Top 100 Albums of the 90s

Alex

It's no good when you do these lists when a decade's just ended but it's probably long enough ago to appraise the decade properly now.

Not sure I agree with the list or the order. I own a lot of them and even think some of them are a bit naff.

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/5923-top-100-albums-of-the-1990s/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Bjork ones ffs. Look at me, I'm a wierdo from Iceland, I can make squeaky voices and I've got no tits. Pipe down.

One of the wankest most yank centric lists I've ever seen. Utter load of wank, our music pisses on their's.

How many Bjork ones ffs. Look at me, I'm a wierdo from Iceland, I can make squeaky voices and I've got no tits. Pipe down.

One of the wankest most yank centric lists I've ever seen. Utter load of wank, our music pisses on their's.

Don't think it's a great list mesel. More of a discussion piece really. I've got a better list which I'll add later ;)

I quite like Bjork though. Classic case of doing a really good debut and never living up to it though imo.

Yeah she's crap bar the first Sugarcubes album.

Someone once told me that when she was in the Sugarcubes she used to take a shit on stage during a gig. I may have dreamt that like..

and she's been shit on stage ever since. ;)

Saw here on a programme about curries once and she was ensconed in the only curry house in rejkavic warbling about chikken korma or summink...

Dummy, Moon Safari and Heaven or Las Vegas still get played at Parky Castle.

Maxinquaye is an album everybody told me to buy for 2 decades. No dice. :lol:

Aye, I still listen to Cocteau Twins a lot. Robin Guthrie on at The Cluny in February a little bird tells me..

Aye, I still listen to Cocteau Twins a lot. Robin Guthrie on at The Cluny in February a little bird tells me..

Tooj is very big on the Cocteau Twins. Really like some of Guthrie's later ambient/dreamy stuff. Good to write to.

Haven't read the full list but it looks like the usual combo of journos obscurities and the more obvious suspects.

Siamese Dream would probably be top for me.

Music journos are fukin clueless like. Write gushing pap about anything if there's a press junket involved.

yeah that's about the same for me, pavement, radiohead, flaming lips, dj shadow nirvana maybe 1-2 more.

Surprised doolittle didn't make the top 10 easily as well (although it might have been late 80's come to think of it)

Soft Bulletin is a great shout though, love that album particularly race for the prize and a spoonful weighs a ton

Flaming lips is popular with lesbians apparently.