Theo Walcott

Craig

No links or rumours, just wondered what people's opinion of the latest 'wonderkid' are?

I've not seen him with the exception of the goals on MOTD this evening (fuck, can he run!) but I've heard both Arsenal and Chelsea are sniffing around him...

Thoughts?

Certainly looks a good prospect, but we've seen it so many times with young players who turn out shit, remember Danny Cadamateri?!

He'll no doubt sign for Arsenal or Chelsea and never play a competitive game of football for about 4 years. Might aswell stay at Southampton.

Indeed we have seen the shite, but then we've seen the odd speciality over the years:

Shearer (Southampton)

Owen (Liverpool)

Rooney (Everton)

They're banding around a figure of around £8m for him which for a 16 year old seems a bit absurd. If he was to come here I seriously don't know whether I'd be happy or not. Something that is consistent with the names I've mentioned above is that they established themselves upto full international level before they moved on - I think he'd benefit from staying where he is, at least for another 3-4 years...

Indeed we have seen the shite, but then we've seen the odd speciality over the years:

Shearer (Southampton)

Owen (Liverpool)

Rooney (Everton)

They're banding around a figure of around £8m for him which for a 16 year old seems a bit absurd. If he was to come here I seriously don't know whether I'd be happy or not. Something that is consistent with the names I've mentioned above is that they established themselves upto full international level before they moved on - I think he'd benefit from staying where he is, at least for another 3-4 years...

76059[/snapback]

Would Fowler class as a wonderkid? He was class untill he left the scousers.

I'd love to see Walcott sold before I leave Southampton because the Saints fans would likely tear St Marys to the ground in search of Rupert Lowe. For Southampton to ever get back to the Premiership they need to get rid of Lowe, and if losing Walcott is the only thing that'll get rid of that greedy shit, then so be it. Not that I like that club, but I do have a lot of Saints fans as friends that all say the same thing, that Lowe's a cock.

I can give my opinion of him when he comes up against a good championship defence at Reading.

Alot of teams in the division aren't incredibly mobile, so pacey players (ie Jerome, Convey, Walcot) can simply run past aged defenders.

Certainly a player with potential, it'll be interesting to see if he goes to Chelsea or Arsenal he could improve, or whether he'll stay at Southampton?

Don't want him at the toon if it'll cost 8 million, we can't exactly rely on a 16-year old. :lol:

Fowler in his prime was he best finisher i have ever seen. Even better than Shearer IMO.

76098[/snapback]

He's still a good finisher. I hate him :lol:

76158[/snapback]

Aye his hat-trick yesterday was class, 2 mint goals and a good pen.

Fowler in his prime was he best finisher i have ever seen. Even better than Shearer IMO.

76098[/snapback]

He's still a good finisher. I hate him :lol:

76158[/snapback]

Aye his hat-trick yesterday was class, 2 mint goals and a good pen.

76184[/snapback]

Each time he had the ball around the edge of the area on his left foot, it looked like he was going to score.

Funniest part of the match was when Sinclair blasted over instead of squaring to Fowler. Robbie made his feelings clear by giving him the "wanker" salute. Priceless.

No chance of Walcott signing for us.

76201[/snapback]

Don't want him tbh, £8M is crazy for a 16 year old.

76208[/snapback]

"No links or rumours, just wondered what people's opinion of the latest 'wonderkid' are?"

:lol: