Steven Taylor

JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of this posturing is McKay though? Taylor is a limited footballer, but he's good enough for Mike Ashley's ambitions for the club. I can see him getting another contract extension simply because it's cheaper to do that, than buy a replacement.

I really hoped he'd kick on alongside Coloccini, but injuries and being a bit simple has meant he's still the well-meaning idiot teenager with potential.

• 1 month later...

d50d.png
He should get slaughtered for that but he won't.

Not sure about that, I had BBC Newcastle on while I was pottering about and he was taking pelters left, right and centre in the phone in. John Anderson could barely put up any defence for him which is unusual. It wasn't just about this performance, a lot of them gave the impression they'd given up all hope on him.

What is he doing there though... the thing is he probably did play well, but the only thing I can remember him doing is that run from defence which immediately made me nervous as no one on the rest of the team seemed to know what was going to happen.

In contrast, MYM manages to get upfield, has good control and retention, but then gets back down again when things go wrong. He can be relied upon more if he pushes up.

EDIT - And Williamson just doesn't push up.

Edited by Rayvin

• 4 weeks later...

Steven Taylor feels the media are to blame for Newcastle United's woes

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor has blamed the media for the storm surrounding Newcastle United at the moment

steven-taylor-6434102.jpg

Newcastle United's Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor has blamed the media for the storm surrounding Newcastle United at the moment.

The Toon defender, though, says that, despite losing to Sunderland in their third derby in a row and finding themselves off the pace, the Magpies’ team spirit will not be broken.

United were no match for Chelsea on Saturday and while they battled, with the Blues powering in 18 shots to Newcastle’s 16, the clinical finishing of Eden Hazard made it a straight-forward win for Chelsea.

Afterwards Taylor went on the defensive and said: “It is just the media and speculation and what everybody wants to write about that is causing a few things.

“They can say what they want but the players and the coaching staff are just going to stick together because we are in it together.”

Reflecting on United’s fifth defeat of the year so far, Taylor added: “It was difficult for us. We started off pretty well, the lads dug in at times when it was difficult but when you give Chelsea opportunities like we did, with the quality they have, it is always going to be difficult.

“I think all their players have star quality, even the players on their bench. They are always going to be difficult to play against.”

In analysing where it all went wrong against the Blues Taylor said: “I thought we dealt with pretty much everything in the first half except for the two goals we gave away but we created good chances before their second goal and we could have gone level with Moussa’s (Sissoko) chance.

“We had three great chances there and on another day they could have gone in.”

Now United face a home game with Tottenham as they bid to win their first game without midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Taylor said: “We just have to keep building.

“Wednesday is a massive night at St James’ Park and for us hopefully we can get three points if we can take the game to Tottenham and attack.”

:lol:

Fucking Hell

Edit: Special mention to the picture they used

Edited by The Fish

So Pardew blamed the fans after the Sunderland game. This fucker blames the media I mean I couldn't have nothing to do with the team picked and the way they play could it ffs. Talk about pass the buck.

:lol:

The first one

GallowgateShots @gallowgateshots

Follow

#asktayls

What would you rather fight,

1 Andy Carroll sized duck or 10 duck sized Andy Carrolls ?

12:15 PM - 9 Feb 2014