Solar roof panels..

wolfy

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.

Do you have any idea how a household can sell electricity back to the grid and if so can you explain how it's done because I can't figure out how this would be managed, bearing in mind that there is only one cable from the grid feeding the house and it's live constantly, so how can solar panel excess electric be sent back to the grid?

I honestly do not know how they manage it.

It's cheaper and better for the enviro to do it with a windmill. :)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tesla didn't need cables man!

Well until they resurrect him and have him sorting solar panels out to feed the grid without cables, it still leaves me with the question of, how does a household manage to feed excess electricity back to the grid.... what cable is used as it cannot be the mains cable that feeds the house.

AC - Alternating Current travels in both directions in the same wire. Our grid is AC.

meerkat-1.jpg

Yes it travels in both directions but not as a two lane road.

You cannot connect a live of your solar to the live of the mains cable as a way of sending electricity back to the grid.

So what cable is taking the excess electricity back to the grid?

do you see the arrows on both ends of the lines between the fuse box and the meter and the power lines? would you like to put forth a guess as to what that means? take your time.

Not to encourage this zoom's particular brand of idiocy, but in AC current, using 'arrows' is always misleading - in AC the electrons in the cables don't actually move anywhere in net distance terms, unlike in DC, where they do actually flow in a way that using arrows to represent that would make sense. But yes, if the arrows represent power transfer, it's accurate. But I suspect it would be easier to teach a dog how to read than teach this prat the basics of power electronics.

I'm glad you feel bad about taking the piss because you are bad at it.

You can't put any serious input into anything it seems, because you are basically a bell end, it has to be said.

Now I can take people as I find them and banter on with anyone. Those that decide to try and take the piss like you will be laughed at and anyone wishing badness on me like your Rentons will be laughed at and ignored.

That's how I deal with shit like you and your Renton characters.

To me, you're as thick as shit and probably a right dummy looking idiot but I can't prove this, no more than you can prove anything you say about me, so all it does is ends up tit for tat for as long as it lasts, leading to basically someone crying (not me) or stalemate where it becomes boring.

If you can grasp what I'm saying, I suggest you try and put some input in, instead of making the mistake (likeothers) of psychoanalysing me.

Over.

Definately rattled.

Not to encourage this zoom's particular brand of idiocy, but in AC current, using 'arrows' is always misleading - in AC the electrons in the cables don't actually move anywhere in net distance terms, unlike in DC, where they do actually flow in a way that using arrows to represent that would make sense. But yes, if the arrows represent power transfer, it's accurate. But I suspect it would be easier to teach a dog how to read than teach this prat the basics of power electronics.

Fuck off you clown.

A.C what's going on here, people can't seem D.C. what I'm getting at.

It seems like it's a case of, "let's shock Wolfy"

Well you can all pylon the pressure because I know what I mean, yet some can't grasp it.

I'm just trying to generate interest in a topic yet immediately we seem to all have crossed wires.