Newcastle v Maritimo

Gene_Clark

No it's not. :)

You keep dragging everything back to Ashley.

Doesn't stop last season being good, this season being bad and people just calling it as it is at that time.

Is that simple enough for YOU?

I'm actually saying Ashley may be taking us down the right path, which is a long way from where I was previously. The game he's playing, in these worldwide finacial circumstances, is the only one in town. We cant borrow like FFS did, theres not a financial institution out there that would lend any football club the money that we borrowed under him, and thats not a criticism of FFS, he wanted to take us places. So he's going about things the right way in the circumstances iyam. I still have huge reservations about the man, but for me the course we're on is the right one, and you thought the same fuckin thing last season.

A peek at the big picture always helps get perspective, but if the picture is knocked from the wall by a kneejerk everytime we play then no wonder you cant see it ;)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldn't get any more simple.

Those of us that raised concerns over performance last year were laughed out of town (literally in LMs case) by you and Chezney Hawkes. Now all of those concerns from last season are proving correct as anticipated.

I think you should go on Twitter and offer the Mr Mag an apology.

If only you could back any if that up ;)

Ashleys blueprint will never work for a myriad of reasons. On top of my head we buy banging deals not players we actually need.

We shop continental tiki-taka players like a drunken chelsea WAG yet we hire a hoofball manager.

We are not interested in players who are too old to offer a ROI a few years down the line, basically anyone over the age of 27 and hitting their zenith are past it in our books.

Basically we buy players for resale, not strengthening the squad. It will NEVER work long-term. Sometimes you need to get that 28 or 30 year old to stabilize the squad and offer some experience.

Look at Arteta, even Wenger who is a nigh-on paedophile realises this.

I'm actually saying Ashley may be taking us down the right path, which is a long way from where I was previously. The game he's playing, in these worldwide finacial circumstances, is the only one in town. We cant borrow like FFS did, theres not a financial institution out there that would lend any football club the money that we borrowed under him, and thats not a criticism of FFS, he wanted to take us places. So he's going about things the right way in the circumstances iyam. I still have huge reservations about the man, but for me the course we're on is the right one, and you thought the same fuckin thing last season.

A peek at the big picture always helps get perspective, but if the picture is knocked from the wall by a kneejerk everytime we play then no wonder you cant see it ;)

Hey , if you want to talk big picture that's fine, five year plan bla bla bla...

But that doesn't mean we can't also discuss the reality of the here and now, last season performance to this or last weeks game to this.

I consider last season a very good season

I consider this season so far a knacker

I lay most of the blame for this season at Pardews door

And finally, I can't even begin to consider "the Ashley plan" this season. The fact that he doesn't even turn up any more could be quite worrying.

Is 100% correct PL.

The "backup" kids (and Pardew) are not unmitigated shite CT, the problem is we've had to play way too many of them together in a patched up team time after time. Ideally your young depth would come in "occasionally" into a settled side not en masse to cover for the majority of your better players all at the same time (better players, many of whom, even when sporadically available, have underperformed).

You cannot expect expansive football when we have played our complete first choice XI (I think) for the sum total twenty five minutes at Sunderland all bloody season-ish.

January won’t fix this (even if Ashley splashed the cash, which he won’t) you’re not going to buy another Cabaye, Tiote, Colo, HBA or Cisse because even if you could, what happens when those players get fit again, few outside the bazillionaire clubs have anything like near-same quality replacements for their best players.

We have to suck it up, and as PL says, stay patient. Which sadly won’t happen and some of the youngsters may not recover from the vitriol from the stands.

I am I just cant back the manager or the board and owners anymore. Its a catch-22 situation.

Is it too much to ask for - a manager who wants to attack and owners who actually buy defenders and wingers every now and then?

Say an annual investment of 20 million pounds for transfers + 40-50% of big sales going back into the squad ( and they can book the rest for wages etc) say in the form of 18-19 year old monster talents from Europe.

Now many will call me deluded because they have been brainwashed by Pardews repetitive "cant compete" speeches, but we are NOT wigan ffs.

We are the only team in town and have a 52.000 seater stadium that would - if proper ownership was bestowed upon the club - be full to the brink every weekend.

Most fans dont expect top-4, what they do expect is attractive fotball, a few purchases every year and the promise that if a big gun is sold, replacements will be arranged for.

Its hardly too much to ask.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Hey , if you want to talk big picture that's fine, five year plan bla bla bla...

But that doesn't mean we can't also discuss the reality of the here and now, last season performance to this or last weeks game to this.

And finally, I can't even begin to consider "the Ashley plan" this season. The fact that he doesn't even turn up any more could be quite worrying.

Has anybody claimed we're playing well?

Its a bad run that could turn into a rut that could turn into blah blah blah....

Are you lashing out at Pardew because you were confidently predicting great things for us last season?...wrong again CT ;)

Hes messed up a fair bit this year and the better players have been lacklustre. The shite we have, have been well, err shite. Who's surprised? seemingly you and the fake scandy. Well boo fuckin hoo. We've been shite before and I expect you drifted away then as well....

If anythng good can come from our poor form, it's that it's made it extra clear that we need bodies in in January. It's shown Ashley/Llambias that we can't wing it, injuries have cost us and the young players are not yet ready to solidify their first team places. The owner took a gamble and it's not paid off. We need the same players we needed in the Summer, and I'd be prepared to sell Tiote (not been at his best and I've had enough of his embarrassing lack of disciplne and constant suspensions) if Ashley isn't prepared to put his hand in his own pocket.

Not that I expect anyone to come in in the window. Then again I thought the same last year and we brought in Cisse, which turned out to be a great bit of - significant - business and just what we needed.

And now he is running it like an ice cream truck with a horn, merely as a vehicle for Sportsdirect.

Speaking of ice cream, I've just realised who you look like. The spitting image version of Douglas Hurd.

I think Debuchy (from what I've seen of him) would massively improve our attacking play. With someone like him bombing down the wing and Ben Arfa more free to come inside we would put a lot of pressure on the opposition. Debuchy also looks to have pretty good delivery into the box which is something we lack from both sides of the pitch.

Improving on Simpson and Williamson would at least reduce the amount of goals conceded though. Wouldn't really affect our attacking play that much, although I don't doubt for a second that someone like Debuchy would be far more effective going forward than Simpson is.

Replacing those two along with a winger who can cross have to be our top priorities next time we go shopping.

Basically the first 10-12 games this season is last seasons first few without the luck - although the squad is stronger. We all knew the squad was small, we knew this last year but we were fortunate with suspensions & injuries, this season has been almost the polar opposite in that regard. You're behaving like a right little fanny, just turn up & get on with it. I don't suppose you were one of the arseholes booing last night?

You simplify every situation so you can draw the maximum attention out of it. Oh to be a house husband....

Get in Tom :lol:

Ive said this all along, people wondered what has gone wrong since last season which were "magnificent" according to some.

Actually nothing has gone wrong, its the same performances - only we are no longer robbing teams of points left and right with arse tap-ins.

Our results this seasons are a fairer - albeit both tottenham and west brom wins were daylight robbings - reflection on our play than last season.

Simply but we are getting the results we deserve - at last.