Google Music available in the UK

Happy Face

Canny feature that you can right click any song in your collection and share the youtube video. It automatically searches for the song and lets you select either of the top 3 results to share to your timeline.

No need to open the internet, google, youtube and social networking site, go hunting for the vid, copy the link, paste it and comment.

Couple of clicks within google music and it's done.

You had to upload 7k tracks??? Fucking hell that's pathetic it missed out so many.

I had a few hundred just on music match it couldn't find just

I did mine at the start of the week when Matching wasn't in place.

they reckon match is live in Eutrope now...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/11/google-music-scan-and-match-feature-rumored-to-be-already-working-in-europe/

Didn't know about that. I'm a spanner, so have an unconsolidated music collection across two computers. You can run match from the two machines on the same account, and it does the consolidating for you, which is good.

I mean that's how it should work, so I'm not handing out any prizes for it.

Is the google music app available on the app store for iphone?

Took 2 days for 7619 tracks to upload for me.

GoMusic for 69p is canny good. It's a universal app too which makes it more of a bargain.

Im behind with all this cloud lark and interested as to how you heavyweights of the scene use it at home say .

I get the idea of it being constantly accessible etc. and in terms of free storage it sounds great but how are you then actually playing it hardware-wise ? I'm kinda 'traditional' . Sometimes hook phone into seperates system and play music off there or have an external hard drive into tv / seperates .

Also does it analyse source/content in terms of piracy ? Say if you uploaded a leaked album would it make your cloud flash red or whatever ?

Nah, there's nothing to worry about in terms of stuff you've acquired. In terms of how you play the music, it's available on any computer and any Internet connected mobile device, pretty much. Ideally you need to be on wireless cos its gonna burn through your phone data allowance in no time.

Im good to go with the wifi and Giffgaff phone is unlimited data , its just im a bit of a jumpy-jack when it comes to listening to music and when have phone wired to stereo im constantly skipping tracks and swiping the screen to awake phone whilst minding the wire doesnt bowl the refreshments over . Not a major problem in my life obviously but as we all get older and lazier any shortcuts have to be looked at ! Is there anything that can interface phone and stereo with wirelessly ?

Ideally , is it possible to pull stuff out my cloud via phone/wifi and send it on to an output device without being physically thehered via a phono socket ? So can use phone as the remote/playlist viewer as it were ?

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Got this up and running this morning...tried to play a few tracks on my mobile via the excellent wifi connection at Mrs PL's place and it was fuckin shit. Kept on stopping and starting like stream that keeps on buffering. If I watch a stream here its almost always brilliant, best I've used.

I suppose as mentioned earlier its only worthwhile for those with unlimited data....or you are somewhere where the WiFi is free and you've only got your phone....and you fancy listening to some tunes....yeah, you got me wondering now CT :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

If you really need to have a wifi connection, what's really the point in uploading loads of stuff to the Internet from your PC simply to then stream it to your PC ????

When i go to my mams at christmas I can put my christmas playlist on her PC during the turkey dinner.

I think you're missing the point that most people have several devices and it's a pain getting a consolidated music collection across them....desktop and laptop, tablet, phone, work PC, work phone, hotel PC, family PCs etc.