Steven Taylor

JawD

Not lining up to have a go at him. He was a decent player for us at times and I think his heart was in the right place. But as the thread title says, he's thicker than whale spunk and rarely fit. Time to move on. Colo needs to be the next one out of the door.

Well said.

He's far from the best defender to pull the shirt on, but his love for NUFC is evident.

Good luck to him, and thanks for the plethora of comedy moments he's given us.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst centre half in the premier league last season.

The man's a fucking goon. He has a habit of embarassing himself at the worst possible time. Year after year after year

The worst centre half in the premier league last season.

[b{The man's a fucking goon. He has a habit of embarassing himself [/b]at the worst possible time. Year after year after year

If only one had such self awareness, eh?

Aye I agree about the vibe. If he'd gone in different circumstances I think people might have been pissed off that we were losing players from the squad. But now with Rafa it just feels like we are moving on from him. And given that majority of his time here hasn't been while the club has been particularly positive, it's a good thing to be moving on.

You've got that viiiiiibe.

*Steven's got it*

Viiiiiibe.

*Rafa's got it*

Viiiiiibe.

Wanna let you know that you've got that viiiiiibe.

Looked like he was going to be canny when he was young but he actually regressed tbh. The club kept him around to point to and say he was back up but in all honesty he was injured too much to really back any of our defensive positions up, so for that reason it's good he's going as they'll have to actually bring in someone that might make it onto a football pitch. I will say that Taylor is perhaps one of the least intelligent players I've ever seen at NUFC which is an impressive feat.

I agree with Alex that Benitez will probably look to make Mbemba and Lascelles the partnership, there's definitely promise in that pairing and a season in the championship with Benitez coaching them will do a good deal for them. Hope to see Colocinni follow Taylor out the door soon and Benitez can start building a squad.

Edited by Howay

I like Saylor, always have.

WHY?

Well because.........

Foreign born self proclaimed Geordie.

Loves Newcastle and proud to be one of us.

Always tried his best.

Never gave up in any battle.

Someone to have in the trenches.

Value over the years he has spent with us far out-weighs his flawed performances.

Potential ruined by so many injuries.

Shades of Keegan/Shola here which is a good sign.

As others have said his heart was in the right place and he served us well at times but right decision now for everyone.

How full of shit is Charnley or am I missing something. How the FUCK has he "known Steven Taylor since he joined the club as a teenager" ?????

Also, I really wish we'd buy before we release, I know there's time but how few defenders can we live with?

Edited by scoobos

How full of shit is Charnley or am I missing something. How the FUCK has he "known Steven Taylor since he joined the club as a teenager" ?????

Also, I really wish we'd buy before we release, I know there's time but how few defenders can we live with?

Youre missing the fact that Charnleys been at the club since the days of the Halls/Shepherd and worked his way up from office junior

• 1 month later...

The negotiations.

Agent-" We've had an offer from Portland ,Tayls, I think it's the best we're going to get."

Taylor - " Ah divvent fancy the south coast, full of cockneys."

Agent-" No no, Portland in the Pacific North West"

Taylor-" North West? Near Carlisle? Belta, I'll nip across the A69 and still be home in time for peeve."

Agent-" No Steven, the Pacific North West. Across the pond, you know?"

Taylor- " Whaat?? What about the tsunamis and talibans and that?

No way"

Agent -" It's in AMERICA man! The USA"

Taylor- " Mint!

Will I get to meet the Fonz? I want to meet the Fonz. I'm not signing unless I get to meet the Fonz"

Agent-" Ok Steven, leave it with me...."

*mutters - " Jeeeesus"