Southampton Away

ToonArmy1993

And change it to what? Change it back to 433 and Ba spits his dummy out and threatens to leave. This is why I was on about selling Ba earlier. A player who truly loves NUFC would play anywhere as long as we win. Perch does that, Raylor does that, Ba doesn't.

Would Shearer have played on the wing for half a season? Let alone play there all the time?

Centre forwards are notoriously selfish, greedy. They will want to play in their best position and given he is our best forward I don't see why he shouldn't. If we played that formation this season with Cisse playing as he is we would probably be in bigger shit.

I agree we need a shake up but this desperation to get rid of our most prominent goalscorer based on some belief we will suddenly be class is silly.

If we are to sell a striker so we can play that formation again why not sell the one who isn't scoring?

Edited by Gejon

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painfully bad performance yet again, not sure what's going on but we've went from playing controlled on the ground football to hoofball over the summer. This could have been 5-0 easily if we didn't have Krul they've killed us today, we've let Jason Puncheon look like Mesut Ozil ffs. There's not been one game in the league where we've looked comfortable like we did last year. I understand we've had injuries and suspensions but this is ridiculous, this is Southampton's first clean sheet and we've barely made them work for it. We don't even look drilled at the back like we did last year which makes me nervous something's going on behind the scenes.

That was truly dreadful. It could've been 5 or 6 and we've been lucky to escape with 'only' a 2-0 hiding. You can't even try to explain why as it's, by and large, the same players as last season who are playing such shit this season.

Alarming. Any team can have an off day but we've now lost 3 games in a row that we should win 9/10 times.

Mind you, can't remember one game this season where we've actually played well.

Seriously...we're 4 points above the relegation spots with a few other "shit" teams getting a bit of a roll going.

Either they are not putting any thought into who we are going to replace him with (Mark Hughes is likely to be high on the list given his current employment status) or they genuinely believe 'anyone would do better'.

Given how many atrocious managers we have had in recent years you would think some would learn.

Silly comment really.

Nobody likes instability but at some point if things don't improve you either give up or take action.

Serious question. At any point would you consider Pardew out? Or are you happy to stick with him even of this run continues and we fall into the bottom 3?

Played 3 rubbish teams now, and put in 3 performances that take you back to Allardyce/Roeder days. Says it all really.

You'd think a team with a bit of self respect would have at least tried to improve after the absolute crap served against West Ham and Swansea. But no, they just keep getting worse just when we think they possibly couldn't.

Well done lads, doing us proud.

How is it silly? If Pardew goes, who will come in that'll be a drastic improvement?

Remember - Ashley once appointed Joe Kinnear. Joe Kinnear. He'd probably still be at the club if his heart worked better.

Immaterial second guessing what happens next. We never get that luxury of knowing who a replacement would be.

The first question ( and you can answer it too), at one point dovyouvsay sorry Al its not working ?

Another dismal performence and to be truthful I expected it and was confident we would lose to a bottom three team.

I'm not suggesting Pardew should be sacked but I do reccomend Ashley should be searching for a replacement.

Why would Pardew put Sammy in when he had such a rubbish last game.

What did Pardew expect to gain by putting Perch in with 3 minutes left of stoppage time?

The woodwork was probably our best goal stopper today!!

Ba & Cisse had as much striking ability as two spent Swan Vestas.

I'm mad as hell, I'm too old to be suffering this much punishment.

Silly comment really.

Nobody likes instability but at some point if things don't improve you either give up or take action.

Serious question. At any point would you consider Pardew out? Or are you happy to stick with him even of this run continues and we fall into the bottom 3?

Look at Moyes at Everton, do you think they want rid? Considering our spending is similar now and he certainly went through his first few years bouncing up and down the table (In fact it was not until his 6th season that they managed to get a stable record). His first 5 seasons were 15th, 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th..

We desperately need to give a manager time, since SBR left it has been a complete joke.

I am not advocating just letting performances get shitter and shitter until we are fucked but a dozen games isn't enough imo, especially as we aren't rooted to the bottom of the able with all the other teams steaming away. We are doing poorly and the performances are a shambles but we need to be sensible, as said there isn't a top class manager desperate to take over either. Ashley has shown the type of manager he would approach (ie no compensation) so unless Guardiola really fancies something different I don't fancy our chances.

Edited by Gejon

So answer the question then? How long would you let this go on before acting?

To be honest I don't have a set figure in my head, I just think it's very important not to go 'Fuck, it's not working, let's change it again!' as soon as things go a bit sour.

Oh well. It feels like good old Newcastle again now and a good old Newcastle forum as well. Last season was a little bit of a bonus from the footballing Gods for us it seems.

Normal service has been restored.

Another disappointing performance, hopefully come january we'll grab some fresh blood in, keep key players and start a fresh fight up the table.

Tactics are not working with what we've got. But regardless, getting on their back aint gonna achieve anything, just strap in and keep in mind it can't ever get as bad as 2008 again!!