JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

http://www.guardian....-united-england

Louise Taylor and Pardew both think he should be playing for England :lol:

Tbf, he's done great since he came back. Is he better than Lescott, Jagielka,Cahill etc etc?..

I don't think he's as good as Lescott or Jagielka, but if you look at the fact Ryan Shawcross has been capped for England then on current form Taylor deserves to be there too.

I was thinking that yesterday watching the match.For me, Shawcross is a good defender but a limited footballer to say the least. England games 22nd & 26th of this month. Stevie's the form man and may know a bit too much for San Marino & Montenegro...it will make those 87 U21 caps seem worth it :D

No mention of it on MOTD but did Begovic not hit Taylor just before the freekick was taken? The linesman came on the pitch and talked to the ref but he didn't speak to either one of them. From where I was in the East Stand he certainly seemed to strike him.

I've been one of his biggest critics, but...

Love to see us passing it out of defense again.

How many of his passes were to Mbiwa? Is MYM making himself more readily available for the simple pass than Colo does?

How many of his passes were to Mbiwa? Is MYM making himself more readily available for the simple pass than Colo does?

I thought it might say more about the bloke behind him than alongside him.

Been impressed how much Elliot looks for a defender in space to pass to rather than just twatting it. I think Colo is as available for passes as Mbiwa is, but it's much rarer that Krul will look for that simple short route out. Means Taylor sees much more of the ball in unpressured situations where he can lift his head and pick out someone easy.

Krul has Williamson right in front of him as well as Simpson not looking for the ball on the right and weaker players playing ahead of them most of the season so maybe it's no wonder that he's had to look longer a lot more this season. Possibly under instructions from Pardew too (certainly when Shola's played).

I've also noticed that Yanga Mbiwa does look to get the ball short pretty much every time Elliot get's it. I know Colo does a lot too but MYM even more so.