Solar roof panels..

wolfy

Rattled

Rattled by what?

What's all this rattled carry on man.

If you are trying to rattle me, then obviously you are getting frustrated with it not having the desired effect.

Give it up Alex. Many have tried and failed.

Put some input in man and stop acting like a dick.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't test that out as there (as you know my thoughts) are no satellites in space.

It would radiate away far too slowly because there is no fan system or anything that can dissipate it meaning the system would be rendered useless in very short order.

Far too slowly. :lol:

Fuck me you are the worst kind of stupid.

Rattled by what?

What's all this rattled carry on man.

If you are trying to rattle me, then obviously you are getting frustrated with it not having the desired effect.

Give it up Alex. Many have tried and failed.

Put some input in man and stop acting like a dick.

Look man, you're either on the wind-up or you're not all there. Any attempts at serious input are a complete waste of time. I feel a bit bad even taking the piss tbh.

Look man, you're either on the wind-up or you're not all there. Any attempts at serious input are a complete waste of time. I feel a bit bad even taking the piss tbh.

I'm glad you feel bad about taking the piss because you are bad at it.

You can't put any serious input into anything it seems, because you are basically a bell end, it has to be said.

Now I can take people as I find them and banter on with anyone. Those that decide to try and take the piss like you will be laughed at and anyone wishing badness on me like your Rentons will be laughed at and ignored.

That's how I deal with shit like you and your Renton characters.

To me, you're as thick as shit and probably a right dummy looking idiot but I can't prove this, no more than you can prove anything you say about me, so all it does is ends up tit for tat for as long as it lasts, leading to basically someone crying (not me) or stalemate where it becomes boring.

If you can grasp what I'm saying, I suggest you try and put some input in, instead of making the mistake (likeothers) of psychoanalysing me.

Over.

We've got solar panels installed, the FiT (Feed in Tarriff) payments we get quarterly (the missus looks after the bills so I'm sketchy on this) give us a fair amount of cash and is tax free as well as index linked for the next 25 years. We got in before the last round of government tomfoolery so we're getting the higher rate of return too which is excellent. The installation cost about £9k which going by the figures we've got will be paid off in about six years, once that's done it's free money towards the bills. My only gripe with it is that if the electricity goes down on the local grid then the panels production is turned off as well, something to do with not electricuting the workmen should they need to isolate the local powerlines while they're fixing whatever problem is causing the outage. You'd think someone would invent some sort of trip switch really so that those with solar panels would still be able to use whatever they're producing in an outage. Sadly the battery technology doesn't exist in any feasible format for residential implementation so that's out of the question too.

Essentially it's a long term investment that was a no-brainer for us providing you've got no intention of moving - even though as Wiki quite rightly said, it supposedly increases the value of your property. One thing we were told when we had ours installed though is that under some new building regs all properties from 2013 onwards must have solar technology included (though I'm not sure whether it means so many per estate built or actually per house).

We've got solar panels installed, the FiT (Feed in Tarriff) payments we get quarterly (the missus looks after the bills so I'm sketchy on this) give us a fair amount of cash and is tax free as well as index linked for the next 25 years. We got in before the last round of government tomfoolery so we're getting the higher rate of return too which is excellent. The installation cost about £9k which going by the figures we've got will be paid off in about six years, once that's done it's free money towards the bills. My only gripe with it is that if the electricity goes down on the local grid then the panels production is turned off as well, something to do with not electricuting the workmen should they need to isolate the local powerlines while they're fixing whatever problem is causing the outage. You'd think someone would invent some sort of trip switch really so that those with solar panels would still be able to use whatever they're producing in an outage. Sadly the battery technology doesn't exist in any feasible format for residential implementation so that's out of the question too.

Essentially it's a long term investment that was a no-brainer for us providing you've got no intention of moving - even though as Wiki quite rightly said, it supposedly increases the value of your property. One thing we were told when we had ours installed though is that under some new building regs all properties from 2013 onwards must have solar technology included (though I'm not sure whether it means so many per estate built or actually per house).

Interesting.

I wonder if you could do me a favour.

Could you find out something for me.

Can you find out if you had a separate cable installed to your home from the nearest sub station or if you haven't had another cable fitted, can you find out how your excess electricity actually goes back to the grid and through which wire it does this.

Interesting.

I wonder if you could do me a favour.

Could you find out something for me.

Can you find out if you had a separate cable installed to your home from the nearest sub station or if you haven't had another cable fitted, can you find out how your excess electricity actually goes back to the grid and through which wire it does this.

there is no extra wire, it will make your meter run backwards, it goes back into the grid which your house is attached to by the overhead/underground wires.

there is no extra wire, it will make your meter run backwards, it goes back into the grid which your house is attached to by the overhead/underground wires.

How can it go back to the grid through the same wires as is feeding the house, which are operational ALWAYS.

i fucking hope not, sorry i won't feed the troll

Take part or don't, your choice.

You'v said you won't feed the troll, so I don;t expect you to make another post, unless you decide that you can run your life without being prompted by other posters.

This thread is desperate for some gardening advice.

And I wouldn't mind but that article posted by Trophyshy explains how it works in detail and with the help of simple diagrams :lol:

Edited by Alex

How can it go back to the grid through the same wires as is feeding the house, which are operational ALWAYS.

exactly, it will only run backwards when the electricity usage in your house is less than what is produced i.e. when you aren't home or depending on how big your set up is when you aren't drawing large amounts of power. what is the problem with you understanding this?

exactly, it will only run backwards when the electricity usage in your house is less than what is produced i.e. when you aren't home or depending on how big your set up is when you aren't drawing large amounts of power. what is the problem with you understanding this?

That isn't my question.

makes a fair point, how much sunlight you get should be a deciding factor for choice of solar power, buddy of mine has a solar power company and they come and do an audit of your property before they will sell you anything, they won't if you are situated poorly.

this may remove the need for audits....

http://www.treehugge...lectricity.html

haha, read the comments on the page i posted, so maybe it won't remove the need for solar audits.

Edited by tooner

This greener energy won't save you a penny , infact go back and find a bill (if you have one) from about 5 years ago and compare it with your bills now (yes take into account inflation) and you will get a good idea as to what to expect in the next 10 years when green re-newable type energy takes hold.

These companies are there to make money and lots of it and we pay no matter what they hike up because it's all in the name of saving the planet and it's an expensive business saving the planet, so dig deep.

That's what we are dealing with.

I think solar panels are a big scam that makes people pay out a small fortune because they see their bills rising like mad and they have a belief that everything will be cosy later on in life, yet in my opinion there will be no real gain at all.

The only gain will be the energy companies, plus those companies that make the actual panels and fix them.

Solar panels are one of the most un-green things out there. Swathes of China are so polluted by panel production it is no longer fit for human habitation,

Solar panels are one of the most un-green things out there. Swathes of China are so polluted by panel production it is no longer fit for human habitation,

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.

Do you have any idea how a household can sell electricity back to the grid and if so can you explain how it's done because I can't figure out how this would be managed, bearing in mind that there is only one cable from the grid feeding the house and it's live constantly, so how can solar panel excess electric be sent back to the grid?

I honestly do not know how they manage it.

Wolfy please just read the articles posted where this is all explained. :idiot:

It doesn't show me how it's done, it just says that it is done, unless I'm missing something and if so can you show me where it explains how this works.