Pardew's excuses

DubiousBobcat

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So given the circumstances with the ownership, Mcfaul and Alex - you really dont think we could get more out of our current squad?

You kept quiet a while there. I've admitted as much in this thread and in others that he isn't (shock horror!) the world's greatest manager, if that's what you're getting at. The argument is that the manager isn't the real problem.

To bin Pardew for the current run of form would be mental.

We have regularly had three first teamers out at any one time. That's not unheard of, but to compound it we haven't even been able to replace the first teamer with the second string player.

Obertan hasn't come in for HBA, Gosling or Vukcic have been injured at the same time as Cabaye.

Perch was injured at the same time as Tiote was suspended.

The fact is that Bigirimana, Anita, Sameobi and Ferguson have all played too much premier league football this season.

FWIW I think Anita is getting better game by game, but in an ideal world he would have been given more time to acclimatise to the league.

Not read the thread, but I'm failing to see where Pardew has made excuses. He's matter of fact about the situation, where does anyone think he has over-egged it?

After Southampton...

"It was all good up until when it kicked off - it was nice to see some old friends and nice for the fans to give us a nice ovation but obviously it stopped when they got amongst us.

"They did a good job today and we were unlucky as they had a great result at QPR (won 3-1 last week) and their tails were up. Their confidence was there and that made it even more difficult for us. There’s no doubt we’re lacking a bit of confidence, and that showed in that first half. Second half we came out with a renewed vigour and spirit and should have really equalised.

"We had a great chance to square it up, although perhaps not deserved, But we’re struggling at the minute. We’re really up against it in terms of numbers, and it's difficult. We've got 11 senior players out and it looks like Steven Taylor could be another one out for a while with a hamstring injury.

"The difference between last season and this is playing in the Europa League. I feel sorry for the young players like Shane Ferguson who are trying to find their feet in this league, they are trying to find some confidence and it us hard for them.

"Everything seems to be going against us and we have to be tough, but we are not creating the chances that we did last season. The team is not creating. We are struggling at the minute.

"Southampton deserved to win and we have got nothing to argue about. We are going to need the fans, they are the greatest set of fans, the team needs a lift and we need them to lift us.

"We're worried, of course we're worried, because we are Newcastle United and we've really got that dressing room to take into Wednesday night. It's not like we can add four or five players from the squad into that group.

"That is our group and they have been soundly beaten and are going to another tough place. We have three days to try and lift the team to try and get ready for another tough game.

"I am looking forward to the next game and hopefully performing better for our fans. They came a long, long way and they are the greatest set of fans in the country, in my opinion.

"Perhaps we need them more than we did last year because the team really needs a lift."

After Stoke...

"The improvement from Sunday was immense and we deserved to get something from today and we certainly didn't deserve to get beat that's for sure, we were the better side.

"There is a crucial moment in the game at 1-0 where I thought we had a handball and I just looked again and I think it is a penalty and then two sucker punches really and we have got beat.

"Their keeper has made two good saves, and it is galling really as we are on this run and we are having setback after setback and I feel sorry for the players today as they were brilliant, sometimes you don't get what you deserve and we certainly didn't today.

"We made a couple of errors in those goals and that has cost us. We do not make many errors but we have tonight...that team won't go far short if they play like that at home, they will get a result - it was much, much improved.

"In terms that we have a run of defeats now which looks bad but in all honesty we should not have got beat tonight....our fans were brilliant tonight and the next game is important.

"A couple of mistakes have lost the game for us - it was a game we deserved to win. That’s the sort of season we’re having. We’re not really getting any breaks.

"We’re very much aware that it’s four defeats in a row, and we can’t really complain about some of them. I also thought we should have had a penalty when Shawcross stopped the ball going back to Cisse.

"There were a couple of errors for the goals, but it was such an improved display.

"Sometimes it’s just about a bit of confidence - we gave him (Cisse) a different role, and some responsibility to score goals.

"I thought he might come up with a goal without the responsibility of playing him on the side, and he did - he was terrific all night.

(When asked if his team were in a relegation scrap):

"Well, we are now, and no it’s not too early. We can’t bury our head in the sand, and we have to get wins to get out of it.”

"I’m so buoyed by the performance: the things we have changed, and the things we’ve done, have definitely helped the team. The team have responded to them. Hopefully, we can take that forward.”

Nope.

You're making shite up. I'll call us shite if we play shite & recently we've been appalling but I'm behind Pardew & the lads.

Wind your neck in.

Wind my neck in? :lol: Which bit am I wrong about.

Stoke:

Tom @toonlowdown

Shite. Fuck off

Tom @toonlowdown

Shocking.

Tom @toonlowdown

Our defence is utterly pathetic.

Tom @toonlowdown

4 defeats in a row. We are abysmal.

Followed by

Tom @toonlowdown

Much better tonight but we shouldn't have to suffer because of minimal investment losing to West Brom, Swansea, Saints,Stoke in a row offs..

:lol:

Southampton:

Tom @toonlowdown

Pathetic from Krul.

Tom @toonlowdown

Formation & tactics means nothing when there's no desire or passion. We aren't even trying here.

Tom @toonlowdown

Pathetic. No attack, no defence. Whipping boys.

Tom @toonlowdown

Shite.

Followed by:

Tom @toonlowdown

I can't see any other solution than to get behind the lads as best we can rather than moan & boo, behave like spoiled kids.

Green-Day-Walking-Contradic-99601.jpg

Edited by TheRollingStones

Wind my neck in? :lol: Which bit am I wrong about.

Stoke:

Tom @toonlowdown

Shite. Fuck off

Tom @toonlowdown

Shocking.

Tom @toonlowdown

Our defence is utterly pathetic.

Tom @toonlowdown

4 defeats in a row. We are abysmal.

Followed by

Tom @toonlowdown

Much better tonight but we shouldn't have to suffer because of minimal investment losing to West Brom, Swansea, Saints,Stoke in a row offs..

Southampton:

Tom @toonlowdown

Pathetic from Krul.

Tom @toonlowdown

Formation & tactics means nothing when there's no desire or passion. We aren't even trying here.

Tom @toonlowdown

Pathetic. No attack, no defence. Whipping boys.

Tom @toonlowdown

Shite.

Followed by:

Tom @toonlowdown

I can't see any other solution than to get behind the lads as best we can rather than moan & boo, behave like spoiled kids.

If we defend shite I'll say we've defended shite, if Krul makes mistakes I'll say he makes mistakes.

Notice I complemented the improvement after the Swansea/Southampton games last night where he kicked it out rather than costing us a goal. Again.

The latter was summarising, 'micro blogging' is a bit different to being in the ground isn't it?

Most people call shite football shite. Because that's what it is.

Do the lads read twitter during the games? Adittionally which oof those views is unique to CT?

Funny that cos for 80 mins last night I was thinking how you had to hand it to the players for getting stuck in on a cold night in Stoke. We had a few chances, Cisse looked closer to his old self and we didnt let ourselves get bullied out of the game.