Fulham v NUFC

PaddockLad

It's becoming more depressing when we control most of the second half but our strikers can't find the net.

Willowanker was responsible for their first goal, it would have been better if he had just stood still which he is good at.

Colo for the second, he was on the wrong side of his man.

Cisse is looking more and more like a dud. Him and Ba are just not proving to be a formidable strike force.

Jonas works his arse off every game but there's hardly eve anything to show for it other than he gets a lot of free kicks.

Wilson should be sent to a school that teaches how to cross a good ball more than once in a while.

Santon is becoming more and more of an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Shola ........... huh!!

Tiote had a great game ................... didn't get a yellow card.

Anita was a little better today but he does seem light-weight.

Krull kept the score down with some good saves.

Overall we played a bit better than we have been of late but as always it's goals that count and we're not getting enough. We could have/should have won this match but how many times have I said that.

Agree with most of that, Tiote didn't have to good game though. His passing was atrocious.

The biggest thing for me was the amount of times Jonas and Simpson beat their man and put in some of the worst crosses you will see all season. I wanted to kick a hole in the telly by the end of the game.

Williamson is comically bad, Tiotes passing is horrific, Cisse has looked terrible for 15 games now. Basically Krul, Santon, Colo, Ben Arfa and Ba were the only ones to put a decent shift in last night.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, unless Ashley hires and fires Keegan in the next few months I can't see us being in the relegation scrap for real.

Not too sure where this confidence comes from given the calibre of the teams that have beaten us so far.

You either have great faith in Pardew to steady the ship (not helped by changing tactics / formations three times in one game), or in Ashley to bring in several key players who can slot straight in.

Confidence of the team looks shot.

Performances have improved to be fair and I think with some relatively lets say easier games we would have started to get some results. Problem is the fixture list isnt doing us any favors at the moment and by the time January comes we may be 17-8th and a few alarm bells will have gone off by then. I do think despite all our limitations we are much better than a lot of teams in this division so eventually we should be ok. However, thats exactly what most of us thought in the relegation season so I wont be blaming anyone for panicking if we do touch the bottom 3.

Performances have improved to be fair and I think with some relatively lets say easier games we would have started to get some results. Problem is the fixture list isnt doing us any favors at the moment and by the time January comes we may be 17-8th and a few alarm bells will have gone off by then. I do think despite all our limitations we are much better than a lot of teams in this division so eventually we should be ok. However, thats exactly what most of us thought in the relegation season so I wont be blaming anyone for panicking if we do touch the bottom 3.

The very sign of a relegation candidate. Playing "well" according to some and still losing games.

Lets get one thing fucking clear. We arent playing well from an objective point of view. Its still fucking gash, but its an improvement on the concentration camp performances we have had in games previous.

Well by our own standards means reading on a poor tuesday night these days.

Fulham have been fucking gash this season and last night as well, and they still linked up like a Iniesta-xavi-messi menage a trois compared to our hoofing.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Last night's result was as predictable as Aeris/LBT coming on to gloat about it. Especially seeing as Fulham hadn't scored / won for about 6 months.

Its not something I enjoy doing, but if Pardew is to fuck off we need to lose games. Simple as.

Its the only thing Ashley understands.

It's becoming more depressing when we control most of the second half but our strikers can't find the net.

Willowanker was responsible for their first goal, it would have been better if he had just stood still which he is good at.

Colo for the second, he was on the wrong side of his man.

Cisse is looking more and more like a dud. Him and Ba are just not proving to be a formidable strike force.

Jonas works his arse off every game but there's hardly eve anything to show for it other than he gets a lot of free kicks.

Wilson should be sent to a school that teaches how to cross a good ball more than once in a while.

Santon is becoming more and more of an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Shola ........... huh!!

Tiote had a great game ................... didn't get a yellow card.

Anita was a little better today but he does seem light-weight.

Krull kept the score down with some good saves.

Overall we played a bit better than we have been of late but as always it's goals that count and we're not getting enough. We could have/should have won this match but how many times have I said that.

We've played at a higher tempo the last 2/3 games but that is pointless if the side lack the craft or positional play to create chances for one of the most prolific forwards in the league. Again when Pards hit the panick button the whole team morphed into some of the worst long ball football since Wimbledon beat Liv in that cup final (I won £438). Marv should have come on when Hba went off as Fulham were sitting back and we had space to play in - in front of them.

The team are moving in the right direction at the wrong time. The slate of fixtures will kill dead this mini-recovery in its tracks and we'll be extremely lucky not to be in the bottom three in Jan. If there is a time to emergency spend it is this coming window, we need at least 2 players to go straight into the first team if not 3 (looks like Ba is gone to where he can get his 80k a week).

Opta show we booted 34 crosses into the box and only 7 reached on of our players.

The cohesion of the side is getting back to where it was last year, but chance creation is my main worry. Balls are hit too long from deep areas making them in effect 50/50 balls and often to forwards who aren't really good at dealing with them. We're relying too much on opp mistakes to nick goals. If this side doesn't start keeping the ball more or playing shorter final balls the misery will continue.

We don't have a player capable of playing the withdrawn forward role who can muck in and link play from midfield like a Michu or Dempsey, what we have is two identical finisher types one of whom is having to masquarade as some kind of winger (Cisse) to the detriment of his game and to the detriment of the side. Without wingers we can't get behind sides, without pace we can't turn central defenders and without creativtiy we can't make holes. We're basically fucked.

Edited by Park Life

What we should have done is play ben arfa and marveaux on each flank ( benny in a free role btw), Cabaye pushed further up the pitch in a more advanced role. Tiote as the anchor.

Cisse needs to be the spearhead, he has never been a winger before - Ba has at hoffenheim.

He has to play the Rooney role, if he doesnt want that - then he can fuck off. Wish Pardew had the balls to tell him that.

Basically we need to be willing to take chances. This setup would make us more vulnerable to counter but on the other hand attack is one form of defense.

What we should have done is play ben arfa and marveaux on each flank ( benny in a free role btw), Cabaye pushed further up the pitch in a more advanced role. Tiote as the anchor.

Cisse needs to be the spearhead, he has never been a winger before - Ba has at hoffenheim.

He has to play the Rooney role, if he doesnt want that - then he can fuck off. Wish Pardew had the balls to tell him that.

Basically we need to be willing to take chances. This setup would make us more vulnerable to counter but on the other hand attack is one form of defense.

Ba doesn't have the game, energy or nous to play 'the Rooney role'. At Hoffenheim he played as a wide forward still staying pretty much up the park. His ego has got the better of him after that prolific spell. I don't know the inns and outs of it but he seems to be wanting a move for more money (agents messing with his head or whatever). Hope he gets his move and his knee goes.

We need a right back or a left back (Santon can switch over) a CD and a withdrawn forward with a brain or we're in serious danger of going down. For all his skills pards doesn't have the tactical depth to fight a relegation battle (historically small sides as we are go down if they get into a scrap).

Think Pards will stick to his percentage game (there is data somewhere from the 70's :lol:) that shows most goals come from mistakes or longer balls when defenders get isolated. The game has changed wildly since then and I hope he hasn't taken this info as gospel. ;)

He should be got rid off now (he won't be) so a new manager can have the window and time to apply his method. I'm serious. He looks confused and bewildered blabbering on about energy and whatnot. My opinion.

*Note Wham fell apart when Diame went off.

Edited by Park Life

Cabaye's injured.

Im speaking in general how we should set up, not yesterdays game.

But going from his past performances this season, you could well argue that its perfectly possible not to notice him playing nowadays ;)

And why's that, all knowlegdeable one?....is Pardew shagging his missus?

Is that why you said "What we should have done..." in the match thread, straight after the match?

Edited by Alex

But going from his past performances this season, you could well argue that its perfectly possible not to notice him playing nowadays ;)

No we're holding you to literally every single word you utter you witless freak. Just like you do with Pardew. Not aware that Cabaye's out till mid Jan? That surely fails Stevie's "mug test"?....

As much as Fulham are a 'friendly' club (inoffensive, at least), with a lovely iconic stadium... I don't think I've ever been to an away match and heard such a quiet home crowd (including the last time I went to Craven Cottage about a decade ago, but that was a 3pm kick-off). They had the odd half-hearted chant but only seemed to make any real noise/stand up when they scored or had a decision go against them.

On the flipside our lot made plenty of noise from first to last, and naturally the away numbers would have swelled a little bit because of the neutral end being packed with Toon fans. Great away atmosphere.