Police and Crime Commissioner Elections

Christmas Tree

"In a few hours private security companies like G4S could be on their way to controlling big parts of Northumbria police. The new police and crime commissioner elections are tomorrow (Thursday 15th) and there’s a big danger that pro-privatisation candidates could get in with just a few votes.

That’s why we need to sound the alarm and get our friends and family to the polling stations armed with the facts."

That's what it's all about apparently.

A few things on this.

I had some shite posted through my door from one of the blokes up for it. He looked like he was off the set of corrie so I binned it. Then I listened to PMQT and this was a subject. The general consensus seems to be that this is a waste of money, another level of bureaucracy and that the people standing represent politcal parties is just fucking wrong.

BBC Newcastle tweeted the @s of those standing so I asked each of them what they stood for as I hadnt heard a thing about them. That I got no reply said volumes to me.

The arranging of this has been shambolic. If you want to get info on these (and could be arsed) then you need to go online. Ok,so what if you dont have access to going online? Ah I see, tough shit.

No, I wont be voting and by the sounds of it, 80% of everyone else wont be either.

We all on here, posting on the internet, have access I mean....and haven't bothered our arses.

Ah I get your point. Well technically I tried but as they couldnt be arsed I decided neither could I. Labour have even said if they get in they will scrap it.

John Prescotts a candidate here, as if Lord and former deputy pm wasn't enough.

There's always room for more money and it's not like he's going to be able to get a proper job.