Newcastle v Maritimo

Gene_Clark

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to pick people out but going to anyway.

Can someone explain to me in plain English, (no graphs etc), why young Sammy is highly thought of? If this lad is a regular Premier League player in 4-5 years time I'll walk down Northumberland street in a Sunderland shirt. We're relying on the likes of Sammy and 'Bigi' for this competition and you can't tell me the first decent side we play will not turn us over.

The de-valued bit of Stevie's post is spot on. The next sponsor after 'wonga' (ffs) will look at us and think 'do we really want to be associated with this club?' Even the fucking ITV4 can't be arsed with us. Whilst I wouldn't go as far as Stevie who's just showing his frustration, I'll be a happy bloke when these two cunts fuck off away from our city and club and never come back again. 'May their balls fester and their arseholes sieze up'.

As for the bairns last night and their songsheet, Jesus Christ on a bike, our support isn't what it used to be is it? ysifs at the handful who made that trip would embarrassing in a full house never mind a half empty stadium (and I dont blame any fucker not going last night as it happens). Last night was all kinds of shittiness but that's what we are and not much will change in a hurry. Good to decent side when all fit, pretty desperate when a few are missing. Fanks Mike.

Fuck me it's either feast or famine with you CT isnt it? :lol:

Last season wasnt as good as some made out and this season isnt as bad as some are painting it either. We've been shite compared with our run after Spurs twatted us 5 nowt i February, thats for sure ;)

I'm not sure what this trend is with having a middle of the road opinion :)

Last season was one of our best seasons in recent years and we were there or there abouts all season. Nothing wrong with rejoicing a great season.

This season is an absolute knacker and we look very likely of getting dragged into the mire in the next few weeks.

Just call it as it is.

Last season was one of our best seasons in recent years and we were there or there abouts all season. Nothing wrong with rejoicing a great season.

This season is an absolute knacker and we look very likely of getting dragged into the mire in the next few weeks.

Just call it as it is.

Maybe it because last season was such a huge surprise?... after getting twatted at Spurs in February on the back of a cup defeat at fuckin Brighton could anybody honestly have predicted what would happen next? Things may look a lot different a couple of months down the line. If last season taught us anything, and frankly CT getting to your age without realisisng this is one of life's truisms in general is fuckin ridiculous, its that, for the umpteenth fuckin time, WE'RE GOING TO NEED PATICENCE WITH ASHLEY, LAST SEASON SHOWED THAT HIS PLANS MIGHT JUST WORK, BUT ITS THE SAME WITH MOST THINGS, IT NEEDS FUCKIN TIME.

is that clear enough for you now mate?

Just call it as it is.

You say "there or there abouts" [sic] as if we were challenging for the title. What you mean is "we had an outside shot at finishing 4th but didn't".

The only thing brilliant about last season were the table in the end and individual performers standing out.

As a team we were - a handful of games aside - quite gash and boring to watch.

Easy to look back at a season finishing 5th and donning the proverbial rose-tinted ones...From an entertainment point of view - as a team - we were far from looking a top-5 side.

We took a fair few teams by surprise by playing such a - by newcastle standards - defensive-minded game. However its not very hard to counter once you realise that we set up like this every single game.

Simple - boss the midfield and we look like a flock of deers caught stealing apples from a field.

Maybe it because last season was such a huge surprise?... after getting twatted at Spurs in February on the back of a cup defeat at fuckin Brighton could anybody honestly have predicted what would happen next? Things may look a lot different a couple of months down the line. If last season taught us anything, and frankly CT getting to your age without realisisng this is one of life's truisms in general is fuckin ridiculous, its that, for the umpteenth fuckin time, WE'RE GOING TO NEED PATICENCE WITH ASHLEY, LAST SEASON SHOWED THAT HIS PLANS MIGHT JUST WORK, BUT ITS THE SAME WITH MOST THINGS, IT NEEDS FUCKIN TIME.

is that clear enough for you now mate?

No it's not. :)

You keep dragging everything back to Ashley.

Doesn't stop last season being good, this season being bad and people just calling it as it is at that time.

Is that simple enough for YOU?

You say "there or there abouts" [sic] as if we were challenging for the title. What you mean is "we had an outside shot at finishing 4th but didn't".

What I mean is that we came out of the blocks very well and maintained our position in the top echelons virtually all season.

But we never even once played or looked like a genuine top-5 team. To do that you must actually know how to boss the smaller games and avoid making every single little footy match the battle of Gettysburg.

WE NEEDED A BREAK AND WE DIDNT GET IT :lol:

The only thing brilliant about last season were the table in the end and individual performers standing out.

As a team we were - a handful of games aside - quite gash and boring to watch.

Easy to look back at a season finishing 5th and donning the proverbial rose-tinted ones...From an entertainment point of view - as a team - we were far from looking a top-5 side.

We took a fair few teams by surprise by playing such a - by newcastle standards - defensive-minded game. However its not very hard to counter once you realise that we set up like this every single game.

Simple - boss the midfield and we look like a flock of deers caught stealing apples from a field.

Sorry like, but it WAS a great season, especially bearing in mind our 5 or 6 year journey to get there.

Table was great, lots of wins, and shitloads of great goals.

I'd settle for a bit of that right now.

You're not really calling as it is. In both situations you've called it as it could be if you had absolutely no control over your emotions and let your imagination completely run away with you. Last season's girly squeals have been replaced with this season's plaintive screams.

You're not really calling as it is. In both situations you've called it as it could be if you had absolutely no control over your emotions and let your imagination completely run away with you. Last season's girly squeals have been replaced with this season's plaintive screams.

:lol:

No it's not. :)

You keep dragging everything back to Ashley.

Doesn't stop last season being good, this season being bad and people just calling it as it is at that time.

Is that simple enough for YOU?

You couldn't get any more simple.

Those of us that raised concerns over performance last year were laughed out of town (literally in LMs case) by you and Chezney Hawkes. Now all of those concerns from last season are proving correct as anticipated.

I think you should go on Twitter and offer the Mr Mag an apology.

:D