Newcastle v Maritimo

Gene_Clark

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least weve looked capable of beating teams in the Europa League. Nice distraction from the dirge we are serving up in the league atm

didn't realise there was an official musical accompaniment to the games......

We've actually being playing good football in Europe, much better than the pish in the league. Should we make this competition a priority? I cannot see us qualifying for Europe again in the league, nor can I see us being relegated, so I personally think we should give this a whack!

I'd like us to take it seriously once we qualify for knock-outs on Thursday.

Of course we should. The league should now become third in our priorities, we'll not go down, we'll come 12th as I said before a ball was kicked. The league will remain our priority because Ashley is a greedy cunt, and it's £1m a place. The league is boring unless you can compete for a CL place, which we've completely fucked up already.

I wouldn't say we've looked good in Europe, we drew 2-2 with a team in Europe's 14th best league who are on a domestic run of 5 losses in a row including a 6-1 defeat to Anderlecht. Bordeaux remains our only good performance of the season.

It's £15 for normal adult tickets which is about a fiver too much imo.

Cheers. Wasn't laziness. Asked last night when I was on my phone.

If I go I think I'll pay the extra fiver for the platinum club. You get a program there anaarl don't you, so might as well.

If I go I think I'll pay the extra fiver for the platinum club. You get a program there anaarl don't you, so might as well.

If you go there get in earlier as the queues to get in against Bordeaux were crazy. Only just made kick off.

The padded seat on a cold night is a blessing. :)

I never have for a European game, think it's just for league games. It's not the best place to sit as there's zero atmosphere but the seats are good.

I think the £20 seats are the only ones with bars open however, so you can affoerd youself the opportunity to spend £4 on some warm piss.

Of course we should. The league should now become third in our priorities, we'll not go down, we'll come 12th as I said before a ball was kicked. The league will remain our priority because Ashley is a greedy cunt, and it's £1m a place. The league is boring unless you can compete for a CL place, which we've completely fucked up already.

I wouldn't say we've looked good in Europe, we drew 2-2 with a team in Europe's 14th best league who are on a domestic run of 5 losses in a row including a 6-1 defeat to Anderlecht. Bordeaux remains our only good performance of the season.

I don't even think we were that good against Bordeaux. We had a few good patches and looked comfortable but it was hardly inspiring stuff. I think we're just clutching at straws as we are so far off the pace this season there's been nothing else!

I agree we should give the wafa cup a real go. I think a good cup run could provide much more of a boost to our season than the extra games would harm it at this stage.

I never have for a European game, think it's just for league games. It's not the best place to sit as there's zero atmosphere but the seats are good.

I think the £20 seats are the only ones with bars open however, so you can affoerd youself the opportunity to spend £4 on some warm piss.

:lol: I didn't have a drink at half time on Saturday because I was on call and could only have a couple so saved myself for a nicer pint after. Then the fuckers insisted on going to to Sam Bastard Jacks for the fanny and some alka seltzer in tatty water. :angry2:

I got a program last time I was in the posh seats for a cup game...might have been League cup though.

I don't even think we were that good against Bordeaux. We had a few good patches and looked comfortable but it was hardly inspiring stuff. I think we're just clutching at straws as we are so far off the pace this season there's been nothing else!

I agree we should give the wafa cup a real go. I think a good cup run could provide much more of a boost to our season than the extra games would harm it at this stage.

I thought we were good against them and that they were quite a decent passing side.

They looked a lot weaker than us and when we got the goals they collapsed. We didn't need to play well to beat them and I don't think we did. I didn't come away from the game thinking it was poor or anything like that but I didn't think it was anything inspiring!

:lol: I didn't have a drink at half time on Saturday because I was on call and could only have a couple so saved myself for a nicer pint after. Then the fuckers insisted on going to to Sam Bastard Jacks for the fanny and some alka seltzer in tatty water. :angry2:

I got a program last time I was in the posh seats for a cup game...might have been League cup though.

I never understand that me, you'd think people had never seen an attractive woman naked before.

Last time I was up in August was the first time I've ever been able to proper go out on the piss in Newcastle (could only do away games last year), despite some reasonable suggestions from Tom my mate had us in Sam Jacks half the night because he thought 'he was in' with one of the mongs on the poles :lol:. Turns out she had a kid or something equally as depressing.

Last time I was up in August was the first time I've ever been able to proper go out on the piss in Newcastle (could only do away games last year), despite some reasonable suggestions from Tom my mate had us in Sam Jacks half the night because he thought 'he was in' with one of the mongs on the poles :lol:. Turns out she had a kid or something equally as depressing.

They've all had a couple of bairns, I imagine. Sam Jacks is canny if you like watching thick as pigshit away fans do that stupid drinking challenge in front of thick as pigshit home fans.

I think that night ended fairly roughly for you both without Sam Jacks! :lol: