Newcastle United v Man City Saturday 15th

Christmas Tree

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to try and take positives from how we have played in spells and apply it next game. Lets face it, we didnt expect to win today but when our heads were up we looked a threat. Need this against QPR.

Hope we don't concede again. Don't deserve it. It's been a quality game from us. If not for Toure's brilliant through ball and Santon's fuck up on the corner clearance it could have been different. A lot of what ifs but against the champions we've played well. Turn up like this for the rest of the season and we'll rocket up the league.

Simpson has been a joke today mind, really showing how far below the standard of the others he is.

He wasn't very good but Santon who cost us two goals gets no howls of derision, strange.

No complaints. Best performance of the season. Nice passing and movement and matched the best team in the league for 70 odd mins.

Cisse spins and scores it's 2-2 and then could have gone either way.

MOM - Anita.

He wasn't very good but Santon who cost us two goals gets no howls of derision, strange.

I said at half time he's been very poor today. But its a one off from him. Where Simpson does it time after time. What really pisses you off though is he's a stubborn little shitty twat. 3rd goal there. Colo told him to mark his man but apparently didnt give a shit and told Colo to go do it himself. And after his man went by just stood there instead of trying to get back and do something. Fucking disgraceful this guy.

I'm not one to attack Simpson normally, Santon had a nightmare defensively today agreed but Simpson was a shambles both offensively and defensively. It's just very frustrating watching Simpson have so much time over and over again to put in dreadful balls.

Good news we'll beat QPR playing like this. Bad news of course we'll probably manage to make a couple of more defensive blunders and hand them a gift.

Anita's performances getting better every game now. I give Williamson a lot of stick usually but thought he was excellent today. Ba worked hard as usual. Cisse tried but his passing let him down, still not anywhere close to his best. Jonas and Tiote again below par on the whole I thought.

I'm not one to attack Simpson normally, Santon had a nightmare defensively today agreed but Simpson was a shambles both offensively and defensively. It's just very frustrating watching Simpson have so much time over and over again to put in dreadful balls.

Thought Simpson did alright today. Even tried to take a man on now and again. :lol:

That third goal was so disappointing, and unquestionably harsh on us.

I think a draw would have been a fair result. But then I said the same after Fulham. We need to make our chances count, like the opposition are doing to us.

This performace will give the players a good feeling and a bit of confidence. Played really well.

Yeah. I don't think the players will take too much negativity away from that performance. Apart from the simple things like defending properly at set pieces we were brilliant.

Just need a win now to get things rolling. Especially this time of year when the games are so close together a bit of momentum could mean the difference between a relegation battle and safe mid table come the end of the season.

Yup. 3 points next week is a must considering we go to Old Trafford after that where we will get nothing. After that Arsenal away and Everton at home will be tough but games where we can get something from. Next week is so so important now.

Thought Simpson did alright today. Even tried to take a man on now and again. :lol:

Tried being the key word there :lol: I think he's a very average premiership player, but it's just frustrating when the rest of the team lift their game and he doesn't do the same. Could be down to the contract dispute.

I've been very critical of Pardew and some of the players, but that performace was the best in a long, long time for me.

Aye was a good 2nd half, Pardew did great switching the tactics around for the 2nd half. Let down by stupid mistakes. Hopefully this isn't a one of performance and we can carry it into the QPR game.

Like Anita on set pieces. Much better than that shit Cabaye dishes up.

Yeah, variety and accuracy. Mind you, he's gotta sack off those short corners when we've the big lads up.

Simpson was good going forward but yeah he's not great at the back.

Santon wants shooting for spazzing at the corner.

Colo played well a lot of times but there were still times where he looked shaky

Williamson is an abomination, but didn't play that badly.

Anita was probably my MOM, good deliveries, helped Simpson on the right, was very mobile and very tidy on the whole.

Perch, typical uncomplicated gutsy performance by a limited player

Tiote returning to his real ability imo, I assume he was taken off to get more creativity on the pitch and so that he didn't get booked?

Ba was decent and took his goal well.

Cisse still looks a player who's not convinced in himself

Jonas hasn't played above average all season, but his endeavour still means that until we're playing better as a team, he will be a part of the game plan.

Marveaux looked good when he came on, I'd like to see more of him.

Ferguson did fuck all, but wasn't given much time

Shola is Shola, not great but tried his best 1/2 chance late on.