Steven Taylor

JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i say something racist that makes me a racist or at the very least an ex-racist. given that what he posted on twitter was not racist there is no issue.

to suggest that you can make racist actions and not be a racist is not possible. what taylor posted was some considerable way off racism.

Terrible sentence construction aside, are you stating that it's impossible to make a racist action without being racist?

That would be a nazi salute wouldn't it!

I wouldn't recommend it at white hart lane

But you said if I were to do that, I'm a racist. Regardless of where, when and the context. If I make that gesture, I'm a racist?

You're an idiot.

It's largely a semantics argument. Something may have been said or an action may have been taken without any racist intent, but it can certainly be construed as racist by someone else. So the statement or action itself wasn't racist but the interpretation of it was.

In this case I wonder if anyone has actually felt persecuted or belittled by Taylor's picture. Perhaps Anita, though we're all victims of dated looks retrospectively.

It's largely a semantics argument. Something may have been said or an action may have been taken without any racist intent, but it can certainly be construed as racist by someone else. So the statement or action itself wasn't racist but the interpretation of it was.

In this case I wonder if anyone has actually felt persecuted or belittled by Taylor's picture. Perhaps Anita, though we're all victims of dated looks retrospectively.

*anti-semantic

cannot fathom how people still get taken in by desmond's strikingly obvious wummery :razz: