Appreciate your thought here.....

Jay Jay Sea

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im well aware that most nurses are responsible for keeping patients alive and keeping doctor their jobs btw

Retract those claws though Catmag eh ;)

You know what? I had one of the worst nights I've ever had last night which ended as badly as it possibly could. It's probably just really the wrong time for you to be at your patronising, arsehole best.

I don't work with patients. I do work with consultants. Infection controls mean that the wearing of long sleeves even is being phased out; hat was my impression anyway.

I can't think of any patient benefits for nurses to wear suits. Really, it strikes me as daft. Either wear a uniform or go casual, it's less divisive and patriarchal.

Most MH patients don't want people in nurse uniforms being seen going into their houses though. There's plenty of malignant alienation out there still and they aren't overly keen on announcing to the world they aren't having a great time at the minute.

Likewise, going out to see patients in my converse and jeans doesn't really cut it in the eyes of my managers unfortunately!

You know what? I had one of the worst nights I've ever had last night which ended as badly as it possibly could. It's probably just really the wrong time for you to be at your patronising, arsehole best.

Well fuck off out of the thread then, you can't use what happened to you at work that no-one on here that isn't psychic could possibly know about to give you free reign to get your digs in and not expect a bit back

Anaesthetists make jokes about surgeons, surgeons make jokes about physicians, physicians make jokes about A & E doctors, who make jokes about GPs. Doctors aren't really allowed to make jokes about nurses, but nurses make jokes about each other.

When all's said and done we're all playing for the same team doing different things for different people so petty point scoring like this is pretty silly really.

Anaesthetists make jokes about surgeons, surgeons make jokes about physicians, physicians make jokes about A & E doctors, who make jokes about GPs. Doctors aren't really allowed to make jokes about nurses, but nurses make jokes about each other.

When all's said and done we're all playing for the same team doing different things for different people so petty point scoring like this is pretty silly really.

Yeah but orthopaedic surgeons are always the lowest of the low ;)

i only wear one when i've a meeting to go to

Same here and then only wear a tie if it's a new customer. Else it's jeans/combats with work logo'd T.