Steven Taylor

JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sky Sports understands Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has emerged as a target for several overseas clubs.

Taylor's future at Newcastle has been the subject of conjecture this season after finding himself down the pecking order in Alan Pardew's plans.

The 28-year-old, who came through the ranks at Newcastle, has made only 10 appearances this season and clubs are keeping tabs on his situation at St James' Park.

The likes of Valencia and Fenerbahce are thought to be two teams who are weighing up a move for the former England Under-21 international.

Taylor, who has two years left on his current deal at Newcastle, would be loathe to leave his boyhood club, but he could tempted away for a new challenge if he continues to find first-team chances limited.

Agent Jonathan Hope, who is working on behalf of Taylor, told Sky Sports: "There are several clubs who are interested in Steven.

"He has been at Newcastle for 10 years and he loves the club and the fans.

"I think that was obvious from his celebration after scoring last week against Cardiff.

"His focus is on Sunday's game with Liverpool, but interest to secure his services should he leave Newcastle is high."

Remember when he played against, Bolton was it, as a 17 year old and was touted as a future English captain. You could see the reason for that because technically he had all the attributes. Too bad his head has never been in the right place.

That celebration last week was moronic. And I'll never forget his antics against Villa, disgraceful.

Wont mind one bit if he leaves but he's not the worst player to have on the bench and as with the likes of Perch and Guthrie he probably wont be replaced.

Aye seemed like he would become a really good player when he first come through, iirc Tony Adams rated him really highly when he had him on loan. Sadly though he never really progressed, I'd prefer we kept him as he is decent backup but we pay him like a starter and he's got a very inflated opinion of himself so I could see why they'd be willing to sell him.

Remember when he played against, Bolton was it, as a 17 year old and was touted as a future English captain. You could see the reason for that because technically he had all the attributes. Too bad his head has never been in the right place.

Was at fault for a goal after about 3 minutes wasn't he? :lol:

Was at fault for a goal after about 3 minutes wasn't he? :lol:

Dont remember that to be honest. I suppose much wouldnt have been made of it anyway at that time considering his age and experience. Little did we know it was a sign of things to come.

Shocking how little of our academy talent has gone on to become dependable premier league quality as compared to other clubs. Really hope this Armstrong kid can put an end to that.