Steven Taylor

JawD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny, a suspension or injury away from Williamson starting 5 years after we bought him, in the Championship, from mighty Portsmouth, who despite being shite never played him in the year he was there.

Canny, a suspension or injury away from Williamson starting 5 years after we bought him, in the Championship, from mighty Portsmouth, who despite being shite never played him in the year he was there.

Wasn't that because they couldn't afford to play him? Some contractual clause?

Wasn't that because they couldn't afford to play him? Some contractual clause?

I dunno mate, even funnier if they couldn't tbh.

I know Williamson has played circa 150 games for us, more than Les Ferdinand, Tino Asprilla, David Batty and David Ginola for example. Its not good enough.

I can barely remember a time when I didn't think the club needed a centre-half (i,e, at least one). Seems like we've been crying out for one for fucking years.

Even more annoying is that I reckon Mbemba/Mbwia would have made a canny partnership. Ridiculous he wasn't given a good run in the side because Coloccini is undroppable

Even more annoying is that I reckon Mbemba/Mbwia would have made a canny partnership. Ridiculous he wasn't given a good run in the side because Coloccini is undroppable

Yep. Especially as the latter looks past his sell-by date.

Colo is fucking crap and has been for most of his career at Newcastle, had two or so seasons where he was brilliant but either side of them he has been horrible.

bit harsh. it took his first season with us, when they were all shite tbf, for him to adapt to the english game, but since then he's generally been our best defender. that is until the last season or two when his age caught up with him. i think his best days are behind him but he's still our most composed centre half. he's not being helped by the lack of experienced, solid defenders around him.

i read that louise taylor bint saying we should move him to the centre midfield holding role, where he's excelled for argentina. might not be a bad idea if we had one or two other centre backs who weren't either shit or always injured. as it is, he has to start at centre half.