Newcastle United v Man City Saturday 15th

Christmas Tree

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone like this 27 year old, French international right back I keep hearing about...

I know this might sound far-fetched, but there could be a chance we are looking into other players aswell...

Actually yeah, I am for real. While I agree with your sentiment of not putting up with racism it's getting a bit tedious now that pretty much anything anyone says results in the police being brought in, excessive coverage by the media and an all round hype-fest.

Tbf though you are Alf Garnett sans irony.

Didn't think he was too bad, apart from a couple of mistakes.

One of which killed the game for us after he was to blame for the third goal

I thought he was awful. He screams for the ball all the time and by the time he's taken a touch, set himself, got his head up, he's either lost it or can't get a decent cross in because the defender is touch tight again

One of which killed the game for us after he was to blame for the third goal

I thought he was awful. He screams for the ball all the time and by the time he's taken a touch, set himself, got his head up, he's either lost it or can't get a decent cross in because the defender is touch tight again

In the first half they had the run of their right wing. Nasri was walking through to tee up chances for tevez/aguero at leisure. They posed no such thread down the other wing. How much of that is down to their setup as opposed to the abilities of our defence is debateable, but Simpson wasn't the biggest concern for me until the 80th minute. Santons a crowd favourite so he's not getting an ounce of the stick Simpson is. He was much more culpable on their second than Simpson was for the third though.

Simpson was comical and lazy as fuck for the third, but I think it's the only time they got attackers in numbers on that side of the box and he was all at sea.

In the first half they had the run of their right wing. Nasri was walking through to tee up chances for tevez/aguero at leisure. They posed no such thread down the other wing. How much of that is down to their setup as opposed to the abilities of our defence is debateable, but Simpson wasn't the biggest concern for me until the 80th minute. Santons a crowd favourite so he's not getting an ounce of the stick Simpson is. He was much more culpable on their second than Simpson was for the third though.

The period of the game where Nasri was tearing our left side a new arse was an example of the problems created not having a left footed defender as a LB, tbh of not having a left footed player in the defence or midfield.