal or assist in 19 of his 26 PL appearances this season.

- Reading have scored 14 of their 33 goals in the final 15 minutes of PL matches this season.

- Twelve of Stoke's 26 games this season have been 0-0 at half-time.

- Only Stoke (42.6%) and Reading (40%) have recorded a lower average possession than Sunderland (43.3%) this season

- Wigan have picked up more points away from home this season (11) than at the DW Stadium (10).

• 4 weeks later...

Newcastle United

1. Newcastle United have picked up more points at home this season (25) than any club outside the top eight. Victory over Stoke brought their third successive win at St James' Park.
  2. Newcastle have won three of six PL games started by Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote this season. They have won just six of the other 23 PL games.
  3. Sylvain Marveaux has recorded more assists this season (4) than any other Newcastle player, despite starting only seven PL games.

Stat 1 is a nice surprise, but indicates we need to improve our away form, 2 shows to me just how important round pegs in round holes can be, 3 tells me that CT is going to rub his button mushroom into oblivion.

We are 4th in the form table. Sunderland are 20th. Don't discount them going down

Nah, they'll be all right. QPR and Reading are down, not enough quality throughout their sides and they've left it too late imo. Other than those two I reckon Wigan or Villa. The former because I just can't believe they'll escape it yet agsain, the latter because I want it to happen :lol:

mackems have only got games against... actually I've just looked at their fixture list, next game against Norwich is massive. After that it's Man U, Chelsea and us. Setting aside the "banter" they could easily get zero points from those three. Even once they're past that they've got 3 from the next against sides comfortably above them in the league. If they get less than 3 points from Norwich and Villa take something from the QPR game, the mackems will be right in amongst it.

in short, you might be right.

Nah, they'll be all right. QPR and Reading are down, not enough quality throughout their sides and they've left it too late imo. Other than those two I reckon Wigan or Villa. The former because I just can't believe they'll escape it yet agsain, the latter because I want it to happen :lol:

mackems have only got games against... actually I've just looked at their fixture list, next game against Norwich is massive. After that it's Man U, Chelsea and us. Setting aside the "banter" they could easily get zero points from those three. Even once they're past that they've got 3 from the next against sides comfortably above them in the league. If they get less than 3 points from Norwich and Villa take something from the QPR game, the mackems will be right in amongst it.

in short, you might be right.

Lovely post :lol: