Steven Taylor

JawD

I'd rather see a completely revised England side full of young potential, and write off the next tournament in aid of building something rather than relying on the usual suspects of Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole et al.

Fully agree. The WC shouldn't be used as a swansong for aging English players who've never quite delivered on the international scene.

Edited by BigWalrus

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that as if those players are keeping down a bright new golden generation of English talent. You can blood youth but if they're not good enough then they're not good enough, look at some of the players who've recently received their first call up, many of them simply aren't international standard (Forster aside of course).

Fuckers bound to get injured now! I'm still not convinced he deserves it btw. He put in a performance against Anzi that any defender in the world would have been happy with but he was fucking dreadful for Southampton's first goal the other week.

Still good to see one of our own in the England squad.

Well deserved call up. He's been one of our best players in some recent games and its not like England have many better players in that position available for selection right now.

Bet he pops his shoulder out again or something while training with that lot

I really hope he does, as much as I am disinterested in England, he's such an honest lad that I want him to do well. Who knows, he might rub off on some of the others...

I really hope he does, as much as I am disinterested in England, he's such an honest lad that I want him to do well. Who knows, he might rub off on some of the others...

If he does, he will get injured and we will be back to relying on Mike Williamson.

http://www.guardian....ence-san-marino

Theyre going to play Carrick at centre back according to this

Taylor cant handle the sub conference standard attack of San Marino then? :lol:

What is the fuckin point of calling him up if you're to humiliate the bloke by doing this?

Eh?

I think that San Marino wont get out of their half so playing a midfielder with a bit of creativity in defence makes sense to me.

Its a double bill as well so we play on Tuesday too.

Edited by Holden McGroin