Solar roof panels..

wolfy

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really believe that, there is no hope for the future.

:lol:

Right, so if more people turn to greener energy, like Solar & wind, then the prices of conventional energy will have to come down to compete with these renewable sources?

Ive just read what Rikko has put and IMO thats the problem.

People are not thinking outside of the box, they are not thinking long term.

i) It would have added value to the house and

ii) The long term gain outweighs the short term, i.e my point above.

Ive just read what Rikko has put and IMO thats the problem.

People are not thinking outside of the box, they are not thinking long term.

i) It would have added value to the house and

ii) The long term gain outweighs the short term, i.e my point above.

On the contrary, I think Rikko factored all that on before making a decision.

:lol:

Right, so if more people turn to greener energy, like Solar & wind, then the prices of conventional energy will have to come down to compete with these renewable sources?

This greener energy won't save you a penny , infact go back and find a bill (if you have one) from about 5 years ago and compare it with your bills now (yes take into account inflation) and you will get a good idea as to what to expect in the next 10 years when green re-newable type energy takes hold.

These companies are there to make money and lots of it and we pay no matter what they hike up because it's all in the name of saving the planet and it's an expensive business saving the planet, so dig deep.

That's what we are dealing with.

I think solar panels are a big scam that makes people pay out a small fortune because they see their bills rising like mad and they have a belief that everything will be cosy later on in life, yet in my opinion there will be no real gain at all.

The only gain will be the energy companies, plus those companies that make the actual panels and fix them.

I looked at it as an investment, the risks wereto high to justify the outlay. I moved out of that house 2 years later and would have taken a huge loss on the solar panels including any increase they would've given in value on the property.

The problem with solar and wind is they are still too expensive for normal households up front. The payback time is too long. I care more about having a good holiday this year then having slightly reduced energy bills for the next few years.

Unless you are certain you will stay where you live now for the next 10-20 years or an strong eco hippy it's not worth it.

I have a bit of difficulty with how households manage to channel excess energy back to the grid.

Does anyone know what wiring system is installed into homes that send the excess energy back to the grid?

Hah! Thanks for finally admitting that.

/Wolfy

I said it could before, you just didn't acknowledge it.

Although it does travel through a vacuum, it has no effect until it hits something such as Earth's atmosphere where it then agitates the molecules creating light and heat.

Edited by wolfy

I said it could before, you just didn't acknowledge it.

Although it does travel through a vacuum, it has no effect until it hits something such as Earth's atmosphere where it then agitates the molecules creating light and heat.

Yet heat won't radiat from satellites?

There's something more than a bit tragic about these barmpot theories / attention-seeking threads like. That's the thing with the internet though, if it was down the pub you'd just pat him on the head, say aye and go back to ignoring the sad sack.

Yet heat won't radiat from satellites?

We can't test that out as there (as you know my thoughts) are no satellites in space.

It would radiate away far too slowly because there is no fan system or anything that can dissipate it meaning the system would be rendered useless in very short order.

There's something more than a bit tragic about these barmpot theories / attention-seeking threads like. That's the thing with the internet though, if it was down the pub you'd just pat him on the head, say aye and go back to ignoring the sad sack.

They're only barmpot theories to you because you haven't a clue what you're talking about, except to stand behind those that can actually put something forward.

I've seen people like you when I was at school...you're the one that stands at the back of a baying mob and points his finger shouting "YEAH" to anything the mob says, hahahaha.

You home has a cable feeding it that consists of a Live, neutral and Earth, so how is the excess energy channelled back to the grid from this set up?

I've answered that. Does everyone on this forum have me on ignore?

HELLO HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME IN THERE?

They're only barmpot theories to you because you haven't a clue what you're talking about, except to stand behind those that can actually put something forward.

I've seen people like you when I was at school...you're the one that stands at the back of a baying mob and points his finger shouting "YEAH" to anything the mob says, hahahaha.

Rattled

I've answered that. Does everyone on this forum have me on ignore?

HELLO HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME IN THERE?

Yes I read the article you posted up but it doesn't exactly say how the excess energy is channelled back to the grid as far as I can see.

As I said earlier, a home is connected by an armoured cable carrying 3 wires, Live ,Neutral, Earth.

For excess electric to be channelled back to the grid, it could only go via one of these wires, but how?