Steven Taylor

JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the criteria.

We have had some poor players make a handful of appearances.

But on longevity of shitness, he's in the top 1.

maxresdefault.jpg

317.jpgbramble-newcastle.jpg

Fereday is usually the name that crops up whenever a Worst XI pops up.

Taylor is currently awful and has been average for a while, but he's had periods where he's shown promise/been decent.

Fereday is usually the name that crops up whenever a Worst XI pops up.

Taylor is currently awful and has been average for a while, but he's had periods where he's shown promise/been decent.

Aye Fereday was shite. Taylor wouldn't come close to a worst eleven from my lifetime. I admit I can't think of anyone other than Shola and Williamson who are worse but have played close to the amount of games he has. But that's because the real shit ones were so bad even we wouldn't keep them here.

Obertan, Marveaux, Gouffran, Guivach, Dummett, Megson, Riley, Cunningham. There's a ridiculous amount who are far shitter than he is.

Paul Moran, Billy Askew, Darron McDonough...the list is endless.

Point is after a short period of time the lack of ability was spotted and they were moved on.

Even Fereday never got a second season.

Shola is the only challenger and even then I can remember games where he looked unplayable. Or maybe a half. Or a 15 minute spell. Or that one time when he...

Aye Fereday was shite. Taylor wouldn't come close to a worst eleven from my lifetime. I admit I can't think of anyone other than Shola and Williamson who are worse but have played close to the amount of games he has. But that's because the real shit ones were so bad even we wouldn't keep them here.

I was just working out which players would be remembered by people on here and it's only just dawned on me that a 16yr old could be posting on here and:

• have been born after Valentines Day 2000 (conceived just before that Man Utd FA Cup final)
  • won't remember Robson and the Champions League and all that,
  • won't remember Shearer as he was
  • the most likeable manager they've had is Hughton (bar Benitez, but he's only here in the interim)

Poor bastards

Point is after a short period of time the lack of ability was spotted and they were moved on.

Shola is the only challenger and even then I can remember games where he looked unplayable. Or maybe a half. Or a 15 minute spell. Or that one time when he...

Taylor's had more good games than Shola imo

Yeah but all of those players are miles worse than Taylor. He might not be one of our best players and might be up there with the worst who have played over a hundred games for us, but he's nowhere near one of our worst ever.

I was just working out which players would be remembered by people on here and it's only just dawned on me that a 16yr old could be posting on here and:

• have been born after Valentines Day 2000 (conceived just before that Man Utd FA Cup final)
  • won't remember Robson and the Champions League and all that,
  • won't remember Shearer as he was
  • the most likeable manager they've had is Hughton (bar Benitez, but he's only here in the interim)
Poor bastards

Brightens up my day to think there's poor bastards who have so little to look back on. At least I can remember going to Wembley & The Nou Camp and all those great games under Keegan and Robson. Why anyone would support us if all they know is Souness onwards is well beyond me.

Yeah but all of those players are miles worse than Taylor. He might not be one of our best players and might be up there with the worst who have played over a hundred games for us, but he's nowhere near one of our worst ever.

You're right, but I am struggling to think of a player I hate more than him.

He just made Shane Long look like Messi.

You're right, but I am struggling to think of a player I hate more than him.

He just made Shane Long look like Messi.

Sissoko. He's the only Newcastle player I've ever hated. I can forgive all kinds of incompetence but his lack of effort is a fucking disgrace.

Thing is, he has the physique, had the pace, has played along some class centrebacks, he could have been quality, he could have been an apex predator dominating his territory, but instead he's ...

158591_original.gif

Brightens up my day to think there's poor bastards who have so little to look back on. At least I can remember going to Wembley & The Nou Camp and all those great games under Keegan and Robson. Why anyone would support us if all they know is Souness onwards is well beyond me.

:lol: you heartless bugger.

I think he'll be offered a new deal when we get relegated and Rafa leaves. He's a Championship level defender (or at least was, I'm not so sure he's even that on recent performances) who Ashley wont have to pay substantially so I imagine that will lead to him being kept.

Taylor and Colo were like Baresi and Costacurta last time in the 2nd. Both wouldn't be as good this time but I was genuinely surprised how easy it was for players who struggled like fuck only months earlier in the PL.

From The Times.

Steven Taylor may have played his last game for Newcastle United with Rafael Benítez preparing to drop the former club captain as a result of his calamitous defending during Saturday’s 3-1 defeat away to Southampton.

The fallout from that defeat continued yesterday when it was revealed that Daryl Janmaat, the Dutch international defender, suffered two broken fingers after he punched the dressing room wall and Taylor is likely to emerge as another casualty.
Taylor has started three of Benítez’s four matches in charge at St James’ Park, but the new manager has lost patience with him.

I think he'll be offered a new deal when we get relegated and Rafa leaves. He's a Championship level defender (or at least was, I'm not so sure he's even that on recent performances) who Ashley wont have to pay substantially so I imagine that will lead to him being kept.

In terms of defence I think Janmaat, Taylor and Mbemba will leave