Why Souness doesn't have to watch the reserves

Isegrim

"We work every single day with those players," he said. "Do you think I need to go and see them in a reserve game to understand what I've got or haven't got?

"I know everything we've got here and my staff know everything we've got here.

"And, by the way, Tuesday was my wife's birthday."

Fair enough, that he wanted to spend the time with his wife. I still think he and his staff should watch how players do in games, not just in training, even if it are reserve games.

And that especially because we are speaking of the man who - to the amusement of the crowd - threw on the famous Ali Dia because he couldn't spot in training that this man is everything but not an international football player.

Edited by Isegrim

"We work every single day with those players," he said. "Do you think I need to go and see them in a reserve game to understand what I've got or haven't got?

Fair enough, that he wanted to spend the time with his wife. I still think he and his staff should watch how players do in games, not just in training, even if it are reserve games.

And that especially because we are speaking of the man who - to the amusement of the crowd - threw on the famous Ali Dia because he couldn't spot in training that this man is everything but not an international football player.

76135[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Tommy Craig is capable enough of telling Souness who played well, who didn't etc. but you would have thought Murray and/or Saunders would have went though.

76135[/snapback]

considering how he said only days earlier

"we will leave no stone unturned for this club" blah blah blah

and

"this is a 24 hour a day job" etc etc etc

but we are used to his hypocrisy and lies by now

76135[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Tommy Craig is capable enough of telling Souness who played well, who didn't etc. but you would have thought Murray and/or Saunders would have went though.

76143[/snapback]

I thought about Craig. But how much involved is he in the first team affairs (i.e. coaching)? I don't think very much. I think it's the responsibility of those people or are doing the coaching and team selection to check on the reserves and not just go by hearsay from the reserve team manager.

With our current injury crisis he should have been there and he knows it. He's just pissed that Anal Oliver let the whole of Newcastle know he wasn't.

IMO the sooner his ticker starts playing up again and he has to leave on medical grounds the better, thats what I'm praying for anyway as after yesterdays performance he should have bitten the bullet but he hasn't and it's now starting to worry me that were stuck with him.

Fta Fred knows he's playing for the sack.

When we're fucked with so many injuries, as Souness points out to us every week, you'd think he's want to take a look at the young uns seeing as we're going to be forced to play a few in the coming weeks. Watching them run round cones for 5 minutes doesn't really cut it, he should be watching them play competitive football.

When we're fucked with so many injuries, as Souness points out to us every week, you'd think he's want to take a look at the young uns seeing as we're going to be forced to play a few in the coming weeks. Watching them run round cones for 5 minutes doesn't really cut it, he should be watching them play competitive football.

76451[/snapback]

Yeh, and as a result we play Martin bloody Brittain, he must be a proper man.

Never seen how anyone rates him, he's just a nothingless player.

Does Souness even go to training? (Honest question, I don't know whether he does or not)

I thought the whole reason Bellamy skived training that time was because he wanted to go and see Souness.

Does Souness even go to training? (Honest question, I don't know whether he does or not)

I thought the whole reason Bellamy skived training that time was because he wanted to go and see Souness.

76476[/snapback]

Shepherd I believe. Souness does go to training, because he has physically attacked Bellamy and Carr during training I am led to believe, possibly others too.

76476[/snapback]

Shepherd I believe. Souness does go to training, because he has physically attacked Bellamy and Carr during training I am led to believe, possibly others too.

76482[/snapback]

For balance: A rumour that has remained a rumour, unlike Bellamy's widely reported attack on John Carver.

76476[/snapback]

76482[/snapback]

For balance: A rumour that has remained a rumour, unlike Bellamy's widely reported attack on John Carver.

76485[/snapback]

Maybe, but one I believe in given Souness's temperment. But your right, sticking to categorical facts there is more than enough rope to hang Souness with.

76476[/snapback]

76482[/snapback]

76485[/snapback]

Maybe, but one I believe in given Souness's temperment. But your right, sticking to categorical facts there is more than enough rope to hang Souness with.

76500[/snapback]

Not a personal dig at you or anything, it's just I feel LM in particular brings up these rumours re: Souness, yet ignores a lot of those concerned with Bellmay. You are right though, by sticking to facts alone, Souness should be peddled pronto.

Well, he only has to be a Newcastle fan for 90 minutes when the first team are playing after all. Perhaps we should get off his back?

76455[/snapback]

You're intelligent enough to know what he meant when he said that, so why use it to snipe? If he'd come out and said that as Newcastle manager he was Newcastle's biggest fan 24 hours a day (soopafan even), you would no doubt have complained about that an'all. :rolleyes:

Well, he only has to be a Newcastle fan for 90 minutes when the first team are playing after all. Perhaps we should get off his back?

76455[/snapback]

You're intelligent enough to know what he meant when he said that, so why use it to snipe? If he'd come out and said that as Newcastle manager he was Newcastle's biggest fan 24 hours a day (soopafan even), you would no doubt have complained about that an'all. :rolleyes:

77013[/snapback]

No need to say anything rather than some crass soundbite. That comment was bound to piss people off because:

1) It's rubbish - I bet there are on average at least 45,000 bigger fans during the match than Souness. You know, the one that pay to be there, rather than are paid a fortune to be there.

2) By saying he's only a fan for 90 minutes reinforces the fact that it is just a job to him.

However, the shite Souness has come up with recently beggars belief; particularly his putting the blame for our terrible performances firmly on the media - the same media that most on this board have taken a dislike to for blindly backing Souness up until the Wigan match, where even Oliver realised the game was up and he couldn't back the indefensible. The next Souness scape goat will be the fans, and then thankfully he will be gone.