Next Season

Is any one else filled with complete dread. This close season has been awful. I liked the signing of Parker. I think Emre to me is an unknown quantity he is good in Italy but the game is so different. We have let go Ambrose who scored some goals at the end of the season and was a good squad player who could improve. We are looking to sign a fat useless git a lazy git and a workhorse. We have also lost our best attacking optin and someone I wasnt a fan of. Everyone around us seems to have strengthened where we have weakened. I have no optimism about this season. I think we are going to fail horribly and so does Given which is why he hasn't signed a new contract. We have a tactically inept manager the like of which we havent seen since Dogleash and Gullet and at least they had pedigree. This ones a complete mongrel. If we finish higher than we did this season and if we win any of our 1st six games I will come on here and eat humble pie. But I think it's sarnies for me.

Is the signing of Emre that great? Apparently he's here for less than 5 million which coming from Inter Milan, suggests that they dont rate him that highly. We sold a striker to Blackburn who Graeme Souness passed off as "nothing special" for more than that.

Parker could be a good signing, only time will tell but the others are less than average.

Sign of mid table mediocrity at best - at worst relegation fodder (and with our injury history and so called "team spirit" we'll be lucky for the former)

I am filled with equal dread, and have the same reservations about Emre.

I have never, ever, in 40 years, felt the way I do about Newcastle as I do at the moment.

I hate this manager. I despise him, he is a failure, a fool, a bully, a coward, incompetent and is destroying the club. I have a mental image of his pacemaker speeding up whenever Robert criticised him on his website and it makes me smile.

I have a mental image of Craig Bellamy telling us, when Souness is sacked, " I told you so and I didnt' want to go but this liar and total idiot gave me no choice".

I have a mental image of some "proper" Blackburn and Liverpool fans feeling genuinely sorry for us because they have suffered as we are.

I have a mental image of others laughing at us for being so stupid as to appoint him in the first place, and some of us for STILL believing we should give him time.

I am not optimistic about our chances on the field next season because I do not have faith in the chairman or manager.

However I am buoyed by the fact that both could be nearing the end of their respective reigns.

It's certainly not time to be talking about relegation. For all our faults, an improved strikeforce puts us a country mile ahead of this years candidates.

:lol:

yes the sky is going to fall on our heads!

(a quote from gaulish mythology)

if we win on weds willu airheads stop ur poinless rambling????

6287[/snapback]

Pointless?

If we win on Wednesday then we're 2 games away from getting a place in the UEFA...wowweee something we should have done automatically months ago. Im not the most pessimistic of posters by a long shot but everybody must be able to see that we aint exactly setting great grounds pre-season.

yes the sky is going to fall on our heads!

(a quote from gaulish mythology)

if we win on weds willu airheads stop ur poinless rambling????

6287[/snapback]

Pointless?

If we win on Wednesday then we're 2 games away from getting a place in the UEFA...wowweee something we should have done automatically months ago. Im not the most pessimistic of posters by a long shot but everybody must be able to see that we aint exactly setting great grounds pre-season.

6289[/snapback]

i couldn't care less weather we win on wed. If we do then we have a chance of getting in the UEFA cup, if we don't then we have a season to concentrate on the leauge, do you really think that our opinions of souness and the team will change on the basis of a virtually meaningless game womblemaster?

Imagine we win and eventually get into Europe for real, or we fail and we do finally get kicked out just remember the excuses,

we've played too many games,

we have'nt got the squad,

it gave us a good platform,

we never expected to get this far and I am sure we can all add a few more, we've all heard them before.

This manager, Mr Sourness, is an absolute nightmare.

The best quote of all was when he was appointed, "the best squad of players I've had the pleasure to work with."

Soon messed this one up Mr Sourness, when will it end....only when he's sacked!

I was optimistic early doors when he cleared out the shite. Unfortunately, he hasn't replaced them with anyone apart from an overly agressive journeyman CB who likes a drink (allegedly).

I've reached a point where I'm just not worrying about it anymore. Trying to block it out.

There was a guy on talk sport yesterday saying what a wonderful job Souness had done so far, how he was the best thing that had happened to our club in years.

Where do cretins like this come from? How can even the most aredent Souness admirer claim he has done a wonderful job so far? :lol:

Expectations have been lowered so much that premiership survival will now be regarded as a success. Get used to years of mind-numbingly dull games like we witnessed last week. Incredibly, some posters on here (or maybe TC) thought that was a fantastic performance, despite us virtually not having an attacking move over the 90 minutes. Apperently this is acceptable to some, even fantastic.

To be honest, I think there are very frightening parrallels between what's happening to us and the mackems two years ago. No doubt that comment will cause the Souness "more timers" to arrogantly guffaw with laughter, but the similarities are there for all to see. And consider this: if one or two of the promoted sides find their feet quickly then the pressure will be on from the start. Do we have the morale for a relegation fight? Where are our goals going to come from? Is our defence improved sufficiently - last year it was the worst it ever has been since we were promoted?

Gloomy times ahead indeed. :lol: