Pardew's excuses

DubiousBobcat

My point was less about me being a Pardew fanboy, which I never have been, and more about the ridiculousness of saying we should sack him, at this point in the season, all because of a drop in form.

I don't deny we aren't playing well, but I , and most others, can see why. It's not entirely due to the manager, but neither is he blame free.

Completely agree.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I must be missing something that I am sure will be explained better. From what I read into that, it's not so ridiculous to suggest sacking him and I didn't see any argument as to why he is the right man for the job.

Ok so the players are performing badly. Blame is placed. Thats all well and fine.

But WHY are they performing badly? ALSO down to the manager.

Any blame you place on them automatically transfers to pardew.

Fitness? His responsibility.

Morale? His responsibility.

Positioning and general decisionmaking on the pitch? His responsibility.

I accept blaming the players but that does not by any means detract any blame from Pardew.

The first one out the door when a team is failing is the manager. I wonder why..

Come on then Pardew Out Crew- let's hear who you want to replace him?

All I'm hearing so far is ......

....... Fuck all

But we are hearing fuck all from you as to why he is the man for the job! It goes both ways dude. If he is the best out there for us at this moment in time then great! We are truly lucky to have him.

The point he's the best man for Mike Ashley.If you're asking me who'd do a better job I'd rather have Pep Guardiola as coach and Johan Cruyff as director of football :D

This is the crux of it.

We were told we were in for X,Y and Z over summer. Nothing happened.

We are told they are waiting for Pardew to tell them which players he wants. Nothing happens

We are told many things ....

... by people running the club who are proven liars to fans, media and managers.

But let's sack Pardew.

Clowns... THE only reason we're failing to perform this season is the lack of vision the owner had in not strengthening the team when he had the chance. Pardew isn't helping by trying to play the same way as we did last season when we're rammed with injuries, the players coming in aren't up to it but that combined with the fact we've shown zero ambition during the summer has really let us down. It's been Fatty and Dekka's fault all along but then anyone with half a brain has known that from the start.

Regardless of who is the right next man to manage Newcastle, (And lets face it, there will be a next one), the undeniable truth is that Pardew currently looks like a rabbit in the headlights. That cant be allowed to continue all season.

Either he turns it around or he goes.... Its just timing. (As it usually is in football).

This is the crux of it.

We were told we were in for X,Y and Z over summer. Nothing happened.

We are told they are waiting for Pardew to tell them which players he wants. Nothing happens

We are told many things ....

... by people running the club who are proven liars to fans, media and managers.

But let's sack Pardew.

Ok, we seem to be avoiding the question about Pardew. I know about all of the above and 100% agree on that but it's not the question. I'm not asking again so we agree to disagree. It's been fun...

Clowns... THE only reason we're failing to perform this season is the lack of vision the owner had in not strengthening the team when he had the chance. Pardew isn't helping by trying to play the same way as we did last season when we're rammed with injuries, the players coming in aren't up to it but that combined with the fact we've shown zero ambition during the summer has really let us down. It's been Fatty and Dekka's fault all along but then anyone with half a brain has known that from the start.

We almost avoided calling each other names and being abusive. Had to happen eventually. Can't we ever have a debate without that crap? it doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Some will listen and learn something and I'm hoping I'll change my opinion on Pardew as its frustrating. I want stability but the consistent lack of tactics concern the hell out of me.

Why would the players want to go though another season fighting tooth and nail to finish as high up in the league as they can, in the hope that the club pushes forward like last season, only to be let down again when there was no reward in putting those performances in last season, when no real improvement was made in the summer?

Why would the players want to go though another season fighting tooth and nail to finish as high up in the league as they can, in the hope that the club pushes forward like last season, only to be let down again when there was no reward in putting those performances in last season, when no real improvement was made in the summer?

Fair point.

Fair point. This is why I'm worried about losing our best players anyway. We know Colo is committed to us, I don't know about Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba....

I think people do underestimate the importance of how the players are feeling. Raylor's goal against Sunderland last year got everyone excited to play for the club and believing in our abilities, I don't think we would have had quite such an amazing early start if it had hit the bar. Was the lighting of last seasons fuse.

You can have vague pops at the tactics (do you think it's as simple as saying 'right lads, stop the hoofball now, we'll play it on the ground for a few games'?) but they really haven't changed much since this time last year, bar that run of 4-3-3. Where the players are emotionally has been the biggest difference imo and SCSI has nailed the biggest cause of that.

Edited by jonasjuice

But we are hearing fuck all from you as to why he is the man for the job! It goes both ways dude. If he is the best out there for us at this moment in time then great! We are truly lucky to have him.

Pardew is the right man for the job because of his 5th place finish last season has bought him a bit of time. He's getting the benefit of the doubt from most supporters and almost certainly more than that level of support from the man who's just given him an 8 year contract. That won't last long though, certainly not from the supporters if things continue to go wrong. He's only the right man for the job if he can turn things round in other words, and we can't tell if he will or won't.

Theres better managers out there than Pardew, yes. Does that answer your question better?.......

Sam Allardyce always seems to do well at clubs in a bit of bother. Any takers?....Tony Pulis knows how to scrap for points, but theyre both employed. As are Laudrup at Swansea, Jol at Fulham and Martinez at Wigan, Lambert at Villa, Clarke is a novice manager at WBA, dodgy call that one etc etc...would Ashley pay up any of their contracts mid season and a huge lump of compo to their clubs?...

Alan Curbishley did a great job at Charlton and when they thought they could do better they ended up in divison 3. Mark Hughes produces rock hard teams when he's allowed a shout at who actually comes in on the playing staff. Anyone else?..Glen Hoddle?.....Alex McLeish?...all without a job...Terry Venables?..he produced some cracking teams to watch, LBT would love him, but I think he turned Ashley down around the time Kinnear was appointed. Whose appointment, incidentally, lead to the last time a mananger was sacked for losing 4 in a row at NUFC, and beleive it or not that was Chrissy Hughton....who'd have thunk it? :lol:..... Craig Levein's probably waiting for a call, but Robbie Di Matteo is on gardening leave after his Chelsea affair turned sour.

Experienced hands in the championship?...Warnock or Holloway for example? an old boy to get the crowd on side?...Lee Clark?..foreign managers?.... I tell you who always impressed me, Hector Cuper, brilliant defensive coach. He'd sort Willo out, probably get him an England cap or two.2 Champions League finals with Valencia. Now at Ordispur in Turkey. Klaus Toppmoller, brilliant at Leverkusen, not in work but likely to be pissed as we speak. Koemans at Feyenoord, is Klinsmann still enjoying the California sunshine?...

Feel free to add to the list, there are probably dozens you could argue are better coaches than Pardew and you could also argue that they could all do a better job than he's doing at the moment.

Pardew is the right man for the job because of his 5th place finish last season has bought him a bit of time. He's getting the benefit of the doubt from most supporters and almost certainly more than that level of support from the man who's just given him an 8 year contract. That won't last long though, certainly not from the supporters if things continue to go wrong. He's only the right man for the job if he can turn things round in other words, and we can't tell if he will or won't.

Theres better managers out there than Pardew, yes. Does that answer your question better?.......

Sam Allardyce always seems to do well at clubs in a bit of bother. Any takers?....Tony Pulis knows how to scrap for points, but theyre both employed. As are Laudrup at Swansea, Jol at Fulham and Martinez at Wigan, Lambert at Villa, Clarke is a novice manager at WBA, dodgy call that one etc etc...would Ashley pay up any of their contracts mid season and a huge lump of compo to their clubs?...

Alan Curbishley did a great job at Charlton and when they thought they could do better they ended up in divison 3. Mark Hughes produces rock hard teams when he's allowed a shout at who actually comes in on the playing staff. Anyone else?..Glen Hoddle?.....Alex McLeish?...all without a job...Terry Venables?..he produced some cracking teams to watch, LBT would love him, but I think he turned Ashley down around the time Kinnear was appointed. Whose appointment, incidentally, lead to the last time a mananger was sacked for losing 4 in a row at NUFC, and beleive it or not that was Chrissy Hughton....who'd have thunk it? :lol:..... Craig Levein's probably waiting for a call, but Robbie Di Matteo is on gardening leave after his Chelsea affair turned sour.

Experienced hands in the championship?...Warnock or Holloway for example? an old boy to get the crowd on side?...Lee Clark?..foreign managers?.... I tell you who always impressed me, Hector Cuper, brilliant defensive coach. He'd sort Willo out, probably get him an England cap or two.2 Champions League finals with Valencia. Now at Ordispur in Turkey. Klaus Toppmoller, brilliant at Leverkusen, not in work but likely to be pissed as we speak. Koemans at Feyenoord, is Klinsmann still enjoying the California sunshine?...

Feel free to add to the list, there are probably dozens you could argue are better coaches than Pardew and you could also argue that they could all do a better job than he's doing at the moment.

Divn't confuse them with logic man.

Great reply mate. You make some good points.